Our Collier County truck accident lawyers can handle every step in your case against a negligent truck driver or trucking company. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will support you through the entire legal process. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Recoverable Compensation Injured Victims of Truck Accidents Can Pursue
Truck accidents are often devastating for those in passenger vehicles. Whether you face catastrophic injuries and will require ongoing medical treatment, or you will need weeks of physical therapy for broken bones, you could recover costs.
Our attorneys will review your medical records to understand how the injury has affected you and what types of care you will require in the future.
You could recover the costs of medical care such as:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Hospitalization (including long-term hospitalization)
- Assistive devices
- Emergency room care
- Ambulance services
Other Forms of Compensation Available After a Truck Accident
Physical and medical challenges are not the only hardships you could be facing. You could also recover compensation for these losses:
- Lost wages, for your missed paychecks
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injuries will affect your ability to earn income over the long term
- Pain and suffering, for the physical and emotional hardships you’ve faced
- Scarring and disfigurement if your appearance changed after the crash
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a family member to their accident injuries
How a Truck Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Case
Our job is to help you seek the best possible compensation available in your case. Our attorneys will do this by:
- Gathering evidence of your losses
- Demonstrating liability for the accident
- Handling all communications with third parties
- Negotiating a fair settlement amount
- Taking your case to trial, if necessary
We will also stand beside you from the beginning to the end of your case, helping you make important decisions and translating all the legalese.
We’ll Handle Complications, so You don’t Have to
No injury case is simple, and a truck accident case can be incredibly complicated. For example, you could face the following challenges:
- The liable party is a major trucking company. The truck driver may not be financially responsible for the crash – instead, you could be dealing with a large trucking company. While this could mean that you could seek additional compensation (due to a higher corporate insurance policy), you could also face more aggressive push back from this company’s legal team.
- Your case could be unnecessarily delayed. For example, insurance companies may delay the fulfillment of your claim in hopes that you will drop your case.
- You could be told that your injuries are less serious than they are. Even though you may know that your injuries are significant, the liable party’s representatives could claim that you weren’t seriously harmed. They could also try to link your injuries to a pre-existing condition that predated the accident.
We will deal with all the complications so that you can focus on your recovery. Our attorneys are familiar with challenges like these, and we know how to prepare your case so that you can seek the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions in Truck Accident Cases
Pursuing compensation after an accident can be confusing. Our lawyers work hard to make the legal process feel painless. We will work to answer all your questions, including common questions such as:
Who Is Liable for My Truck Accident?
This is one of the first things our attorneys will work to identify in your truck accident case. We will investigate the details of your crash to determine if one or more of the following parties could be held liable:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A local government entity
- A cargo loading company
- A parts or vehicle manufacturer
We will work to ensure that the appropriate parties are held accountable.
Will I Need to Go to Court?
In many cases, we can resolve your claim through an insurance settlement. However, in other situations, we will start by filing a lawsuit against the liable party. Still, even when we file a lawsuit, we are often able to seek a satisfactory settlement before reaching a courtroom.
If we go to trial, we will handle the litigation process for you. If you need to make any appearances in court, we will ensure you are prepared.
How Much Is My Truck Accident Claim Worth?
Our attorneys will help you understand what amount you could seek after investigating your case. We will work to determine factors such as:
- The cost of your past, present, and future medical care
- The severity of your injuries
- How the crash impacted your life
These factors tend to determine how much your truck accident settlement could be.
Should I Be Aware of Any Deadlines for My Case?
Yes. In Florida, you have four years to file a lawsuit after an injury accident, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). Therefore, we advise getting started on your case as soon as possible to meet this deadline.
A truck accident attorney from our firm will ensure that you are on track to meet any critical deadlines for your case.
Learn How Our Truck Accident Lawyers in Collier County Can Help You Today
Whether a truck driver hit you on Alligator Alley or you ran into loose cargo on Oil Well Road, we can help. During your free, no-obligation case review, you can ask us any questions you have about your case. We can tell you more about what damages you could seek, who could be liable, and how to get started with the legal process.
We are standing by to take your call. Call a truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to learn more today at 1-800-747-3733.
We Can Help.