When we handle your personal injury claim, all you need to do is worry about getting better. We can take care of everything else for you. We understand how inconvenient it is to suffer a severe injury without warning. For this reason, we bend over backward to help our clients, doing things like helping to schedule your appointments and get your car fixed.
How You Could Benefit From Working With a Casselberry Truck Accident Lawyer on Your Injury Claim
You are at a distinct disadvantage if you try to negotiate with a multi-billion-dollar insurance company while you are recuperating and undergoing medical procedures for significant injuries. The defendant’s insurer has hundreds of people working full-time on injury claims. We can negotiate directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to do so.
It can help even the odds if you have a lawyer on your side, particularly one who handles personal injury cases and can readily determine the financial value of your injury claim. We try to get the defendant’s carrier to agree to a fair and reasonable settlement, but if they will not, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf.
How Much Money the Insurance Company Should Pay You to Settle Your Truck Collision Injury Case in Casselberry
No one can tell you how much money you should get from the insurance company to settle your Casselberry truck collision injury case until they first talk to you and investigate the accident. There are no automatic amounts of compensation in these claims.
The facts of your unique situation will determine how much money you could seek from the defendant. Here are some examples of the types of damages that a person might pursue after getting hurt in a truck accident:
- Medical expenses. Typically, an injured person can seek to recover the reasonable cost of the medical treatment they need for their wounds from the accident.
- Future medical costs. Sometimes, a person needs follow-up surgeries like skin grafts after getting hurt in a truck accident. We could include your doctor’s estimate for the procedures you will need down the road.
- Long-term care. Catastrophic injuries can leave a person unable to live independently and provide their own medical treatment and care. The person whose negligence harmed you should be accountable for this expense.
- Lost wages. This category can include missed paychecks in the form of wages, salary, self-employment, and other types of regular income. If you did not get paid your regular amount while recuperating from the accident, we could add this financial loss to your claim.
- Pain and suffering. When a person gets hurt in a truck accident, they can experience physical discomfort, inconvenience, and emotional distress. Although these items can be challenging to measure in dollars, a Casselberry truck accident lawyer at our firm can determine the value of these items.
You might have other intangible losses, like post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) from the accident. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) says that PTSD can develop after a person experiences a collision that involves fatalities or severe injuries. Also, an injured person might experience a loss of enjoyment of life because of ongoing impairments.
We might be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party if your close relative died as a result of a truck accident. Florida law specifies who can be the legal beneficiaries of a wrongful death action.
You might have additional economic or non-economic losses. A Casselberry truck accident lawyer from our firm can explore the possibilities of money damages available in your situation.
Hiring a Casselberry Truck Accident Lawyer Does Not Cost You Upfront Legal Fees
You will not have to pay any upfront legal fees for a lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to handle your injury claim. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means we get paid a percentage of the insurance settlement or jury verdict.
What Consequences Are There if You Do Not File a Lawsuit for Compensation Before the Deadline?
You do not have a lot of time to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit under Florida law. Negotiating with the claims adjuster does not satisfy the deadline. If your case has not yet settled and you do not file your lawsuit in time, you will lose the right to pursue the negligent party for compensation.
You will not be able to hold either the defendant or their liability insurance company accountable for the harm you suffered. Neither one will owe any money after the deadline passes.
Four Things Not to Do After Getting Hurt in a Truck Accident in Florida
Seemingly innocent gestures could decrease the value of your accident injury claim or destroy your case entirely. Here are four things you should not do after getting injured in a truck accident in Florida:
- Do not apologize to anyone else in the accident. What you might intend as compassion could get twisted and used against you as an admission of guilt and fault for the collision.
- Do not give a recorded statement to the claims adjuster. The insurance company will get the recording transcribed. They can cherry-pick portions from the transcript and take them out of context to be something you never intended to say. Instead, tell the adjuster to talk to your lawyer.
- Do not post anything on social media about the accident, your injuries, or anyone involved in a collision. It is best to take a complete break from social media until your case gets resolved.
- Unless there is a compelling medical reason for doing so, you should not skip any of your medical treatment. If your doctor prescribed things like physical therapy or other interventions, the defendant could claim that you would have healed better if you completed those items.
These are only a few of the many things that could backfire and hurt the financial value of your injury claim. When our team handles all communication with the other side for you, there is less chance of devaluing your claim.
How to Get Started With a Casselberry Truck Accident Lawyer
We know how important it is to stay in close touch with your legal team. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we provide frequent case updates and answers to all your questions. We respond to your emails and calls. You even get the phone number of the lawyer handling your case.
We are happy to offer a free initial consultation for your Casselberry truck accident injury claim. You can call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to find out how we can help you.
We Can Help.