Truck drivers are expected to exercise the utmost precaution while transporting goods on our roadways. Unfortunately, they sometimes fall short of this responsibility and cause an accident. If you or a loved one were hurt in a truck accident, our Altamonte Springs truck accident lawyers can help you hold the liable party responsible for your damages.
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is committed to taking care of all aspects of your case while you get better. We will collect evidence, calculate your damages, handle all correspondence, and negotiate for a fair settlement. All of these services are available on a no-win, no-fee basis.
- How an Altamonte Springs Truck Accident Attorney Will Manage Your Case
- What Makes the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Stand Out
- Common Damages in an Altamonte Springs Truck Accident Case
- Our Altamonte Springs Team Operates on a Contingency-Fee Basis
- Florida Places a Time Limit on Filing Personal Injury Lawsuits
- Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine About Your Truck Crash Case
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Altamonte Springs, call (800) 747-3733
How an Altamonte Springs Truck Accident Attorney Will Manage Your Case
Our firm provides an array of services for those injured in a truck accident. A truck accident lawyer on our team will:
Compile an Evidence File
We will gather evidence to build an effective case for compensation. Common forms of evidence used in truck accident cases include:
- The crash report
- Traffic camera footage
- Black box information from the involved truck
- Employment records
- Travel logs
- Medical records
- Eyewitness statements
Your personal testimony is the basis of your claim, so be sure to write down every detail you remember from the accident – before, during, and after.
Name the Liable Party and Prove Their Negligence
One or multiple parties could have caused the truck accident, including:
- The truck driver: If they were fatigued, distracted, under the influence, speeding, did not check their blind spots, or changed lanes improperly
- The truck company: If they did not enforce the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s hours of service or failed to vet drivers properly
- The cargo company: If their employees improperly loaded the truck
- A truck parts manufacturer: If they manufactured a faulty truck part
- A mechanic: If the mechanic failed to detect a problem with the vehicle or did not install a part correctly
- A government agency: If the city government did not promptly clean up road debris or fix a defective traffic sign or signal
If the truck driver caused your accident, their employer would be the one to pay out your damages. Based on the principle of vicarious liability, employers are responsible for the negligence of their employees.
Manage Communication Among You and Other Involved Parties
Your lawyer will be in charge of answering phone calls and emails on your behalf. However, the other party’s insurance provider may still try to contact you days after the accident and ask for your perspective about what happened. You are not obligated to give them a statement. In fact, doing so may hurt you in the end, as insurance companies often twist your words to protect their bottom line.
When the insurer reaches out to you, just provide them with your name, contact information, and your insurance company. Then direct them to your attorney.
Reviewing and Negotiating Settlement Offers
We will assess all of your damages and request a settlement based on that number. It is typical for the insurer to return with an unsatisfactory offer, but your lawyer can negotiate with them until we reach common ground.
Usually, we can settle a case without going to trial. But if the insurer doesn’t cooperate, we are fully prepared to do so.
Altamonte Springs Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
What Makes the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Stand Out
Our firm personalizes our approach to each case to help you get the compensation you need. We also make sure that you are comfortable and well taken care of throughout the legal process.
To do this, we will:
- Give you your attorney’s phone number
- Promptly answer all your questions by phone or email
- Frequently update you on your case
- Arrange all accident-related appointments
- Provide recommendations for a car repair shop near you
Let our team provide you with the responsive legal care that you and your family deserve, especially during such a difficult time.
Common Damages in an Altamonte Springs Truck Accident Case
If you were hurt in a truck accident, you may be eligible to collect the following forms of compensation:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Scarring and disfigurement
The size and weight of a truck can make these accidents even more devastating, leading to fatal injuries. If your loved one passed away after a truck accident, you could recoup wrongful death damages. Coverage for funeral and burial costs, final medical expenses, and other related awards may be available to you and your family.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Altamonte Springs Team Operates on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Many personal injury law firms require:
- Upfront fees
- Hourly payments
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will not require any of these – instead, we take your case on a contingency-fee basis, which means we take a portion of the compensation we win for you as payment. If we do not achieve a favorable outcome for you, we do not get paid.
Florida Places a Time Limit on Filing Personal Injury Lawsuits
Truck accident victims and their families only have a certain amount of time to pursue damages from the liable party or parties. In most cases, Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) allows claimants only four years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This deadline is even shorter for those filing a wrongful death lawsuit, as Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) usually sets the deadline at two years.
We encourage you to reach out to our firm as soon as possible as these statutes of limitations are strictly enforced, and you generally will not be allowed to collect damages if you do not meet them.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine About Your Truck Crash Case
State Road 436 is full of trucks going in and out of Altamonte Springs. Every truck driver should be aware of the size of their vehicle and how much damage it can cause during an accident. If you or a loved one were the victim of such an incident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
We will go the extra mile for you. To get started, call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case review.