Getting injured while you are trying to do your job can be a harrowing experience. It can also be incredibly stressful, especially if the injury keeps you from doing your duties and you face losing wages. Most of the time, that injury should be covered by your workers’ compensation policy. However, your place of employment or its insurance company may make it difficult for your claim to go through.
If you encounter any hiccups with your workers’ compensation plan, you may benefit from speaking with a lawyer. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have fought for our clients throughout the years to help them get the compensation they deserve.
Speaking with a Clearwater workers’ compensation lawyer is of no obligation to you, so give us a call today at 1-800-747-3733 for a consultation with one of our representatives. We may be able to help you receive financial recovery to help cover the expenses related to your injury.
For a free legal consultation with a workers' compensation lawyer serving Clearwater, call (800) 747-3733
When Workers’ Compensation Claims Go Wrong
Many employees can file workers’ compensation claims and receive their money somewhat promptly, but sometimes that is not the case at all.
On some occasions, companies may make it challenging to file a claim, or the insurance company could try to deny you. Other times, the company may delay paying out your claim for certain reasons—or you could face retaliatory behavior at work for making a claim. Your award, if you do receive it, may not be enough of a sum to cover the financial consequences of your work-related injury.
No matter how you face difficulty when it comes to workers’ compensation, you should not have to fight that battle alone.
Reaching out to our lawyer who specializes in workers’ compensation cases may help you as they will know how to navigate the situation. They will seek to get you the compensation you may deserve.
Clearwater Workers' Compensation Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How a Lawyer Can Help Your Workers’ Compensation Case
A Clearwater workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm can work for you on a contingency fee that is paid out if you win your case. Once that agreement is finalized, we will move forward in handling all aspects of your claim.
Your energy should be focused on your recovery, not on long calls on hold with the insurance company, fighting with their representatives, or arguing with your employer over the circumstances surrounding your injury. Instead, let your lawyer take this on so that you can recover with as little stress as possible.
To create as ironclad a case as they can, our lawyer will also assemble all of the evidence they can obtain. This may include:
- Photos of the scene: Any documentation of the scene where your accident occurred may reinforce your claim, such as a loose tile or rotting floor that made you trip and fall.
- Witness statements: Lawyers can speak to anyone who witnessed your injury and collect their stories to back up your account of what happened.
- Medical records: Any available record from a hospital or doctor who treated you after you were hurt at work can show what happened to you and everything that was required to treat the injury.
- Security footage: If your office has security cameras, your attorney will try to gain access to that footage if it shows the circumstances leading to your injury or fall.
Assembling all of this will take some time, but your lawyer can still file your claim in time to avoid missing the statute of limitations deadline. Per Florida Statutes § 440.19, you generally have two years to file a workers’ compensation claim.
If you are ready to pursue a workers’ compensation benefits claim, give us a call at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. One of our representatives is standing by and waiting to take your call to see how we can help you.
How You May Be Able to Receive a Financial Award
Once our lawyer shows that you are eligible to file your claim, they will also help you determine the types of compensation that you should add to it. Your attorney will want to assist you in every way possible and help you figure out how much to claim, which could include:
- Lost wages: It is likely you will need to stay home from work to recover from your injury. The wages lost due to your time away from the job is a loss you should try to recover.
- Medical costs: Treating an injury can be expensive, as it could require hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, and more. Those costs will add up, and that should not be your burden.
- Wrongful death: If your loved one dies because they were hurt on the job, you may be able to claim funeral costs and other financial losses that can help take away some of the financial stress of losing them so tragically.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us Today for Your Free Consultation
You should not have to battle alone when you face difficulty related to a workers’ compensation claim. Instead, consider letting a Clearwater workers’ compensation lawyer from our firm fight for you. We will communicate with you every single step of the way.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our lawyers have years of experience helping clients with their workers’ compensation claims. We will work with you with compassion and understanding.
Contacting us is of no obligation to you, and you may discover during your free consultation that we can help you seek the compensation you need. Call us now at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case review with a member of our team.