If you have been injured in a truck accident in or around Port Orange, we can help you pursue fair compensation. You may be facing huge medical bills, lost wages, and other physical, emotional, and financial stresses. Our Port Orange truck accident lawyers understand what you are dealing with and are ready to do everything we can to help you.
Call the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Potential Damages You Can Recover Following Your Port Orange Truck Accident
After a truck accident in Port Orange, you could recover economic and non-economic damages.
What Are Economic Compensatory Damages?
Economic damages cover specific monetary losses that you suffered as a result of the truck accident. They include:
- Medical costs and expenses: You can pursue compensation for travel to and from the hospital, the cost of home care, medical devices or supplies, and any modifications you must make to your home or vehicle because of your accident.
- Loss of income: Injuries sustained during a trucking accident can be life-changing. If you are unable to continue working after the accident, you may be eligible to collect compensation for your loss of income.
- Reduced earning capacity: If you’re unable to resume your job or obtain a similar position in the future, you can seek compensation for the difference between your previous and current earning capacity.
- Property damage: Beyond damage to your vehicle, you can seek compensation for damage to other items in your car, such as electronics and clothing.
- Disability and disfigurement: If a truck accident leaves you with permanent disfigurement, you are entitled to compensation.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
Non-economic damages compensate you for the effect that the accident had on your life. Are you unable to participate in the activities you used to enjoy? Are you dealing with lingering injuries and nagging pain? An injury lawyer can identify and assess the full extent of your injuries and help you recover the following non-economic damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Port Orange, 800-747-3733
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help You Build a Compelling Case
After a truck accident, you may be tempted to accept a settlement offer by the insurance company. However, remember that insurance companies only care about their bottom line and will not keep your interests in mind. Before you decide to settle after a truck accident, schedule a free case evaluation with our team to protect your rights and ensure that you have considered all your losses.
Whether it’s negotiating with the insurance company or presenting a case in court, our team can handle the following as you focus on healing:
- Gather relevant evidence for your case, including police reports, photos of the accident scenes, witness statements, expert testimony, and more
- Collect all medical reports, bills, and expenses related to your injuries to prove loss and help in calculating your recoverable damages
- Identify all responsible parties
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Present the case in court if we don’t agree on a fair settlement with the insurance companies
We will analyze your case, explain your legal options, and guide you to make informed decisions before we proceed.
Port OrangeTruck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Determining Liability for Your Port Orange Truck Accident Case
It is usually challenging to determine liability in truck accidents since there are multiple parties involved. While drivers are often held responsible for truck accidents, other parties may be liable:
- The trucking company can be responsible for the accident if, for instance, it failed to maintain the truck, forced the drivers to work under unfavorable conditions, or engaged in other kinds of carelessness.
- The truck manufacturer could be liable if defective parts caused the accident.
- Cargo companies could be responsible if improperly loaded cargo caused the accident.
- State and government entities could be liable if the truck accident was a result of poorly maintained roads.
Some of the reasons why a truck driver may be responsible include:
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Violating traffic rules
- Distracted driving
If you’re unable to determine who’s responsible for your truck accident, a lawyer can help you. A Port Orange truck accident lawyer can investigate and gather evidence to help determine the at-fault parties.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Proving Negligence in Your Truck Accident Case
To win your case, you must prove another party caused your accident. A truck accident lawyer can handle the case on your behalf as you focus on your needs. We can help you prove the following elements:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty of care
Port Orange Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Time Limits to File Your Truck Accident Case in Port Orange
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years from the time of your truck accident to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation. If, however, you lost a family member as a result of the truck accident, you have only two years from the date of the death to file a wrongful death claim.
Reasons Not to Wait to Take Action
After a truck accident in Port Orange, it’s important to contact a law firm immediately to start building your case. Here are some of the reasons why you shouldn’t wait to act:
- If you fail to hire a lawyer and file your lawsuit within the stipulated time, it will probably be dismissed.
- Waiting for too long makes it hard for your lawyer to investigate the accident, as evidence may be lost or destroyed.
- Waiting to take legal action also opens you to disputes about the severity of your injuries. The defendant’s insurance company may claim your injuries aren’t serious and try to pay you less than you deserve.
Get Help Today for Your Truck Accident Case in Port Orange
If you suffered injuries in a Port Orange truck accident, our legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can fight for your rights and help you understand your legal options for compensation. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free initial consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW