After a motorcycle accident in Lighthouse Point, it is important that you do what you can to protect your health and your legal rights. Your first priority should be to get medical attention, followed by a consultation with a lawyer from our firm.
A Lighthouse Point personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you get back on your feet by pursuing damages for your accident-related losses. You can depend on us to manage your entire case so that you do not have to go it alone.
Our Attorney Can Pursue Damages In Lighthouse Point
Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a) states that those who have been injured by another party’s negligence have the right to take legal action within two years of the accident date. If they wait too long, they give up their right to compensation.
Why take legal action after a motorcycle crash? From a practical point of view, such an action can help you get back on your feet financially. You could ask the liable party to pay for many of the things you lost because of the collision, including:
- Pain and suffering: Both physical and emotional distress can qualify you for damages.
- Reduced quality of life: If you lose the ability to cook, dress yourself, take your dog for a walk, or engage in hobbies like gardening, you would have to make some major adjustments to your lifestyle.
- Loss of consortium: Accident injuries can affect your ability to maintain good relations with your close relatives. For example, if the accident causes a mental illness, you might have a hard time connecting emotionally with your spouse and children.
- Loss of wages or benefits: A serious injury can keep you home from work for a long time. During this period, your family would not have access to the money and job benefits (e.g., health insurance) they rely on to live comfortably.
- Property damage: This usually refers to the cost of repairing or replacing a damaged motorcycle. That said, if you lost some other valuable piece of property (e.g., a cell phone), we could include that loss in your lawsuit.
- Medical bills: We can make sure to include the money you have already spent on treatment, as well as any money your doctor says you will likely have to spend on long-term care in the months and years ahead.
Determining The Value Of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
How much should you ask for after a motorcycle crash? That depends on how much you lost. For example, someone who loses $5,000 in income can receive more for loss of wages than someone who only lost $2,000.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, it is part of our job to carefully investigate and assess each client’s situation. We can make sure you ask for a fair amount that will cover all of your losses by:
- Examining your medical records to determine the nature of your injuries and the costs of medical care
- Using legal formulas to “convert” physical and psychological suffering into dollar amounts
- Speaking with you, your relatives, your friends, and the people you work with about the impact the accident has had on all aspects of your life
- Asking subject matter experts, including doctors and economists, to submit statements about how the accident has affected (and will continue to affect) you
We know you need compensation as soon as possible, but it is just as important to ensure that that compensation accurately represents your losses. We do not let insurance companies underpay our clients.
How Hiring Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Motorcycle accident cases are quite different from other types of motor vehicle accident cases. For example:
- Regular PIP insurance does not cover motorcycles in Florida
- Motorcycle crashes can cause more serious injuries and damages than other types of accidents
- You might be so distracted by your severe injuries that it is not possible or advisable for you to spend so much time focusing on a legal action
To protect you against misunderstanding your rights, overlooking an important law, or making an innocent mistake that jeopardizes your settlement, you can hire our Lighthouse Point motorcycle accident lawyer.
Retaining a motorcycle accident attorney like ours can make your life easier because we handle all necessary legal tasks—and even some non-legal tasks—for our clients. Among other things, we can:
- Collect evidence to build a strong case before contacting the insurance company
- Initiate contact with the liable party and their insurer, and maintain communication with them throughout the case
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement or seek a jury award at a courtroom trial, depending on the needs of your case
- Prepare and submit all paperwork on your behalf, including demand letters, legal briefs, trial exhibits, and settlement agreements
- Help you make appointments to see a doctor or get your motorcycle repaired
- Keep you informed about your case’s progress via frequent updates
- Charge a contingency fee so you do not have to worry about paying attorney’s fees until your case is finished and there is money in your pocket
When you have been in a motorcycle accident, the last thing you want to be doing is wading through a lot of complex legal matters or dealing with reluctant insurance companies. Let us represent you in this important case.
Fatal Motorcycle Accidents And Your Legal Rights
The Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) reports that 46 people died in motorcycle crashes in Broward County in 2021, while 574 people were injured.
As rare as they are, motorcycle accident fatalities still occur, and they are devastating for the impacted families. You have the right to file a wrongful death case against whoever caused your loved one’s fatal crash. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can be right there to help you get justice and fair compensation for your family.
Call Us To Work With Our Lighthouse Point Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
When you call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can expect courteous service and a free case evaluation from a member of our team. Our Lighthouse Point motorcycle accident lawyer would be happy to get to work on your case without charging any attorney’s fees up front.
We Can Help.