Truck accidents can take a devastating physical and financial toll on the victims. If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a truck crash or commercial motor vehicle collision, you can pursue financial damages to pay for your medical care and get your life back on track. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
Our Florida City personal injury lawyers can handle your insurance claims or take legal action to recover the compensation you need and deserve. While we focus on your case, you can focus on what is most important – your health and your family. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Truck Accident Victims Can Recover Crash-Related Losses
If you or someone you love is a truck accident victim, you have the right to seek financial restitution for crash-related losses. It’s possible to hold the truck driver, the company they work for, and any other parties whose negligent or wrongful actions contributed to the incident, responsible.
Our team of experienced truck accident lawyers in Florida City is equipped to help you claim compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses, including emergency transportation and treatment, hospitalizations, surgeries, medications, mobility aids, medical equipment, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and extended nursing
- Lost income, including back pay, employment benefits, and future lost earnings if your injuries interfere long-term with your earning capabilities
- Vehicle damages or your car’s market value if the damages are a total loss
- Pain and suffering, including non-economic compensation for severe and chronic pain, scarring, disfigurement, depression, stress, anxiety, loss of enjoyment, and reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death, including medical bills, funeral and burial costs, loss of your family member’s support, services, guidance, and companionship, and survivors’ mental and emotional suffering
The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Can Help Every Step Of The Way
Our law firm has fought for injured clients across Florida since 2006. We understand the challenges victims face after an accident and want to take these burdens off your shoulders. Our accident attorneys will stand up to trucking companies and their insurers and lawyers and fight for you at every turn. We aim to achieve the maximum compensation possible so you can move your life forward.
Our legal team may be able to:
- Investigate your truck accident and collect evidence
- Identify at-fault parties and prove they are liable for your damages
- Establish your right to recover economic and non-economic compensation
- Calculate your losses and pursue a full and fair settlement or verdict
- Prepare and file your insurance and legal paperwork
- Communicate with involved parties on your behalf
- Manage deadlines and case details
We also want to offer real and practical support to you and your loved ones. When you work with us, we give you your lawyer’s cell phone number so you can always reach out with questions or to discuss your case. Our compassionate staff can even help you schedule medical appointments or get your car repaired. Contact us to get started today.
Truck Accidents And Florida’s No-Fault Insurance Laws
Florida’s no-fault insurance system mandates that most motorists carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance that they must turn to first after a crash. PIP provides medical, wage, and death benefits, regardless of fault for the collision.
You can and should pursue a no-fault claim with your insurance provider, and our Florida PIP lawyers can help you do so. However, if you have severe injuries and damages that exceed your insurance policy limits, we can help you seek additional compensation (including awards for pain and suffering) from a negligent party with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
We Will Determine Liability For A Commercial Vehicle Accident
Liability for your truck accident will depend on who or what caused your crash. Common causes of commercial vehicle collisions include the following:
- Driver inexperience
- Driver inattention
- Driver intoxication
- Speeding or driving too fast for weather, road, or vehicle conditions
- Driver fatigue/violation of state and federal Hours of Service Regulations
- Violation of Florida traffic laws or Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations
- Overloaded, unbalanced, or unsecured cargo
- Failure to outfit vehicles with required safety features, such as underride guards
- Mechanical problems
- Vehicle or auto parts defects
- Failure to vet or train drivers
- Failure to comply with driver alcohol or drug testing requirements
Our truck accident lawyers serving Florida City can assist with claims against liable drivers, their employers, shipping companies, and other at-fault parties. We are unafraid to go up against commercial trucking companies or other powerful, wealthy entities. We will tirelessly defend your claim for compensation, including representing you at trial if necessary.
Proving Negligence Or Wrongdoing Caused Your Crash
In pursuing your claim, our first step is to establish a clear link between negligence or wrongdoing and your truck accident. We leave no stone unturned in gathering comprehensive evidence to build a robust case on your behalf.
This evidence often includes:
- Police reports
- Eyewitness accounts
- Crash debris and photographs from the accident scene
- Dashcam or surveillance video
- Medical records
- Testimony from medical professionals, economists, crash reconstruction specialists, and other relevant case experts
- Receipts, bills, pay stubs, and other proof of your damages
Our team can also ensure the trucking company preserves and turns over information in its position, such as the truck’s “black box” data recorder. But you must act quickly. The longer you wait, the greater the risk of losing valuable evidence.
Pursue Your Truck Accident Case Before Time Runs Out
Florida’s statute of limitations for personal injury and wrongful death is two years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. This time limit is important even if you expect to resolve your issue with an insurance claim. If that statute expires and you cannot take legal action, you could lose your leverage over the insurance company.
Contact The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine For Truck Accident Case Help Today
The Florida City truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can put our firm’s team behind your case. We will not rest until we have achieved an advantageous settlement or verdict for you or your family.
A team member can answer your questions and tell you more about how we can take your case for no upfront or out-of-pocket fees. Contact us today to schedule a risk-free, no-cost consultation.
We Can Help.