Truck accidents on interstate highways have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries that leave you deep in debt because of mounting medical bills and the inability to work. Sometimes, the liable party attempts to settle a claim soon after the accident. The offer might sound like the answer to fixing your financial issues. Unfortunately, however, they could offer significantly less than you deserve.
When you hire a Fort Myers truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can help you determine whether the liable party has presented a fair offer. If not, we can gather information to prove you deserve more. Our team has handled many truck accident cases and understands the steps we need to take to help with your claim.
Steps The I-75 Truck Accident Lawyers In Fort Myers From Our Firm Can Take For You
You might believe the at-fault truck driver’s insurance company will provide the compensation you deserve after they crash into you. But unfortunately, it doesn’t always happen that way. Sometimes, the insurer will offer much less than you deserve—or deny your claim. When either scenario happens, you can count on our I-75 truck accident attorneys in Fort Myers to help.
We will build a compelling case that provides the maximum compensation for your damages. However, it can take time to organize a case and reach a fair settlement. So, the steps we can take to help your case include the following:
- Interview witnesses: People who saw the truck accident can provide insight into the events. In addition, they could prove the accuracy of your statement.
- Calculate your losses: We can speak to experts and your employer to determine the losses you incurred because of your injuries. For example, vocational experts can assess your future losses if you cannot return to work, while a life care planner will calculate the cost of required long-term medical care.
- Handle communications: The insurance company might contact you often throughout the claims process. However, we can communicate with the adjuster on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement agreement: We can start negotiations after building your case. During these negotiations, we will advocate for your rights to recover compensation for your losses.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine team treats each client with the compassionate care they deserve. Thus, when you choose our firm, you can expect responsive legal care and to receive your lawyer’s cellphone number to remain in constant contact.
How Our Past Clients Feel About Our Firm
When clients choose our legal team to handle their claims, we work hard for them—and they notice! Check out these client reviews:
- “Back in February, me and my boyfriend at the time got hit by a bus. My car was totaled, and the entire process was a huge hassle until my father put me in contact with the firm. After that, it was pretty much smooth sailing. Most of the stress was taken off of my shoulders, and they really helped me focus on getting myself better while they took care of everything else.” — Tyler R.
- “Rear-ended in February 2017. From literally the day after the accident, I have been in the extremely capable hands of this law firm. … A year later, and my case is wrapping up with a result that I am more than satisfied with. Their reputation is well deserved. Thanks guys!” — Rudy D.
The Damages You Could Recover After A Truck Accident On Interstate 75 in Fort Myers
We consider the losses you’ve suffered before starting settlement talks. By accounting for your damages, we calculate the total value of your case. You have the right to seek compensation for all your losses based on the individual circumstances of your case.
We will substantiate economic damages by showing receipts or other documentation that you suffered financially. Examples of monetary losses you could seek compensation for include the following:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rehabilitation services
We will also determine your noneconomic damages, which won’t have a fixed value on an invoice or bill but have affected you just the same. However, if you handle your case without an attorney, you might not understand how to calculate these damages and their value. Instead, our legal team can do the work for you.
Examples of noneconomic damages you could demand include the following:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Common Causes Of I-75 Truck Accidents
Determining the cause of the truck accident has significance because it could lead us to identify the liable party. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Fatigued truck drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Intoxicated drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Bad weather conditions
- Poorly maintained roads
- Inadequate maintenance on the truck
- Improperly loaded trucks
- Untrained drivers
Any of these issues could have caused your collision, leaving you dealing with the devastating aftermath. Instead, let our attorneys help you investigate your accident. First, we will identify the cause and the liable parties. Then, you can hold them accountable for their negligent actions.
Contact Our Truck Accident Attorneys For A Free Consultation
Thousands of commercial trucks drive through Fort Myers along Interstate 75 every day. Unfortunately, that means the potential for a catastrophic, life-changing crash exists as these heavy trucks move at speeds that make it difficult to stop quickly. Our truck accident attorneys in Fort Myers provide outstanding and dedicated legal representation to those who have sustained injuries.
We’ve helped many truck accident victims in the past, and we feel confident that we can help with your case. You don’t pay our firm unless we help you recover compensation. So, contact our firm today for a free consultation. During this initial meeting, you can ask questions and determine if you have grounds to file a claim.
We Can Help.