Our Coral Gables motorcycle accident lawyers help injured claimants recover damages. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is on your side if a negligent driver injured you or someone you love. We take care of your personal injury case’s details, going the extra mile while you focus on recovering.
Our legal services and support start with a free review of your motorcycle accident case. During our conversation, you’ll learn about the benefits of hiring a Coral Gables personal injury lawyer. Our goal is to achieve the best possible outcome for you, whether through a settlement or court award.
You Pay Nothing Upfront For Our Injury Lawyers’ Help
At our personal injury firm, we provide comprehensive client support. Our fee structure is even designed to support you. We charge nothing upfront and only get paid if we recover compensation. At that point, we receive a percentage of your financial award.
You owe us no fees if your case doesn’t succeed. We also ensure you receive the following:
- Communicative legal care
- A phone number for your personal injury lawyer
- Frequent and timely case updates
- Replies to your questions and concerns
- Responses to your phone calls and emails
Our law firm will meet your legal needs. We will also help you schedule doctors’ appointments and have your motorcycle repaired, if necessary.
We Have A Limited Time To File Your Coral Gables Personal Injury Case
Filing your personal injury accident case on time is critical to your pursuit of compensation. If your personal injury lawsuit is filed too late, it will be dismissed. With prompt notification, our Coral Gables motorcycle accident lawyers will ensure your case is filed on time.
According to Florida Statute § 95:11:
- You generally have two years to file a personal injury case. Your filing period begins from the date of your accident.
- You generally have two years to comply with the wrongful death statute of limitations. This two-year statute starts running on the date of a loved one’s passing.
Complying with the statute of limitations can be complex. Our team will explain your case’s deadline, along with any exceptions that may apply.
Your Lawyer Proves That Negligence Led To Your Coral Gables Collision
To recover damages from a negligent driver, Florida requires proof of negligence. Our legal team’s familiarity with personal injury and insurance law means we understand how to prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care: Every motorist has a duty of care, an obligation to drive with reasonable prudence.
- The at-fault party acted carelessly or recklessly: The at-fault party did not drive with reasonable prudence, either by speeding, driving while intoxicated, or weaving in and out of lanes.
- Causation: The at-fault party caused your motorcycle accident.
- Damages: You have compensable losses arising from the collision, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
You do not have to prove these legal elements. Your Coral Gables personal injury attorney will.
Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Build Your Coral Gables Evidence File
We will build your motorcycle accident case with evidence supporting your version of events. Evidence in your case may comprise:
- Your medical records: Your medical records document the extent of your injuries and the medical treatment you received after the accident. We also provide information about your pre-accident health, which may affect your ability to collect damages.
- Records of your emergency room visit: Emergency rooms keep detailed records of each patient who comes through their doors. These records contain important information about your condition and the medical care you initially required.
- The police report: Law enforcement likely filed an accident report after responding to your collision. These documents contain information regarding your accident’s time, date, and supporting factors.
- Eyewitness statements: Witnesses who saw the accident can give testimony about what they observed. Their accounts may help establish liability in your case.
- Accident scene and injury photos: Photographs taken by the investigating officers may show damage to vehicles, skid marks, debris, and more. They are also a reliable tool for documenting what condition you suffered.
- Job and salary history: Lost wages could comprise a significant portion of your claim’s value. We use your employment records to glean insight into your lost tips, bonuses, and benefits. We can also calculate whether your injuries will affect your long-term earning capacity.
- Surveillance and security videos: Surveillance footage from businesses near the motorcycle crash site may capture images of the accident. If so, it could help prove fault.
- Other supporting documents: Other documents showing additional damages, such as insurance policies, contact forms, reports from accident reconstruction experts, and financial agreements, may shed light on your situation.
We do more than collect evidence. Our law firm also organizes and presents it to the at-fault driver and their insurance company. From there, we negotiate for fair and appropriate financial compensation.
Your Motorcycle Collision Lawyer Seeks Fair Compensation For Your Losses
After a motorcycle accident, you can recover two types of damages: economic and non-economic. Economic damages after a negligence-based accident are easily proven with receipts, bills, and estimates. They can include the following:
- Current and future medical costs: You may need ongoing care for your injuries, including therapy. The cost of this care is not always covered by insurance. Yet, we can seek reimbursement for these expenses through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
- Current and future loss of income: Loss of income refers to lost earnings that you could have made in the future. For instance, if you lose your job because of an accident, you might be entitled to receive unemployment benefits and compensation for income to cover your financial losses.
- Past and future pain and suffering: Pain and suffering is the emotional distress caused by physical injury. We calculate this expense by reviewing the severity of your condition, your estimated recovery period, and other related factors.
- Treatment-related travel expenses: If you must go to a doctor or hospital outside of your hometown, we can include the cost of temporary transportation arrangements in your case’s value.
- Property damage costs: You may have relied on your motorcycle as a primary mode of transportation. If so, we can determine your bike’s value and seek reimbursement for its repair or replacement.
During our investigation, we do more than gather evidence of fault; we also look for information that indicates the cost of your damages. Our law firm handles each of your case’s obligations from start to finish, so you can focus on healing and moving forward.
We Can Also Seek Maximum Compensation For Your Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages are intangible and can be more challenging to assign a monetary value. We will use your written prognosis and other evidence proving your injuries’ extent and severity.
Non-economic recoverable damages include the following:
- Physical impairment and disfigurement: Physical impairment includes any temporary or permanent disability resulting from the accident. Disfigurement means visible signs of injury, such as scars, lumps, or bruises.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: The law allows you to seek damages if the motorcycle collision will affect your quality of life.
- Loss of consortium: If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you could claim damages for the loss of your spouse’s companionship, love, affection, and sexual relations.
- Emotional trauma: Emotional anguish or trauma occurs when you experience intense fear, anxiety, grief, anger, or depression. We consult with mental health experts to learn how much you’re owed.
- Physical pain and suffering: Physical pain and suffering is the emotional and mental distress associated with a physical injury such as a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or spinal cord injury.
- Future medical expenses: You may require medical care long into the future, requiring residency in a care facility, in-home assistance, and medical devices such as wheelchairs.
- Punitive damages: Punitive damages are sometimes awarded in motorcycle accident claims in instances of egregious negligence.
Our law firm will determine the value of your non-economic damages, then compel them from the liable party.
What Should I Do After My Coral Gables Motorcycle Accident?
The most important thing you have is your health. So, we encourage you to keep up with all doctors’ appointments and follow their recommendations. If they recommend that you use a wheelchair, use one. If you should attend physical therapy to build muscle strength, go to those sessions.
Seeking medical care helps you reach maximum medical improvement, giving you the best possible chance at resuming your pre-accident quality of life. Also, the information we get from your healthcare team can prove instrumental in compelling damages from the negligent party.
Other Considerations That Could Bolster Your Injury Case
In addition to seeking medical care after a motorcycle accident, you should also:
- Refer all settlement offers to your lawyer. The insurance company may offer what seems like a fair settlement. Yet, your lawyer can share whether it truly accounts for your past, present, and future needs. Once you accept damages, you can’t request more money later. So, your lawyer makes sure that any settlement you accept puts you on the road to recovery.
- Tell the insurance company to talk to your lawyer. The claims adjuster may hope to catch you in a vulnerable state so they can ask for a recorded statement or present low settlement offers. Your lawyer handles all case-related communications, and that includes phone calls from the insurer. We put your best interest first in all dealings with the liable insurance company.
- Limit what you post on social media. Posting photos and information about your motorcycle accident could fall into the claims adjuster’s hands later. Then, they can use anything you shared to discredit your case and lower the compensation you’re owed.
During your free initial consultation, you can learn more about your post-accident measures and what considerations could compel compensation from the liable party.
Begin Your Free Case Review With Our Coral Gables Lawyers
As your legal representatives, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will pursue maximum compensation for your severe injuries and related expenses. We will be by your side during the entire legal process, no matter the type of accident you suffered.
Find out how hard we fight for your negligence claim with a free initial consultation. Contact us to learn about working with our motorcycle accident lawyers.
We Can Help.