The car accident team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help if you were hurt in a collision in Kissimmee, Florida. You do not have to go through this experience alone. We can provide guidance as we navigate the claims process. We will collect the evidence, build your case for compensation, and work directly with the insurance company to try to reach an amicable resolution of your damages.
When we handle your injury claim, you can devote your attention toward recuperating from your injuries. A Kissimmee car accident lawyer will take care of everything else. If you want a personal injury law firm that will go the extra mile for you, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Kissimmee, call (800) 747-3733
Why So Many People Work with Lawyers on Car Accident Injury Claims
You do not have to work with a lawyer on a car accident injury claim, but there are many benefits to doing so. We can help you avoid the traps and pitfalls that many people experience when they try to tackle the insurance companies on their own, such as:
- Lowball Offers
The claims adjuster’s job is to get rid of claims for as little money as possible. The adjuster will often make a settlement offer to an injured person who does not have an attorney. People mistakenly think that the settlement is free money, but nothing could be further from the truth. You will have to pay all of your medical bills out of the settlement proceeds. After you do that, you will probably have very little, if any, money left.
- Settling Before You Complete Your Medical Treatment
You should never settle your injury claim until you finish all of your medical treatment and your doctor releases you. Sometimes, the initial round of treatment, like physical therapy, does not fix the problem, and you have to undergo surgery. If you already settled with the insurer, you will have to pay for the operation out of your pocket.
- Missing the Filing Deadline
You only have a short amount of time to file a lawsuit seeking damages for your injuries. The insurance company might drag out the claim review process, making you think that they will pay you, until the deadline passes. At that point, they will not pay your claim, and you cannot file a lawsuit.
- Giving a Recorded Statement
If the claims adjuster asks you for a recorded statement, tell him to talk to your lawyer. These statements only benefit the insurance carrier. The adjuster can “cherry-pick” your words and turn them into something very different from what you said and meant in order to deny your claim.
- Signing Something That You Do Not Understand
When you settle your claim, you will have to sign some paperwork before you get the check. If you have a lawyer on your side, the attorney will read the documents to make sure that you are getting a fair deal and not giving up any rights that you should not. People without lawyers often end up signing papers without being confident as to the meaning of what they signed.
A Kissimmee car accident lawyer can protect you from these situations that can decrease the settlement value of your case and take money out of your pocket.
Kissimmee Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How to Establish Negligence of the At-Fault Driver
Before we can hold someone responsible for paying your losses, we have to establish that the person is liable for your injuries. We will have to prove all four of these elements of liability:
- Duty. The defendant must have had a legal duty toward you. This is a simple element to prove, since all drivers have a duty to operate their vehicles safely and obey the law.
- Breach. The at-fault driver failed to live up to the standard of the legal duty of care. Breaching the legal duty of care is negligence. For example, if the defendant was distracted because he was talking on his cell phone while driving, he did not operate his vehicle safely, and thus, he was negligent.
- Causation. The negligence had to be the cause of the accident that hurt you. If the defendant slammed into your car because talking on the phone distracted him, the facts satisfy the causation element.
- Measurable damages. You must have quantifiable losses as a result of the negligence. Physical injuries satisfy this element.
After we prove all four elements that establish liability, we can go after intangible losses like pain and suffering.
Damages in Kissimmee, Florida Car Crash Injury Claims
Every injury case is unique, so we cannot state a dollar amount for the compensation you will collect. We will have to talk with you, investigate your accident, and gather the documents and other evidence before we can calculate your damages.
Here are some of the kinds of damages that we have won for our car accident clients:
- Lost wages. Getting hurt in a crash can cause you to miss time from work without pay. You can recover your lost wages, salary, regular tips, self-employment, and other forms of income.
- Diminished earning capacity. Sometimes people cannot make as much money as before the collision because of their injuries.
- Medical expenses. You can include in your claim the reasonable cost of the medical treatment you needed for your injuries. Things like the ambulance, emergency room, doctors, hospital, surgery, diagnostic procedures, prescription drugs, and physical therapy can fall into this category.
- Rehabilitation center. Sometimes severe injuries like spinal cord damage or traumatic brain injury require extended care at a specialized facility.
- Intangible losses. These damages are not as easy to measure in dollars, but they represent meaningful losses, like pain and suffering, disfigurement, and loss of enjoyment of life.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Getting Legal Help for Your Car Accident Case
If you suffered injuries in a crash, a Kissimmee car accident lawyer can help. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine goes the extra mile for our clients. We will work tirelessly to get you all the compensation you deserve so that you can rebuild your life. Do not delay in taking legal action as you have four years to recover damages.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. You will not have to pay upfront legal fees because we are paid out of the settlement or award at the end of the matter.