If you were in an accident involving a large truck, you may be facing catastrophic vehicle damages and severe injuries. To get the compensation you deserve, you may have to undertake a complex insurance claim or lawsuit, all while trying to focus on your healing. The good news is that you do not have to do this alone.
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help accident victims just like you get back on their feet. Our Buenaventura Lakes truck accident lawyers can help you seek compensation for your medical bills and more from the negligent truck driver or trucking company that caused your crash.
What Causes Large Truck Accidents?
As with any type of accident, collisions involving 18-wheelers, tractor-trailers, and semis can result from negligent or reckless driving. Truck drivers, like all drivers, must operate their vehicles with a reasonable duty of care to protect themselves and other motorists. Truck drivers must also take extra precautions related to the dangers of driving large, heavily loaded vehicles across long distances.
When truck drivers and their employers fail to uphold industry standards that the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) established or disobey road rules, they should be held legally responsible for the accidents they cause. You may have grounds for a truck accident claim or lawsuit if one of the following caused your collision:
- Driver negligence: Truck drivers must follow the same traffic laws as all motorists and special rules related to commercial vehicle driving. These regulations include limits on drive time, weight restrictions, and compulsory drug and alcohol testing. A trucker driver may be liable for your crash if they were:
- Driving while distracted or tired
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving recklessly or aggressively
- Making an improper turn
- Disobeying traffic lights and signs
- Traveling in the wrong lane
- Passing illegally
- Violating the FMCSA’s Hours of Service Regulations
- Violating the U.S. Department of Transportation’s commercial vehicle size and weight standards
- Poorly loaded cargo: Overloaded or improperly loaded cargo can be dangerous. For example, shifting cargo can lead to a driver losing control of their truck, and improperly secured loads could fall off or out of the vehicle. Sometimes, trucks carry potentially hazardous materials, like chemicals or gasoline. If issues with a truck’s cargo caused your accident, you may have a claim against the owner or loader of the goods.
- Negligent maintenance: The FMCSA also requires motor carriers to inspect, repair, and maintain vehicles in their fleet. They must also inspect and repair all parts, accessories, and emergency windows and doors. If your accident stemmed from an issue involving the truck, the big rig’s owner or the entity in charge of its maintenance may be liable for your damages.
- Lack of driver vetting and training: Trucking companies must do their due diligence when hiring drivers. They must perform drug and alcohol testing both at the time of hire and throughout a driver’s employment. They also must properly train their drivers, ensuring they have the proper licenses and a clean driving record, as well. If a trucking company puts an unqualified driver on the road, it may be responsible for that driver’s actions.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Buenaventura Lakes, 800-747-3733
Our Buenaventura Lakes Attorneys Will Help You Prove Negligence
Truck accidents can have multiple liable parties, so proving your claim can be a complex matter. Our Buenaventura Lakes lawyers are familiar with truck accident cases. We know what it takes to build a strong case. Our legal team can take care of collecting and sifting through evidence to build your case. We can:
- Act quickly to preserve and obtain evidence from your crash site
- Enlist the help of crash reconstruction experts
- Consult with medical experts about your injuries and treatment
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses while the details of your accident are fresh in their minds
- Obtain available photographs and video footage of your accident
- File your claims and communicate with the insurance companies on your behalf
Buenaventura LakesTruck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Help Florida Injury Victims Seek Compensation for Their Losses
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were 500 large truck accidents involving injuries and 29 fatal crashes in Florida in 2020. If you suffered harm because of another party’s negligence, you can seek financial awards for your accident-related damages. Our personal injury attorneys can seek compensation for:
- Emergency department, hospital, and doctor bills
- Emergency transportation services
- Medical procedures
- Hospital stays
- Physical and cognitive therapy
- Medical travel expenses
- Long-term nursing care
- Medical equipment
- Lost wages and loss of future earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Household services (cooking, cleaning, transportation)
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If your loved one sustained a fatal injury, you could seek file a wrongful death action. This includes awards for many of the above damages on behalf of the deceased’s estate. In addition, eligible surviving family members can also pursue awards for their pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s companionship, guidance, and support.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
You Have a Limited Window of Time to Take Action
Florida has a four-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) and a two-year statute of limitations for wrongful death actions, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). If you allow your time limit to expire, it will likely result in the court refusing to hear your case. Additionally, the insurance company may be less willing to negotiate a fair settlement if it knows you are outside your window for taking legal action.
Buenaventura Lakes Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Reach Out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to Learn More About how We Can Serve You
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped Florida personal injury victims since 2006. We are here to help you get the money you need and deserve. If we cannot secure a settlement for you, we will not back down from taking your case to trial.
To learn more about working with our Buenaventura Lakes truck accident lawyers, call us at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. You worry about your injuries; we worry about everything else.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW