A motorcycle accident can lead to costly repairs and medical debt, but if someone else caused the crash, you shouldn’t have to suffer financially. If your insurance company isn’t paying what you’re entitled to, a Lakeside motorcycle accident lawyer at our personal injury law firm can help you seek compensation.
Our Florida-based injury attorney law firm has been helping people in Lakeside and across Florida for years. Reach out to us today for a free consultation to learn more about how we can help you with your motorcycle accident case.
Recoverable Losses in a Lakeside Motorcycle Accident
You can pursue compensation for costs directly resulting from a Lakeside motorcycle accident. For example, if you were hurt in a crash and now have regular doctor’s appointments, you could pursue these healthcare costs.
If your injury has also caused you to miss time at work, you could pursue damages for lost wages. You could seek compensation for the following:
- Medical expenses (past and ongoing): Medical expenses include all costs associated with health care services provided for an individual or family, including hospitalization, physician visits, prescription drugs, dental work, vision care, and mental health treatment.
- Rehabilitation and medical care: Rehabilitation and medical care can be defined as any type of treatment that helps an individual recover from a motorcycle accident. This could include physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, psychological counseling, massage therapy, acupuncture, home health care, and hospice care.
- Lost income and benefits: Lost income and benefits refer to any loss in earnings due to your accident injuries that would have been received during the time you were entitled to receive compensation.
- Lost or reduced earning capacity: Loss of earning capacity means an individual has lost their ability to earn money due to injury or illness. This includes loss of income, loss of future earnings, and loss of earning potential.
- Property damage (including the repair or replacement of your motorcycle): Property damage occurs when your bike is damaged in some way that affects its value or use. Examples include a bent frame, torn clothing, and ruined safety gear.
For many people, an experience like a motorcycle accident can affect their mental health. Although these items aren’t expenses, we could still pursue damages for the following:
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering refers to all physical and emotional harm caused by an injury. This includes both short-term and long-term effects.
- Reduced quality of life: Reduced quality of life refers to an individual’s perception that their overall well-being has been negatively affected by some aspect of their health condition.
- Mental health disorders: Mental illness is any disorder that causes distress or impairment in social, occupational, educational, psychological, emotional, behavioral, or interpersonal functioning. For example, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety.
- Loss of life enjoyment of life: Loss of life enjoyment is defined as the loss of ability to enjoy life in its fullest sense due to illness, injury, disability, or other issues related to your motorcycle accident.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Lakeside motorcycle accident, we offer our deepest condolences. We realize that no amount of money could ever make up for your loss. However, following a fatal crash, you could pursue the following damages in a wrongful death claim:
- Funeral and burial costs
- The deceased person’s final medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of guidance
How Our Lakeside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Our personal injury lawyer in Lakeside, FL, has a lot of experience with motorcycle accidents. They can help you hold the person who caused the accident responsible for your damages and seek compensation from the liable party’s insurer.
We can investigate your accident, collect case-supporting evidence, and identify all liable parties. We can handle everything from the beginning to the end of your motorcycle accident case, including all communications with the at-fault party’s insurance company and lawyers.
Please relax and focus on getting better while we take care of everything else. If we can’t reach a settlement with the other party’s insurance company, we can fight for your compensation in court.
Florida’s Statutes of Limitations in Lakeside Injury Cases
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Lakeside and want to file a personal injury lawsuit, the statute of limitations is generally four years, according to Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a).
If a loved one died in a crash, and you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit, the statute of limitations is generally two years from the person’s death date, per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d).
The Significance of Statutes of Limitations Deadlines
Statutes of limitations are the amount of time after the accident occurred that you must file a case. You don’t have to be in court or have your case resolved by this time; you just have to file.
We can explain your case’s timeline and advise you further during a free consultation.
What Makes Our Law Offices Different?
What sets us apart is that we go the extra mile for our clients. Other firms may say they do, but we prove it by doing the little things that help make their lives easier. We also have a mock courtroom which allows plaintiffs to experience how a proceeding might take place before it happens.
We talk to our clients often, keeping them up to date on their cases and answering all their questions. We even help schedule your medical appointments because, above all else, we want our clients to be healthy.
We Care for Our Florida Communities
Our law firm’s goal is to assist those injury victims, but we also help others around us in other ways. We are involved in charitable organizations in the many cities where we have locations and have initiatives of our own to help give back, such as:
- Miami Dolphins Cancer Center
- Kids in Distress
- Broward County Sheriff’s Foundation
- The Children’s Science Museum
- Jewish Federation
- Community Service Scholarship
- Students Against Drinking and Driving Scholarship
Call Us Today for Help From a Lakeside Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our Lakeside motorcycle accident attorney at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will fight for your right to full compensation for injuries you suffered in an accident. We can help you negotiate with the insurance company and offer responsive legal care in other areas.
We will even give you your attorney’s cell phone number so you can reach them directly with your questions or concerns. We can review your accident at no cost, and if we accept your case, we don’t accept a fee unless we recover awards for you. Contact us today for a free case consultation.
We Can Help.