If you suffered a slip and fall accident in Florida, you could seek financial recovery for the resulting damages. When you hire the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will fight for compensation to address your medical costs, lost income, and other consequences of your fall.
An Amelia Island slip and fall accident lawyer from our team will lead your personal injury case. We know Florida personal injury law and how to navigate it for our clients. A free case review awaits when you call our firm to learn more.
What to Expect From the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
As a Florida-based firm, we have a stake in fighting for victims. We want a safer state, so our attorneys pursue justice for those harmed due to negligence. When you hire our firm, you should expect us to:
- Go the extra mile in every aspect of your case
- Provide responsive legal care
- Answer your phone calls
- Respond promptly to your emails
- Address your concerns and questions
- Accommodate any specific requests you have for our firm
Our primary role is seeking financial recovery for you. As we do so, our team may:
Consult Your Doctors About Your Injuries
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that one in five falls causes serious injury. Your fall may fit into this statistic. Injuries from a fall can include:
- Broken bones in your wrists and arms
- A fractured hip, which is more common in older fall victims
- A skull fracture
- A traumatic brain injury (TBI)
A fall may cause psychological harm, too. The trauma of your injury and resulting damages can also be long-lasting—you may suffer depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and other debilitating conditions.
Our team of attorneys works with doctors, mental health professionals, and others who can help us understand your injuries. To calculate an accurate case value, we need to know the likely duration of your recovery and the current and future treatment costs for your specific injuries.
Handle Legal Proceedings
When it comes to your case against the liable party, we will take care of every step, including:
- Compiling evidence into a compelling case
- Filing the claim
- Completing all other legal documentation
- Communicating with other parties involved in the case
- Negotiating for a settlement
- Taking the case to trial when necessary
You can recover in peace while we move your case forward.
Protect Your Rights
Our personal injury attorneys have ample experience fighting for injury victims. We’ve seen how insurance companies and have other attorneys operate and fought off attempts to violate our clients’ rights. We aim to protect you from all bad faith tactics, including:
- Accusations that you are responsible for your fall
- Attempts to have you accept an unfair settlement
- Attempts to delay the legal or insurance process
- Misrepresentation of your words or actions
Determining the Cause of Your Slip and Fall Accident Is Critical
Uncovering the cause of your accident will be one of our top priorities. The National Safety Council (NSC) states that falls are “100% preventable.” This is true in many cases, including when property owners:
- Clean slick floors without alerting patrons
- Fail to address leaks and spills
- Don’t implement adequate drainage within their property
- Leave loose carpeting unrepaired
- Leave broken, uneven, or otherwise damaged stairs unaddressed
- Don’t address pipes, toilets, or other potential sources of flooding
Slip and fall accidents can stem from other hazards as well. Our team of attorneys, paralegals, investigators, and experts will investigate your accident to pinpoint the cause of your fall. Our investigation of your fall may include:
- Visiting the location where your fell
- Obtaining any video footage of your fall
- Photographing conditions that contributed to your fall
- Speaking with witnesses who saw your fall or pre-fall conditions
Taking these steps should also help us determine who is liable for your losses.
Who Is Responsible for a Slip and Fall Injury?
Property owners are generally liable for a slip and fall accident. They may be responsible for any harm that occurs on their premises. However, if a third party caused your slip and fall accident, then they may be liable.
To seek damages, you will need to prove that the property owner either knew of the slipping hazard or should have known of the slipping hazard. If either of these is true, and they did not address the danger or give sufficient warning, they put you at risk of injury.
What Will We Have to Prove in Your Slip and Fall Case?
Someone is generally liable in a slip and fall case if they are negligent. Negligence is any departure from reasonable behavior. If someone puts another person at risk of harm, they’re generally negligent.
When proving negligence in your slip and fall case, we’ll argue that:
- The negligent party owed you a duty of care
- The negligent party violated their duty of care, putting you in danger
- The negligent party caused you to slip and fall
- Your losses are the result of the negligent party’s actions or failures
This is the general blueprint for proving negligence. Once we have the facts of your case, we’ll tailor those facts to this framework. This is just one of the many ways our team can help you seek compensation.
Your slip and fall accident lawyer must have experience with cases like yours. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will provide an attorney with relevant experience.
Don’t Wait to Contact Our Team
Civil cases in Amelia Island have time restrictions. For example, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally have four years after your fall to file a personal injury case. Similarly, you may have two years to file a wrongful death case if a loved one passed away from fall injuries, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
Note that certain factors may extend these deadlines, so don’t assume your case has expired, no matter what your circumstances are. Still, we encourage you to contact our team as soon as you can.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today for Legal Help
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will lead your fight for justice after your slip and fall accident on Amelia Island. Hiring a lawyer from our team could provide much-needed relief. You won’t have to worry about seeking fair compensation, as we’ll do it for you.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for your free consultation. You worry about getting better—we’ll take care of everything else.
We Can Help.