No one plans to have a car collision. Nevertheless, most people end up having at least one car accident during their lifetime. When that happens to you, you will need to know who you can trust to advocate vigorously on your behalf.
An Aventura car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you go after the compensation you deserve and get back on your feet. In Aventura, Florida, there is only one law firm you need to call who can take care of your legal matters and even make your appointments and help get your car fixed.
Working with an Aventura Car Accident Lawyer or Handling Your Case as a DIY Project
Some people consider handling their car accident injury claim on their own as a DIY project rather than working with a professional. Although Florida law does not force you to have a lawyer handle your injury case, our clients know that they can devote their time and attention to getting better because we have their legal matters covered.
A wise person once said that one should never make an important decision when sick, angry, or tired. If you settle with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your own while recuperating from injuries, you might not make the best decision for yourself.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Aventura, 800-747-3733
The Amount of Compensation You Can Expect to Settle Your Car Accident Injury Claim
Every car accident injury claim is different because every situation is unique. The amount of money damages you can pursue for your injuries and losses will depend on the specific facts of your case. We will need to talk to you and investigate your accident before we can determine an initial settlement range.
Here are some examples of the kinds of economic and non-economic money damages we have won for our clients:
- Medical expenses. Often, a person can recover the medical bills from the treatment they need for their injuries. Some types of medical expenses from car accidents can include the ambulance, emergency room, surgery, doctors, hospital, lab tests, imaging studies, physical therapy, and pain management.
- Lost wages. If you missed paychecks because of the accident and your recuperation time, you have experienced a financial loss. This category could include wages, salary, self-employment, and other forms of regular income.
- Intangible losses. These items, also called non-economic damages, can prove difficult to measure in dollars. Nonetheless, things like pain and suffering, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), disfigurement from extensive scars, and loss of the enjoyment of life can result from being in a significant collision.
- Wrongful death. If your close relative had an untimely demise because of a car accident, we might be able to seek additional compensation. State law determines who can reap the financial benefits of a wrongful death lawsuit.
Depending on your circumstances, there might be other types of money damages that we could pursue on your behalf.
AventuraCar Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
You do Not Have to Be Rich to Get Help from an Aventura Car Accident Lawyer
Many people think they have to be wealthy to afford to get help from a lawyer. If you got hurt in a car accident that was not your fault, we could handle your personal injury claim on a contingency fee basis.
With this type of fee arrangement, you do not pay any upfront legal fees. We work hard on your case until the end of the matter. We then get paid a percentage of the settlement proceeds or jury award.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
What You Need to Know About the Deadline to File a Lawsuit on Your Case
Every state limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit against someone else.
Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) sets the filing deadline at four years for a personal injury claim. If your close relative died because of a car accident, Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) gives you only two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek compensation for the legal beneficiaries.
It is not enough to negotiate with the at-fault driver’s liability insurer. If the deadline passes without filing a lawsuit, the law will forever bar you from seeking compensation from the negligent party who harmed you and your family.
Aventura Car AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Three Mistakes to Avoid While Your Aventura Car Collision Injury Case Is Pending
Many different things could happen after your car accident that might decrease the financial value of your injury claim. For example:
- Settling your case before completing your medical treatment. Until your doctor releases you from treatment, you have no way to know if you will need additional medical treatment, like surgery or more physical therapy. Once you settle your case, the defendant and insurance company will not pay you one more cent. You do not want to have to pay for surgery out of your own pocket.
- Accepting a lowball offer for your injury claim. Unless you work in the liability insurance area or the legal field, you are unlikely to be able to accurately gauge the financial value of your claim. If you do not work with an Aventura car accident lawyer from our firm, you might not realize how much more money you should have received in the settlement until it is too late.
- Staying off of social media while your claim is pending. Social media can help you stay connected to your friends and family and provide much-needed comfort when you are recuperating from a collision, but nonetheless, you need to stay completely off of social media. The insurance company will be able to access your accounts and take your postings and photographs out of context to hurt your case.
These examples are a mere smattering of the many things you will want to avoid during your injury claim to protect your right to fair compensation. Your Aventura car accident lawyer can explain the pitfalls you will want to sidestep in your situation.
How to Get Started on Your Injury Claim
We are happy to offer a free initial consultation at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. There is no obligation. You can call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to get started.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW