If you were injured in a truck accident caused by another party’s negligence, you could be eligible for compensation for your physical, financial, and psychological losses. Our lawyer serving Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida, can help you fight for that compensation.
By taking legal action against the liable party, our Lauderdale-by-the-Sea personal injury lawyer can hold them accountable for their actions while helping your family get back on its feet. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to learn more today.
Truck Accident Compensation Is Available In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
Truck accident cases can be particularly challenging for plaintiffs like you. They may involve more liable parties and more serious injuries. You might also have to contend with more state and federal laws, such as those outlined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
A truck accident attorney from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine wants to help you fight for all of the damages you deserve after a truck crash. This includes money for your physical and mental losses, such as:
- Disability: Accident-related disabilities take many forms, including temporary injuries, permanent injuries, partial disability, total disability, physical disability, and intellectual disability. Any of them could entitle you to damages.
- Pain and suffering: The physical and emotional toll of a truck accident can affect your life for months or years to come, or even for a lifetime.
- Lost quality of life: Pre-accident, you were accustomed to being able to perform certain activities independently and easily. If the accident prevents you from living as you did before, you can seek awards for lost quality of life.
You can also pursue damages for your monetary losses, such as:
- Loss of wages: Depending on how bad your injuries are, you might have to stay home from work, miss out on vital job benefits, or even give up your job altogether.
- Medical bills: Treating truck accident injuries can get very expensive very quickly. This is especially true if you require long-term treatments, such as home nursing or assistive devices.
- Property damage: Trucks are larger than cars, so they can do a lot of damage to smaller vehicles like yours. You might even have to buy a whole new vehicle if yours is a total loss.
The damages listed above are only a partial list of what you could qualify for. Our truck accident law firm can determine the full value of your injuries, taking into account what you have already lost and the things you expect to lose in the future (e.g., additional medical expenses).
You Have A Limited Time To Start A Truck Accident Lawsuit
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a), if you want to exercise your legal right to collect compensation, you must do so within two years of the accident. This may seem like a lot of time right now, but the time can go by quickly when:
- You are dealing with serious injuries and trying to arrange for medical care
- You have to worry about how you will support your family if you cannot work
- You must alter and rearrange your lifestyle to accommodate your injuries
We encourage you to start working on your Lauderdale-by-the-Sea truck accident case as soon as you can. The more time you give us to research and consider your case, the easier it may be for us to:
- Identify the at-fault party and how they caused your truck collision
- Calculate the value of your truck accident injuries
- Convince the liable party’s insurer to come to the negotiating table and work out a satisfactory deal
- Build a case that we can take to court in search of a jury award if negotiating is not a viable strategy in your case
How We Can Make The Legal Process Easier
As your truck accident attorney, we also want to make the legal process easier on you personally. We always prioritize our clients’ needs by:
- Making time to answer any and all legal questions you come to us with
- Helping you get your car fixed
- Offering a neutral, professional perspective on an event that is very difficult for you to view logically
- Explaining your rights and legal options
- Returning your calls and emails in a timely fashion
It is our goal to be a true partner to our clients, working side by side with them as they take action against the liable party, whether that is a negligent truck driver, trucking company, vehicle manufacturer, or someone else.
Proving The Liable Party’s Identity After A Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Truck Accident
One of our most important jobs is to build a casefile strong enough to prove that:
- The liable party caused your truck accident by behaving negligently
- The accident caused you significant financial and bodily harm
- The compensation you are asking for is fair and appropriate
The insurance company will only pay what you need if we can persuade them of the three factors listed above. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can prove your case by compiling information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- The truck driver’s records, which can show what they were doing in the moments leading up to the crash and/or if they have a history of unsafe driving
- Testimony from you and those who are close to you, which can provide crucial details about how the accident happened and how it has affected you
- Bills and receipts showing how much you have already spent on things like medical care and vehicle repair
- The police report, which includes all of the information and evidence the police collected when they responded to and investigated your collision
Armed with this evidence, we can confront the liable party and, no matter who they are, demand fair compensation for the role they played in your truck accident.
Our Lawyers Serve Truck Accident Survivors In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Florida
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our team goes the extra mile to help clients after devastating personal injuries and wrongful deaths. Our Lauderdale-by-the-Sea truck accident lawyer can help you take back control of your life by holding the at-fault party accountable. Call today for a free case evaluation.
We Can Help.