Victims of motorcycle accidents often face unique challenges that those in cars or trucks don’t experience. Riders have a higher risk of injury due to having less protective equipment surrounding them. Thus, a motorcycle accident could change your life forever because of the likelihood of severe injuries.
The most efficient way to overcome the unique challenges of motorcycle accident cases in Tampa and Clearwater is to have a Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer help with your case. They can navigate through any obstacles that arise to help your case stay on track, allowing you to continue seeking the compensation you need.
How An Attorney Can Help You Face The Unique Challenges Of A Motorcycle Accident Case
When you face unique challenges after sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident, you can seek compensation through an accident claim. Unfortunately, this process often has complications that require understanding the law to navigate.
That’s where having an experienced Tampa motorcycle accident lawyer can help, meaning you won’t face the unique challenges of managing a claim in Tampa and Clearwater alone. Instead, they can take the following steps on your behalf:
- Speaking to the at-fault party’s insurance provider: Your insurer will periodically call you after the accident. Insurance providers could have questions about the accident and your injuries and even make settlement offers. So, having your attorney handle these communications ensures you don’t say anything that could hurt your chances of recovering maximum compensation.
- Building a case to prove you deserve compensation: You must have a compelling case proving you deserve more than your insurance company’s initial compensation offer. Thus, your lawyer could build a case based on evidence and witness testimony that shows you sustained significant damages.
- Negotiating to reach a fair settlement agreement: Once your attorney builds your case, they will present it to the insurance company. At that point, they will begin negotiating for a fair settlement that completely covers your present and future bills. Thus, having an attorney with solid negotiation skills can help tremendously during this step.
If your attorney believes the insurance company acted in bad faith, they can file a lawsuit against it on your behalf. Your lawyer will also inform you of your state’s statute of limitations to ensure you don’t miss the deadline to seek compensation.
How Do I Pay For My Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Many motorcycle accident attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront and don’t pay for a lawyer unless you successfully recover compensation. Instead, they receive a percentage of your settlement, so you never pay anything out-of-pocket.
Common Injuries People Sustain in Motorcycle Accidents In Tampa And Clearwater
Another unique challenge you could face after a motorcycle accident is the severity of your injuries. Catastrophic injuries could require extensive medical care, leaving you with substantial medical bills and considerable time missed from work.
Common injuries in motorcycle accidents include the following:
- Road rash: Motorcyclists have a much higher chance of sustaining a road rash injury than people in motor vehicles. These deep skin abrasions can cause severe pain and require multiple treatments to heal correctly.
- Bone fractures: Body parts that hit the pavement with significant force can cause bones to break. These injuries can take months to heal. In severe cases, you could experience pain or a limited range of motion in the affected area for the rest of your life.
- Burns: Motorcycles have many hot parts. During the accident, your skin could come into contact with the engine or exposed chain, severely burning your skin. Second- and third-degree burns could require extensive treatment and skin grafts. In addition, you must be aware of the potential risk of infection. Thus, a severe burn could lead to a lengthy hospitalization.
- Head injuries: Motorcyclists have a considerable risk of sustaining head injuries if their head impacts the ground or other objects during the collision. Often, a helmet cannot absorb all the forces when a rider hits the ground or object, which could lead to a concussion or more severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). Also, head injuries could cause cognitive issues that have life-long effects.
- Spinal cord injuries: A spinal cord injury could happen when a rider injures their neck or back in a collision. These injuries could cause partial or complete paralysis, leading to permanent disability.
Any of these injuries could change the course of your life forever. In addition, you could lose your ability to work and face high medical bills. However, through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit, you could seek compensation for the losses you incurred because of your crash injuries. An attorney can review your damages to determine how much compensation to seek.
Recoverable Damages In A Sun Coast Motorcycle Crash
Examples of recoverable damages in a motorcycle accident claim include your medical bills and lost income if you cannot work. In addition to those monetary losses, you could also seek compensation for the emotional distress and physical pain you experienced. A Tampa personal injury lawyer can assist you with identifying and calculating your damages so that you can seek maximum compensation for your losses.
Contact A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer In Tampa And Clearwater To Help With Your Case’s Unique Challenges
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) states that over 1,000 motorcycle accidents occurred in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties in 2022, injuring almost 900 people and killing 80. So, did you sustain injuries in a motorcycle accident in Tampa or Clearwater? If so, an attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go above and beyond to help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Our team responds quickly to inquiries and will thoroughly assess your situation to determine your best options. In addition, when you choose our firm, you will receive your lawyer’s phone number to reach them when needed conveniently. You worry about recovering from your injuries; we will take care of everything else.
We Can Help.