Concrete trucks are large, very heavy vehicles, especially when they are fully loaded. An accident involving such a vehicle could cause severe, life-altering injuries that require expensive medical treatments and prevent you from earning a living.
After an accident in Lehigh Acres, a concrete truck lawyer from our firm can help you secure financial compensation for medical care, non-economic damages like disability, and much more. This money can help support you and your family until you recover, or over the long term, if you can no longer work enough to earn a living wage.
For a free legal consultation with a concrete truck accidents lawyer serving Lehigh Acres, call (800) 747-3733
Damages Available for Concrete Truck Accident Victims
After a concrete truck accident, the consequences you suffer can be physical, financial, mental, social, and psychological. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can review your case and determine which categories your injuries fall into.
Compensation for Economic Losses
Economic damages can include money you spent on things like medical treatment (including psychiatric care) and vehicle repair, as well as money you could not earn because your injuries prevented you from working.
When calculating your economic losses, it is important to consider both past and future expenses. For example, we can calculate past losses by:
- Reviewing bills and receipts
- Reviewing paystubs and tax filings
- Speaking with your employer, your doctor, and other relevant parties
We can also estimate future expenses by speaking to relevant parties, reviewing the prognosis of each of your injuries, or demonstrating that your injuries make it impossible for you to return to the type of job you had before.
Compensation for Non-Economic Losses
Physical and emotional damage can sometimes take a greater toll than financial losses. You can seek compensation for permanent and temporary disabilities, physical pain, emotional suffering, and broken or diminished relationships with loved ones.
Proving your need for non-economic damages can be difficult, as they are often “invisible” and subjective. However, there are still plenty of ways we can establish such damages, including:
- Taking statements from you and people you know in a personal or professional capacity
- Asking medical experts to discuss the consequences of injuries like those you sustained
- Using legal formulas to “convert” your physical and emotional injuries into financial terms
Lehigh Acres Concrete Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
We Represent Concrete Truck Accident Victims
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine takes pride in going the extra mile to assist our clients. This means we can:
- Collect all available and necessary evidence
- Manage all communications between you and other involved parties
- Fill out and submit paperwork within all legal deadlines
- Identify the liable party and notify them about your lawsuit
- Meet with the insurance company and negotiate for just reimbursement
- Review settlement offers with you before you accept them, just to make sure they are truly fair
- Represent you in the courtroom, including making oral arguments and preparing witnesses to testify
In addition, a Lehigh Acres concrete truck lawyer from our team is ready and willing to make our clients’ lives easier by:
- Helping them schedule appointments with doctors, mechanics, and other professionals
- Giving clients their phone number, which grants each client 24/7 access to their attorney
- Providing frequent updates about their case’s progress
- Explaining all of their legal options so they can make timely, intelligent decisions
- Charging nothing upfront and only accepting attorney’s fees after they get compensation
We can start helping you even before you sign a contract with us. Our team members are standing by right now to provide a free, confidential case assessment. This way, you can learn about your legal options without placing yourself under any obligation or sacrificing more than the time it takes to make the phone call.
How to Get Compensation from a Truck Accident
Truck accidents, including concrete truck accidents, can happen in any number of ways. How your accident happened, and its consequences may dictate how and when you can pursue damages. For example:
- If you suffered an injury in a traffic accident involving a concrete truck, you can file a lawsuit within four years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a).
- If you are suing on behalf of a loved one who passed away from their accident injuries, you have only two years from the date of death to file suit.
- If you were driving your own car at the time of the accident, you can file a claim with your car insurance company instead of or in addition to suing the at-fault party.
- If your accident occurred while on the job, you can seek workers’ compensation benefits, as the Florida Chief Financial Officer Workers’ comp death benefits may also be available.
In all of these circumstances, you can only get compensation by proving through clear and convincing evidence that someone else’s reckless or thoughtless behavior contributed to your injury. Examples of negligence-related concrete truck accidents include the following:
- You are a concrete truck driver. While on the job, the brakes gave out, causing you to crash. In this case, the negligent parties could be the brake manufacturer and/or your employer (for failing to maintain or inspect the vehicle).
- You were driving your personal vehicle when a concrete truck driver followed too close behind you and rear-ended your vehicle. In this case, you could sue the driver for driving carelessly.
- You are a construction worker. As you were walking around the site, a concrete truck driver backed into you. In this case, you could seek compensation from the driver as well as your employer (for failing to train the driver properly).
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you determine how to handle your case, no matter how or where it happened.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Can Our Lawyers Serving Lehigh Acres Do for You?
Whether your accident occurred on the road or on the job, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help. Call today and get a free case review from a member of our team. We would be happy to speak with you about your accident, explain what a concrete truck lawyer does, and how we can assist with your Lehigh Acres case.