Your boat is an investment in your dreams. Our Port Charlotte lawyers understand the importance of receiving full compensation from your insurance company after a hurricane to ensure the rapid recovery of your property.
Boats can sustain horrific damage in a hurricane. Storm surges lift boats, crashing them onto docks and pilings or hurling them into other boats. The subsequent hull damage may cause them to sink. Hurricane winds whip up debris, which can easily disable a boat, and the high winds may even pull a boat from its mooring. Our Port Charlotte property claim attorneys help you work through the details of your insurance policy to reach a fair settlement.
Typical Compensation For Boat Damage In Florida
The damages you may claim are dependent on your specific boat insurance policy. Our Port Charlotte personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will help you determine the coverage in your policy or policies, as sometimes more than one policy is needed for full coverage. In Florida, policies might cover the repair or replacement of your boat or other boats, or for the medical care of other people, due to the following:
- Damage to other boats or bodily injury or death of individuals, if your boat is deemed liable
- Structural damage to your boat
- Physical damage to your boat’s sails or engines
- Sinking of your boat
- Damage to items necessary to the safe operation of your boat, such as GPS, life vests, the dinghy, or auxiliary outboard motor
- Personal items, such as bedding or clothing
- Vandalism of your boat
- Damage to your boat trailer
- Destruction of your boat
Expenses That Might Not Be Covered Under Your Boat Owner’s Policy
- Towing or salvaging your damaged or destroyed boat
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage caused by vermin
- Damage caused by insects
- Damage caused by marine life
The damage that hurricanes can inflict on boats is at times massive. Hurricane Ian upended boats, sent them into treetops, and plopped them next to stop signs. Some of the thousands of damaged and destroyed boats rest on rooftops while others drift on the ocean’s floor. Our attorneys share the community heartache caused by the storm. We want to help you recover your dream.
How Our Property Claim Lawyers Can Help You
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our lawyers help you to fight for every penny you are owed. We do this in multiple ways, such as:
- In-depth review of your boat insurance policies’ terms and provisions
- Help you assemble an inventory of damaged property, from a sunken boat to a damaged life vest, attaching a value to each item
- Evaluate your entire claim
- Assist with filing your claim
- Negotiate and communicate with insurance companies that deny your claim or try to pay less than the full amount for your claim
- Consistently update you on your case
- Promptly reply to your phone calls and emails
- Work with you to file an appeal or lawsuit
- Represent you in court or at trial
Property Claim Client Testimonial
We have been satisfying customers for years and they have a lot to say about the services we’ve provided to the community:
“Anidjar and Levine, along with their amazing colleague Howard Myones are the best! My wife and I lost our home to a catastrophic fire just before Christmas last year and we were helpless. The insurance carrier refused to take our claim seriously until this outstanding law firm got involved. Mr. Myones worked our case tirelessly for nearly 8 months and we finally received a settlement that will help my wife and I get back in our home. We have a long way until we rebuild, but it would have never been possible without the firm of Anidjar and Levine and the incredible and dedicated work of Howard Myones. I strongly urge anyone seeking legal services to give this firm a call. You will not regret it.” – Jeffrey G
Statute Of Limitations For Boat Damage
In Florida, the statute of limitations for boat damage may change, depending on several variants. When you come in for your initial consultation, our attorneys will help you identify how much time you have to file a claim. The safer choice is to start the claims process as soon as is practical after the event.
What Our Port Charlotte Attorneys Cost You
We offer free consultations. Our lawyers answer your questions and describe the process of working together at no cost and with no obligation to you.
Following the free consultation, we work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover a full and fair compensation settlement or judgment for you.
Our Lawyers’ Community Involvement
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are passionate about finding fun and meaningful ways to support our community. Some of our efforts include:
- Sponsoring the 99.9 Kiss Country Chili Cookoff
- Supporting the Fort Lauderdale Walk Like MADD/MADD Dash 5K
- Supporting The Annual Lou Gehrig’s Disease 10K and 5K Run/Walk for the ALS Foundation
- Supporting the Dolphins Cycling Challenge to increase cancer awareness
- Sponsoring the Men’s Night Out with Pat Riley to save and improve Jewish lives
- Corporate sponsorship of the Miami Heat and Miami Dolphins
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
In the aftermath of a hurricane, the first thing you normally do is make sure your family and friends are safe. Then you look at your property. The unfortunate truth is that, when your boat or other property has suffered damage, it’s important to begin the insurance claim process as soon as possible. We understand that finding the focus to do that after a disaster is hard.
Our attorneys are here to help you with your insurance claim, whether you’re at the beginning of the process, pursuing more funds for an underpaid claim, or fighting a denial of a claim. We are prepared to fight by your side in your pursuit of full and fair compensation. Come in today. Let’s get started.
We Can Help.