Traffic accidents instantly bring a host of problems for the people involved, especially if they now must treat their injuries, deal with medical bills, and miss out on income because they are home or in the hospital recovering from the crash. Injuries, especially severe ones, make it challenging to pursue damages.
Still, that doesn’t mean victims should give up on demanding financial compensation from a negligent party. A personal injury lawyer can take legal action on their behalf and protect their rights and interests. If you or a loved one is healing from a car collision, an Iona car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will fight for your rightful monetary awards. Call us today for a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages In An Iona, FL, Car Accident Case
Before we can determine how much compensation you can demand, we must assess your financial and non-financial losses. Florida is a no-fault insurance state, so we must start with recovering losses from your auto insurance provider. Upon reviewing your personal injury protection (PIP) coverage, we can determine how much your policy will pay.
Per Florida Statutes § 627.736, Florida drivers must have a $10,000 PIP policy limit. This policy must pay up to 80 percent of medical expenses and two-thirds of lost wages after a crash. If a person dies, PIP should provide up to $5,000 per fatally injured party.
Our Iona car accident attorney will file your no-fault claim forms and review other claims you could make. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection or collision coverage, that could be one avenue for compensation.
Options If Your Iona Car Accident Injuries’ Cost Exceed Your PIP Policy’s Limits
We must exhaust your PIP coverage first. However, in cases involving severe or catastrophic injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, your coverage might not suffice to pay for the losses you suffered.
If the negligent party that caused the accident has bodily injury liability insurance, which Florida does not require, you may be able to recover compensation that a PIP policy does not allow. Such damages can include:
- Any medical or rehabilitative treatments your PIP coverage does not pay for
- Ongoing care after the accident
- Your lost income and benefits
- Your lost or reduced earning ability if you must leave the workforce or take another kind of job because of your injuries
- Property damage, including your vehicle repair or replacement expenses
- Non-economic damages, such as physical and mental pain and suffering, emotional pain, and impaired quality of life
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a loved one in a fatal car accident (e.g., funeral and burial expenses, the decedent’s medical care, and lost household income)
Damages are unique to each case, so your attorney will review your situation’s specifics to determine what you should recover. We are ready to help you review your options and next steps after the accident in Iona. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free initial consultation today.
Our Iona Car Accident Offers Responsive Legal Care In All Aspects Of Your Case
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our approach to responsive legal care starts with the first consultation and lasts throughout our clients’ cases. We work on a contingency fee basis, so immediately, we eliminate concerns over whether you can afford to hire an attorney to represent you.
When you hire us to lead your case, we will handle it from beginning to end and do the following:
- Investigate the accident in Iona, FL, to determine what happened.
- Collect all evidence to build a case that supports your claims (e.g., the police report, witness statements, video footage from a traffic camera, dash camera, cellphone, or another source, and your medical records).
- Identify all liable parties that owe you compensation and prove their negligence.
- Lead negotiation talks with the insurance company and seek a proper settlement that covers your expenses.
- Prepare and file your insurance claims or a civil lawsuit.
- Manage all communications with parties, emails, phone calls, and paperwork.
- Meet all case deadlines to protect your claim or lawsuit.
- Explain all laws and developments in your case and update you regularly.
We Always Go The Extra Mile For Our Clients
Our responsive legal care extends beyond handling your insurance claim or injury lawsuit. We also will help you with post-accident errands, such as making your medical appointments or scheduling your car service repairs. We know life can be hectic after a car accident, so we make it easier to get important things done.
We want you to focus on restoring your health and well-being while we take care of your case. It is our job to get you the money you deserve, and we take it seriously. We will do the fighting so that you don’t have to. You can explore your options with our team now. We are ready when you are.
We Will File Your Iona Car Injury Lawsuit Within Florida’s Statute Of Limitations Window
You generally have two years to file your lawsuit for damages after the auto accident in Iona, as Florida Statutes § 95.11 states. If you are suing on behalf of a deceased loved one, you also have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
You won’t have to worry about these filing deadlines, as we will take care of them for you. The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we can get to work on building your case. We will ensure you have direct access to your attorney by giving you their phone line.
Call The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine For Legal Help With An Iona, FL, Car Accident
Auto wrecks can be a lot to deal with, especially if you suffered injuries and now have to demand damages from the party that caused the accident. Many car accident victims are overwhelmed by the amount of stress they feel when trying to focus on recovery.
You don’t have to take on your case alone. An Iona car accident lawyer with our firm is ready to demand monetary compensation from all who harmed you. If their reckless or careless behavior brought losses and injuries upon you, you deserve legal recourse to make them pay. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to learn more during a free, no-obligation consultation.
We Can Help.