Cluttered walking space may seem more like an eyesore than a hazard, but serious injuries can result from a slip and fall. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), falls account for more than 800,000 hospital visits a year in the U.S. In the worst of instances, they can result in broken bones, hip fractures, and even fatalities.
When this happens to you or a loved one, you do not have to face the consequences without taking legal action. You have the right to make an insurance claim or file a lawsuit against the negligent party to seek compensation for your losses.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we advocate for victims of personal injuries, and we strive to represent their best interests. Give us a call at 1-800-747-3733 to see how a Winter Park cluttered walking spaces slip and fall lawyer can help you.
For a free legal consultation with a cluttered walking spaces lawyer serving Winter Park, call (800) 747-3733
Slip and Fall Victims
When a walk space remains cluttered, anyone can experience a slip and fall. Some examples of potential victims in such a situation include the following.
- The elderly: Older adults are particularly vulnerable to severe injuries after falls, and they may struggle with mobility and coordination. If a resident of a nursing home attempts to walk down a cluttered hallway and falls, their injuries could lead to a permanent disability or further medical complications due to their age.
- Patrons: If a customer enters a store and trips over clutter in the aisle, they could suffer a traumatic brain injury that permanently alters their way of life. They may not be able to return to work or work in the same capacity as they did before the fall.
- People who suffered previous injuries: People who have medical conditions stemming from previous injuries are also particularly vulnerable to slipping and falling. If someone has suffered from a traumatic brain injury, a broken hip, or a spinal cord injury, they can easily slip on an object and fall. In turn, an episode like this can aggravate a previous medical condition.
In each of these instances, the property owners have failed to maintain their premises in a way that ensures the safety of their guests and residents. They have a responsibility to make their premises reasonably safe, but not every property owner is vigilant and proactive enough to do so.
Cluttered walking spaces are entirely preventable, too. Simple maintenance and safety protocols can keep walkways clear of hazards and protect guests. There is no excuse for a property owner who does not implement safeguards.
Winter Park Cluttered Walking Spaces Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit
If negotiations with the property owner’s insurance company do not yield fair compensation, there is another way you can pursue damages. You have the option and the right to file a personal injury lawsuit related to premises liability. You do not have an indefinite amount of time to do this, though.
Each state sets a statute of limitations—a deadline—by which victims of personal injuries must file their suits. In Florida, you generally have four years, according to Florida Statutes §95.11. This does not leave you much time to gather evidence, negotiate with insurers, and compile your documents for your case if you choose to bring it to trial.
Furthermore, the longer you wait to file, the longer you will face your losses alone, bearing the medical bills and lost wages. Your injury may have left you with a temporary or permanent disorder that requires extensive treatment and therapy. Do not allow yourself to become stuck in a situation in which you deal with all of your losses alone. Take legal action as soon as possible.
The countdown to the statute of limitations begins on the date of your accident. Four years may seem long, but with all you have to do to prepare your case, you will want to give you and your lawyer as much time as possible. If you want to work with a Winter Park cluttered walking spaces slip and fall lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, begin by calling us at 1-800-747-3733.
Services a Lawyer Can Offer
When working with a lawyer, they can handle the legal aspects of your claim or suit while you focus on healing from your injury. They can assist you with:
- Collecting evidence
- Proving the liability of the property owner
- Establishing your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering
- Communicating with insurers and the other party’s lawyers
- Filing the necessary paperwork for a lawsuit within the statute of limitations
- Representing you in trial
Instead of handing all of these tasks on your own, your lawyer can take the lead. They can tell you what fair compensation would look like in your case and fight on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
Remember, you do not have forever to use your right to take legal action. A Winter Park cluttered walking spaces slip and fall lawyer can help you file a lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to find out how a lawyer can help you with your case. We go the extra mile for our clients so that they can worry about getting better. Leave the legal hassle to us and focus on your recovery.