With A1A and other roadways carrying large trucks and other vehicles throughout Amelia Island, drivers and passengers may find themselves in an accident with a large truck that causes life-changing injuries. Truck accidents can be particularly catastrophic due to the truck’s size and weight. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident, you may have legal recourse for damages.
An Amelia Island truck accident lawyer from our team can take your case off your hands while you recover. You can count on the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to go the extra mile for you and seek the compensation you deserve.
- Responsible Parties in Truck Accidents
- Possible Damages You Can Pursue in an Amelia Island Truck Accident Case
- Florida Imposes a Strict Deadline for Filing Truck Accident Lawsuits
- How an Amelia Island Truck Accident Lawyer with Our Firm Can Serve You
- We Pride Ourselves on Providing Top-Notch Client Care
- The Team at Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is Ready to Work for You
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Amelia Island, call (800) 747-3733
Responsible Parties in Truck Accidents
One or more parties could be responsible for your truck accident, depending on the circumstances of your case.
The Truck Driver
The involved truck driver may have succumbed to one of these negligent driving behaviors:
- Driver fatigue, especially if they violate the hours of service enforced by the Federal Motor Carrier of Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- Failure to check large blind spots
- Improper lane change
- Distracted driving
- Driving while intoxicated
If the weather was bad at the time of the accident (such as rain or snow), the truck driver should have slowed down and driven in accordance with the road conditions.
The Trucking Company
If the truck driver was at fault for the accident, their employer must take financial responsibility, per the principle of vicarious liability. However, there are also instances in which the trucking company might be negligent. For example, if they:
- Did not conduct thorough background checks when hiring truck drivers
- Let a trucker drive if they had a history of driving under the influence
- Pressured the trucker into violating the FMCSA hours of service to get as many deliveries done as possible
The Cargo Company
Those who loaded cargo into the truck might have unevenly placed the items or put too many items on the truck, causing the truck driver to lose control of the vehicle.
A Government Agency
Cities are required to ensure that their roadways are clean and free of hazards. A government agency may have failed to clear the street of debris or fix a faulty stop signal, which led the truck driver to crash.
Amelia Island Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Possible Damages You Can Pursue in an Amelia Island Truck Accident Case
There is no way to say how much your case is worth or what damages you can seek without first reviewing the details of your case. However, some common forms of compensation that truck accident victims can pursue include:
- Past and anticipated medical costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Mental anguish
Because truck accidents can be so devastating, victims may suffer fatal injuries. If your loved one lost their life in a truck accident, wrongful death damages may be available to you and your family. Examples include funeral costs, final medical expenses, loss of companionship, loss of household services, and loss of financial support.
Florida Imposes a Strict Deadline for Filing Truck Accident Lawsuits
The state of Florida gives you a limited amount of time to take legal action against the responsible party in a truck accident.
- Personal injury: In most cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) allows four years to file a lawsuit against the liable party.
- Wrongful death: Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) generally gives only two years for family members to file.
Adhering to these time frames is crucial to preserving your legal right to seek compensation. Failure to file by the applicable deadline gives the court reason to bar you from holding the liable party accountable for your injuries and losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How an Amelia Island Truck Accident Lawyer with Our Firm Can Serve You
Our motto at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is “You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else.” That said, your lawyer will:
- Order a copy of the crash report
- Review your medical records
- Compile evidence
- Determine the liable party or parties
- Quantify your damages
- Relay messages between you and other respective parties
- Work to negotiate a fair settlement
- Take your case to trial if necessary
Your lawyer will be working very closely with you as well, providing you with frequent case updates and prompt answers to all your questions. They can also help you schedule accident-related appointments, including car repairs.
We Will Take on Your Truck Accident Case for a Contingency Fee
You do not have to worry about affording a lawyer or financing your case – instead, we do that for you by working on a contingency fee. This payment structure entails:
- A free initial consultation with no obligation
- No required upfront fees or out-of-pocket costs
- No retainers
Your truck accident lawyer will be reimbursed for their services after they obtain a financial award for you. If they cannot achieve this outcome, we will not charge you a dime.
We Pride Ourselves on Providing Top-Notch Client Care
Our lawyers have won millions of dollars for injury victims across Florida. While doing so, we make sure they stay informed and are well taken care of throughout the process.
Here is what some of our former clients have said about working with us:
“Jonathan at Anidjar and Levine was very helpful. He kept us informed and comfortable that he was doing everything that he could to get us the most for our settlement. Thank you, Anidjar and Levine.” – Joe H.
“I had such an amazing experience here! Jonathan Holtz was my attorney, and I could not have asked for a better person to take my case. He was very responsive and did a great job of keeping me informed! I would highly recommend letting them be your attorney.” – Sarah A.
The Team at Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is Ready to Work for You
Handling a truck accident case can be complicated, and healing from your injuries during the process makes it even more stressful. Let a lawyer from our team serving Amelia Island take on your case, so you can focus on recuperating.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for your free consultation. You will also receive your attorney’s phone number once we get started on your case. We are here for you 24/7 as we fight for the compensation you deserve.