Motorcycle accidents can cause severe and catastrophic injuries that leave you facing expensive medical bills and other financial hardships. If you or your loved one sustained injuries in a motorcycle collision caused by driver negligence, the liable party should pay for your damages – not you or your family.
A Riviera Beach personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can recover compensation with an auto insurance claim or motorcycle accident lawsuit. We will work to take your legal burden off your shoulders so you can focus on healing from your injury and getting back on your feet. Contact us to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Recovering Your Motorcycle Accident Damages In Florida
Florida’s no-fault insurance laws mandate that most motorists carry personal injury protection (PIP), which provides medical, disability, and death benefits to the covered party, regardless of fault for the accident. However, motorcycle drivers are exempt from the law because motorcycles are not four-wheeled vehicles.
This exemption means injured motorcyclists have the unrestricted right to pursue damages from a liable party. Every compensation claim will vary based on your injuries, medical expenses, and other unique factors. In general, our Riviera Beach motorcycle accident attorneys can help you pursue the following:
- Current and ongoing medical expenses, including ambulance transportation, emergency services, hospitalizations, surgeries, mobility aids, physical therapy, and extended nursing care
- Lost wages and benefits, including lost future earnings and lost earning capacity if you suffered a disabling injury that affects your long-term work capabilities
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs and the value of other damaged personal property, such as navigation or safety equipment
- Pain and suffering, including severe and chronic pain, loss of mobility, scarring, disfigurement, depression, stress, anxiety, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life
- Wrongful death, including your loved one’s medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, lost income and future financial support, lost services, companionship, and guidance, and survivors’ mental and emotional pain and suffering
How Long Do You Have To File A Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have two years from the motorcycle accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not take action within the statute of limitations, the court likely will not take your case – even if you have solid evidence proving negligence.
To get your case resolved through an insurance claim, paying attention to the deadline is still important. It will significantly reduce your bargaining power if your lawsuit window closes and you still need to secure a settlement. We can help you get started before it is too late.
Assessing Your Motorcycle Accident Cause And Liability
With its scenic coastline and stunning ocean views, Riviera Beach, FL, is an excellent place to ride a motorcycle. But bikers and motor vehicle drivers must share the road safely to protect themselves and others from injury. Your motorcycle accident lawyer can investigate your motorcycle accident scene, gather evidence, and more to assess whether your accident was due to factors such as (though not limited to):
- Drinking and driving
- Distracted driving (i.e., texting and driving, grooming, or eating)
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Making an improper turn
- Following a motorcycle too closely (tailgating)
- Crowding a motorcyclist’s lane or passing too closely
- Hazardous road conditions (i.e., lack of lighting, severe potholes, or debris in the roadway)
- Vehicle problems, such as faulty brakes or a blown tire
Assessing the cause of the accident will help us establish liability and, from there, your level of compensation. Liability for your accident will depend on the underlying cause of the crash. Usually, the at-fault party is a negligent driver, but others, such as a property owner, manufacturer, or mechanic, could bear financial responsibility.
We Assist Motorcycle Accident Victims With Severe Injury Claims
If you or your loved one suffered an injury on Broadway, West Blue Heron Boulevard, or any other roadway in Riviera Beach, FL, we can help. Our firm has experience assisting clients with severe and catastrophic injuries, including the following:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries
- Head and facial injuries
- Loss of a limb or body part
- Broken bones
- Severe cuts, scrapes, and bruising (road rash)
- Internal bleeding and injuries
Our Riviera Beach Attorneys Will Build Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Securing compensation from a liable party means proving their actions caused your injuries and damages. Our Riviera Beach motorcycle accident lawyers can build a solid personal injury case based on the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. The duty of care is the obligation all motorists have to follow traffic laws, drive safely, and avoid behaviors that could cause a collision.
- Breach of duty. Our accident attorneys can obtain your police report, speak with witnesses, work with experts, and collect physical evidence showing that an at-fault driver committed an error that breached the duty of care.
- Causation. We will link the at-fault driver’s breach to your accident. For example, we may use dashcam footage to prove that a driver made an illegal left turn, causing their car to strike your motorcycle.
- Damages. We can use pay stubs, bills, estimates, medical records, and more to demonstrate that your accident caused economic and non-economic damages.
By addressing each of these elements, our Riviera Beach motorcycle accident lawyers can develop a solid personal injury case on your behalf, improving your chances of maximum compensation.
The Anidjar & Levine Difference
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we represent people – not case numbers. We focus on your legal issue and help you get your life back together. We give you your lawyer’s cell phone number so you always know how to communicate and reach out with questions. Our compassionate team can also assist with practical matters, like scheduling appointments, getting your motorcycle fixed, or finding alternative transportation.
Contact us for a free consultation and learn how we can take your case for nothing upfront or out of pocket.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine For Motorcycle Accident Assistance
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will go the extra mile to provide you with responsive legal services and effective solutions. Our Riviera Beach motorcycle accident attorneys can take your case on contingency, meaning we only collect a fee when we win compensation. Contact us today to schedule a risk-free, no-cost consultation and connect with a lawyer near you.
We Can Help.