An Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer may charge you nothing for an accident claim, so long as that lawyer gets paid based on a contingency fee-basis. This sort of arrangement means that your lawyer only gets paid out of funds from a settlement agreement or judgement. So, your legal representative only gets paid if you secure compensation.
Contingency Fees Are Standard Practice
The contingency-fee pay structure may generally be standard for lawyers who work in the field of personal injury, as affirmed by the American Bar Association. This situation may be fit for cases where a plaintiff such as yourself (or your loved one) is claiming money.
There are several reasons why contingency fees generally make sense for lawyers and clients seeking compensation after a personal injury or wrongful death. These include:
- That clients who do not have many financial resources, but should be entitled to compensation, can have access to legal help
- That lawyers can take a case based on its merits, rather than having to worry about whether a client will pay their hourly rate
- That a lawyer may not waste your time in taking your case unless they genuinely believe that you have a chance to win compensation
If you or a loved one was injured in a motorcycle accident, then having the option of paying via contingency fee could be immensely helpful—depending on your specific circumstances, you may not have access to legal representation otherwise.
Contingency Fees Raise the Stakes for Your Lawyer
A lawyer who is being paid on a contingency-fee basis knows that they will only receive compensation for their services if they negotiate a settlement or win a judgement. This is a direct incentive to win for you or your loved one.
Your lawyer may deploy all resources necessary as they aim to prevail in your case, including:
- Dispatching professional investigators to determine precisely how your accident occurred
- Speaking with experts whose testimony could strengthen your lawsuit or insurance claim
- Having team members obtain documentation of your injuries from your doctors
- Producing any graphics that could strengthen your case
Your lawyer may tend to every aspect of your lawsuit or insurance claim so that you can rest easy and recover. Some of the other duties that your lawyer and their team may perform are:
- Filing your lawsuit or claim
- Communicating with insurers, attorneys, and any other necessary parties
- Interviewing witnesses to your accident
- Determining what losses your accident has caused
- Calculating the value of your losses
- Making any necessary appearances as your representative
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial
One of the initial steps that you may take is to determine who caused your accident, and all parties who have liability for your losses.
Avoiding Motorcyclists Requires Extra Caution
Motorcyclists are very vulnerable, as they do not have airbags or roll cages to protect them. Motorists who drive dangerously or do not look out specifically for motorcyclists run the risk of causing severe injuries.
Some behaviors that your lawyer may cite as a factor in your accident are:
- Driving while drunk
- Driving while on drugs
- Distracted driving
- Another driver crossing into an intersection occupied by yourself or your loved one
- Other people failing to check for you as an oncoming motorcyclist before turning
- Running a red light, stop sign, or yield sign
If a motorist caused your accident, then they may owe you compensation for your losses. Per Florida Statutes § 768.81, you may be entitled to compensation—even if you were partially at fault for your accident.
Speaking with the team for an attorney may clarify how much a certain Orlando motorcycle accident lawyer charges for an accident claim. They may also provide information about how they can help with respect to your insurance claim or lawsuit.
Your Lawyer Will Fight for Fair Awards
A motorcycle accident-related injury can have a massive toll on you or a loved one. Your lawyer will seek compensation for losses stemming from your accident. Remember that your lawyer may not collect a fee unless you win.
Some types of losses for which you may be covered are:
- The cost of emergency transportation and care
- The cost of all medical care you receive just after your accident
- The cost of follow-up medical appointments and transportation to such appointments
- The cost of rehabilitation for your injuries
- Lost income and diminished earning capacity
- Permanent disability
- Damage to your motorcycle and other personal property
- Pain and suffering
- Losses from the death of a loved one
If you have any other losses from your accident, your lawyer will fight for fair compensation for them.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine gets paid only if you win, so you will not have to pay any out-of-pocket costs for their services. You worry about getting better and we take care of everything else.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 for a free consultation.