The high winds and forceful waters of a hurricane can cause severe destruction to the structure of homes. Such damages include severe roof and wall damage, broken outdoor fixtures, and electrical and plumbing damage. If you reside in a flood-prone city like Fort Pierce and a hurricane has ruined any component of your house, our Fort Pierce hurricane claims lawyers are here to help.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you pursue compensation from your homeowner’s insurance or any other relevant insurance policy available. We can handle the paperwork and negotiations involved to obtain the compensation that covers your qualified losses. We will manage the entire hurricane damage claims process giving you more time to focus on yourself and your family and move forward from this crisis.
Damages You Can Recover Through a Fort Pierce Hurricane Claims
Generally, there is no single hurricane insurance that will provide you with a lump-sum amount to cover your damages. You may have several different policies that offer coverage for various hurricane-related destruction. For example, you may also have flood and windstorm insurance along with homeowners’ insurance. We can assist you in seeking compensation for damages from all the relevant policies you may have.
Here are some damages you may be able to recover through your insurance policies:
- Repairs to the foundation and the physical structure of your home
- Plumbing and electrical systems repair
- HVAC system repair
- Broken fence repair
- Any repair to built-in components such as bookcases or cabinets
- Wall damage repair
- Car Repair
- Cost of hotel and food expenses if you had to temporarily relocate due to the damage
- Repair of detached structures such as a shed, gazebo, barn, garage, etc.
- Damage to personal items such as clothing, furniture, and appliances
- Mold-related damage repair
The amount of compensation you receive depends on various factors such as what damages you suffered due to the hurricane and your deductible. Our Fort Pierce hurricane claims attorney can accurately assess how the hurricane has impacted your property and personal belongings to help you understand the true value of your hurricane claim.
How a Lawyer Can Assist You with Your Fort Pierce Hurricane Claims
Hurricanes can cause massive disruption to their victims. Its aftermath tends to linger much longer than the natural disaster itself, suddenly inundating you with urgent home repair expenses.
When we decide to lead your case, you can expect to receive comprehensive service with compassionate and responsive representation from our firm. Here are some ways The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you:
- Review your policies and explain your legal options
- Examine the full extent of damages and approach the appropriate policy to secure compensation for the covered expenses
- Explain how to properly check for hurricane-related damages, so all foreseeable expenses are accounted for
- Assimilate evidence such as photographs and video footage that proves the presence of each type of damage
- Fill and submit all paperwork within the deadline
- Negotiate with the insurance adjusters for a fair settlement
- Safeguard your case from any bad faith practices
- Represent you in court if a lawsuit is required to achieve a fair compensation
- Answer any questions and address any concerns promptly
Our Fort Pierce hurricane attorney will do everything possible to ensure you receive nothing less than what you deserve. Our comprehensive services for hurricane damage claims ensure you do not have to deal with the insurance company, we will handle it all for you.
Document Your Losses
To obtain proper compensation for all your covered losses, it is critical to assess the full scope of damages as soon as possible. We can help you with the following:
- Taking full inventory of damages to your home and personal items
- Taking multi-angle photographs of the interior and exterior areas of the damages to the house
- Taking video footage that depicts the extent of damage
- Gather receipts related to repairing or replacing the items or components damaged during the hurricane
If you already have some of these items, please keep them secured in a dry area so our team can use them when building your case. Also, please ensure to safeguard your copies of your insurance policies.
A Fort Pierce Hurricane Claims Lawyer Can Protect You from Bad Faith Practices
Although some insurance companies work hard to ensure their customers receive what they are entitled to following a hurricane, other insurers are driven by profit. They will try to engage in unscrupulous practices to undervalue your claim.
Examples of common bad faith practices from insurance companies include:
- Using the ambiguous language of a policy clause to avoid paying a claim
- Failing to disclose limitations and exclusions before selling a policy
- Requiring the policyholder to meet unreasonable demands in exchange for settling the hurricane damage claim
- Denying or undervaluing a claim for a covered loss despite being provided with evidence
- Modifying the policy without the policyholder’s knowledge
Our legal team will take the lead during the negotiation process and fight for the settlement that you are rightfully owed to ensure the insurance companies are not taking advantage of you.
Limited Time to Pursue Coverage from Your Insurance Policy
Generally, you have three years after the hurricane first makes landfall to notify the insurance company of the covered losses, according to Florida Statutes § 627.70132. If the insurance company denies or undervalues your claim, or intentionally prolongs settling your claim so the deadline expires, our legal team will file a lawsuit against the insurer to pursue the collection of your well-deserved compensation through that route.
Seek the Expertise of a Fort Pierce Hurricane Claims Attorney
If your property sustained water or wind damage from a hurricane, we urge you to contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible. Our attorneys are here to fight to recover fair compensation for your claim, so you can begin the process of repairing the damage and moving forward with your life.
Contact us today for a free case review with one of our hurricane claims team members.
We will work diligently to help you collect every penny from insurance companies for all the covered losses you have suffered.
We Can Help.