When cars collide, it is often because the driver who caused the accident failed to operate their vehicle with proper care and caution. If you were injured or a loved one was killed in an accident where another driver acted in a negligent way, you could be eligible to collect financial damages, and we can help.
Motorist Negligence Takes Many Forms
Despite knowing the dangers that a speeding vehicle poses to oneself and others, drivers regularly act in ways that put other drivers, passengers, and pedestrians at great risk. Some of the common forms of reckless behavior by motorists include:
- Following too closely to the car in front
- Changing lanes abruptly and without signaling
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while on drugs
- Texting, making phone calls, eating, drinking, or fiddling with the radio while driving
These are the most common, but not exclusive, forms of dangerous driving that may entitle you to damages if they were engaged in by the liable motorist in your accident. If you believe that your injuries or loved one’s death may have been caused by negligence, a lawyer can help you begin your case. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case.
What Our Team Will Do for You
We provide responsive legal care that goes the extra mile for our clients. In order to help you collect the damages you may be entitled to, we will:
- Discuss your case at length, documenting your recollection of what happened.
- Speak with medical professionals and obtain documentation of your injuries for use at trial.
- Collect and organize all evidence of the accident, its cause, and aftermath, including photographs, videos, and police reports.
- Interview eyewitnesses, including those who can attest to the liable motorist’s dangerous actions being the cause of the accident.
- Handle the legal aspects of your case from start to finish.
- Ensure that your rights are protected.
If we are able to show that the defendant violated their duty of care to you, you could collect damages covering your accident-related losses.
Damages You May Be Entitled to in a Car Accident Negligence Case
Each case is different, but damages you may be awarded could cover:
- Emergency transportation from the scene.
- Medical care provided in the wake of the accident.
- Your hospital stay after the accident.
- Long-term rehabilitation required because of your injuries.
- Lost wages due to your inability to work after the accident.
- Diminished earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering.
The circumstances of your case may entitle you to additional damages, particularly if you are bringing a wrongful death claim against the liable motorist. Even if you are found partially at fault for the accident, under the Florida Statute – Comparative Fault, it means that you could still be eligible to collect damages.
Do Not Wait to Contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Neptune Beach, FL
Florida imposes a statute of limitations on most personal injury claims. There are exceptions to these statutes, and you should contact a lawyer as soon as possible as you may only have a limited time to act.
If you would like to seek damages in the wake of a car accident, we can help. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case.
We Can Help.