A motorcycle accident can have a devastating, long-term impact on your health, your career, and your family life. If you want help exercising your legal rights after such an accident, contact our lawyer serving Lauderdale-by-the-Sea to learn more.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine would be glad to assign an attorney to manage your case. Our Lauderdale-by-the-Sea personal injury lawyer can take care of all your legal responsibilities, leaving you free to focus on your recovery.
Our Lawyers Represent Motorcyclists In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
According to Florida law, you have the right to pursue compensation after an accident, but only if you start your case within two years of when the accident happened. This deadline is codified in Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(a).
For this reason, we encourage you to get in touch with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as you can, preferably right after you receive medical care. We can start helping you even before you hire us by:
- Assessing your case’s merits over the phone
- Charging nothing for this initial consultation
- Explaining the next steps for how to hire us and start your legal action
Once you retain our services, our Lauderdale-by-the-Sea motorcycle accident lawyer can handle your entire case from start to finish. This includes tasks like:
- Collecting evidence to prove what types of damages you suffered and that the liable party caused them through preventable acts of negligence
- Calculating how much money your case is worth
- Sending a demand letter to the liable party and their insurer
- Speaking to the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiating with the insurer to get you a fair settlement
- Representing you in court
Along the way, we never lose sight of what is most important: our client’s comfort. To make things as easy as possible for you after a traumatic experience like a motorcycle crash, our team can:
- Defer all attorney’s fees until the end of your case
- Charge no attorney’s fees at all unless you are compensated for your accident
- Make the time to answer all of your legal questions throughout your case
- Advise you on important legal matters, such as when to settle versus when to go to trial
- Help you get your car fixed or make appointments
- Grant you the peace of mind of knowing that someone familiar with Florida law is managing your case
Our entire team wants nothing more than to help you recover the money you need to start putting the pieces of your life back together. In exchange, you would pay us nothing up front, and you would get the chance to focus on your family.
Collecting Motorcycle Accident Damages In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea
Per the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were 705 motorcycle crashes in Broward County in 2021. These collisions caused 574 injuries. In other words, the vast majority of motorcycle accidents in this county result in injuries.
Clearly, motorcycle accidents are very dangerous and harmful events. It is only fair that the party who caused the accident help you cope with your accident’s consequences, including but not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Property damage and repair costs
How long will it take to settle your motorcycle accident claim? That depends on many different factors, including whether the insurer agrees to cooperate and how much evidence we can find to support your case.
No matter how long it takes us to resolve a case, we never give up on a client. You can depend on us to fight by your side for every penny you deserve.
How Do Motorcycle Accidents Happen In Florida?
All too often, motorcycle crashes happen because of carelessness or recklessness. This is especially upsetting for survivors like you because it means that your injuries could have been prevented if someone else had chosen to show greater respect and courtesy.
One of the most common liable parties in motorcycle accident cases is a driver. Drivers of cars, trucks, or even other motorcycles can cause accidents by:
- Drinking or using drugs before getting behind the wheel
- Indulging in distractions, like cell phones, food, or devices built into the vehicle
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Ignoring traffic signs, such as stop signs and yield signs
More rarely, motorcycle crashes happen because a manufacturer sold a faulty part, a mechanic failed to properly address a problem with a vehicle, or a local government failed to ensure safe roadway conditions.
Identifying The Liable Party After Your Motorcycle Crash
You do not have to know who caused your accident before you come to us. It is part of our job to investigate each client’s situation and prove the liable party’s identity. We do this by using evidence to establish the following four points:
- The liable party had a duty of care towards you—in other words, they were supposed to behave responsibly to minimize the risk of causing an accident.
- By behaving carelessly, the liable party did not fulfill their duty of care.
- The at-fault party’s breach of duty led directly to your motorcycle accident.
- The motorcycle accident (and no other event) is responsible for the bodily injuries and financial losses you have suffered.
The at-fault party and their insurance company may push back against your lawsuit, claiming that there was no negligence involved or that you were not badly injured. This does not mean your case is invalid. Our legal team can use the evidence we gather to counter an insurance adjuster’s determination of fault.
By allowing the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to fight on your behalf, you gain a determined and dedicated ally. We are not afraid to confront any liable party or insurance company when pursuing fair damages for our clients.
Helping Motorcycle Accident Clients In Lauderdale-By-The-Sea Is Our Job
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are proud to represent clients throughout Florida. To find out what our Lauderdale-by-the-Sea motorcycle accident lawyer can do for you, call our firm today. We can evaluate your case at no charge and no risk to you, and we do not get paid until you do.
We Can Help.