Aventura is one of Miami-Dade County’s most extensive commercial areas. Not only is it home to Aventura Mall, but it recently welcomed an Amazon Distribution Center that employs thousands of people. As one can imagine, these sites lead to hundreds of trucks traveling in and out of the area every day.
With so many trucks on the road, the likelihood of a careless or reckless driver colliding with you increases. Our Aventura truck accident lawyers could pursue financial recovery if you suffered harm in a collision. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to hear from you today.
- Three Things You Should Know About the Financial Recovery Process
- We’re Ready to Pursue These Injury-Related Damages
- You Generally Have Four Years to File Your Civil Lawsuit
- Why Partner With a Lawyer From Our Firm?
- What Should I Do After a Truck Accident in Aventura?
- Begin a Free Case Review With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Aventura, call (800) 747-3733
Three Things You Should Know About the Financial Recovery Process
If you’ve never filed a claim or lawsuit before, you likely have a lot of questions on your mind. Our truck accident team stands prepared to make this process as easy for you as possible. Before we get started, we want you to know three things.
Insurance Companies Don’t Always Play Fair
Insurance companies generally don’t want to pay out claims. Claims cut into their profit margins and hurt their bottom lines. After receiving your claim, an insurance adjuster may employ these bad-faith practices:
- Denying your claim for no reason
- Undervaluing your losses
- Blaming you for the collision
- Refusing to answer your emails and phone calls
- Pressuring you into accepting less money than you deserve
Your truck accident team in Miami-Dade County will protect you against these unfair tactics. We will also handle everything your insurance claim requires, from initial filing to settlement negotiations.
There Is No Limit to What You Can Request
After a collision, Florida doesn’t cap how much you can seek for your losses. So, there is no limit to how much you can recover. We will calculate your case’s overall value based on your:
- Estimated recovery period
- Injuries and their severity
- Mental health
- Property damage expenses
- Ability to work, live independently, and care for minor children
- Diminished earning capacity
Trucking Companies Are Multi-Million-Dollar Businesses
Even though a trucker may have caused your accident, liability likely lies with their employer because Florida acknowledges a legal principle known as vicarious liability.
However, trucking companies, like insurance companies, want to save money. Therefore, they will do everything possible to avoid paying for your losses––including sending aggressive lawyers to intimidate you.
Your Aventura truck accident lawyer will stand between you and the opposing parties. You don’t have to worry about talking to the other party’s lawyers or responding to any messages from their insurance company. We’ll take care of everything.
Aventura Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We’re Ready to Pursue These Injury-Related Damages
Through an insurance claim or lawsuit, we can secure payment for these losses:
- Healthcare expenses
- Lost income and other employee-related benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Transportation services
- Childcare costs
- Mental anguish
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of consortium
Your case’s value depends on multiple factors related to the crash. Therefore, we will account for every way the collision has affected your life in our calculations.
You Generally Have Four Years to File Your Civil Lawsuit
The statute of limitations is one of the most important laws surrounding your case. It sets the deadline for filing your lawsuit. You generally have four years to file your truck accident lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
It’s essential to consider prompt legal action because:
- The courts will dismiss your case if you file after the four-year deadline
- If your case is dismissed, you can’t pursue damages from the at-fault party
- The insurance company could deny or delay your claim
Florida Statutes § 95.051 lists some exceptions that could give you more time to file your lawsuit. Our lawyers will review your case and explain whether any of these extensions apply.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Why Partner With a Lawyer From Our Firm?
For nearly 20 years, we’ve helped injured claimants recover compensation for their losses. During that time, we’ve:
- Gone head-to-head with multi-million-dollar corporations
- Opened offices in six locations, including Tampa, West Palm Beach, and Fort Lauderdale
- Awarded scholarships to community advocates
- Supported charities, including the Broward Sheriff’s Foundation and Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)
We Work on a Contingency-Fee Basis
It costs you nothing out-of-pocket to partner with our firm. Our lawyers advocate for truck accident claimants on contingency, meaning you pay nothing upfront. We tell our clients: “We don’t get paid unless you do.” If you recover a settlement or judgment in court, we receive a percentage as attorney’s fees.
We’re Available 24 Hours a Day, Seven Days a Week
We’re ready to answer your questions whenever you call. You can start your free case review any time, day or night.
What Should I Do After a Truck Accident in Aventura?
After a truck accident, you should seek medical care. Keep all documentation your doctor gives you, including your imaging scan results and follow-up appointment dates.
You should also:
- Adhere to your treatment plan. Attend all physical therapy sessions and take medications as prescribed. If you want to stop treatment for any reason, have your doctor give a written statement.
- Limit what you share online. Social media is not private. Anything you share, the insurance company and opposing counsel can see. Either can argue that you deserve less compensation than you’re requesting because you were well enough to post to social media.
- Keep track of your losses. Your injury-related invoices, receipts, and billing statements help us assign an accurate value to your case. We want to recover the total cost of what you’re owed.
- Request a copy of the police report. If law enforcement came to the accident scene, they likely filed an accident report. This document will include your collision’s time and date, who was involved, and other validating information. By requesting a copy from Miami-Dade County, you can check for any inaccuracies.
Begin a Free Case Review With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
Our truck accident team in Aventura is ready to start advocating for your rights today. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is committed to recovering compensation for each of your injury-related expenses. To discuss your case with our team, call 1-800-747-3733 now.