If you have been in car accident, the recovery process can be overwhelming. Your physical and emotional injuries may be serious enough that you miss months of work to undergo surgical procedures and rehabilitation. Without a steady paycheck, it can be next to impossible to support your family, pay your medical bills, and cover other accident-related costs.
That is where the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine can help. Our experienced legal team can help you file a personal injury claim and recover damages after a car accident. Call 800-747-3733 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation with a car accident lawyer in Pompano Beach.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Pompano Beach, call (800) 747-3733
Our attorneys can assist with all aspects of your personal injury claim.
In order to recover compensation after a car accident, we will need to file a personal injury claim against the parties who caused your crash. The steps we take will depend on who was at fault for the accident.
If You Were at Fault
Florida is a “no-fault” state, meaning that you may recover damages under your own Personal Injury Protection (PIP) policy, regardless of who caused your crash. All vehicle owners must carry a minimum of $10,000 in PIP coverage for medical damages, as well as $10,000 in property damage coverage. If you were responsible for the accident in question, our attorneys can help you file an insurance claim with your own insurer. However, keep in mind that if you do not receive medical treatment within 14 days of the accident, you may lose your right to compensation.
If Another Party Was at Fault
A $10,000 PIP check for damages may seem like a lot of money, but you will only be able to recover $2,500 unless a licensed medical provider claims that you suffered an Emergency Medical Condition (EMC) after your car crash. Even if you are able to recover the full amount, the reality is that $10,000 in PIP coverage will hardly make a dent in your medical bills if you have been in a severe accident.
Fortunately, you have other options to earn more damages. If the other driver caused your accident and injuries, you may hold them accountable for damages in certain situations. Motorists who have suffered severe injuries may seek additional damages from the at-fault party. Under Florida law, you may seek damages from the other driver if you or your loved one suffered:
- Significant and permanent loss of bodily function;
- Significant and permanent scarring or disfigurement;
- Permanent injury; or
Pompano Beach Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How can our attorneys protect you?
During our initial consultation, we will find out more about your accident and injuries. We will then begin our investigation to determine who was at fault for the crash. Our investigation will likely involve:
- Reviewing the police report from the officer at the scene of your accident;
- Contacting witnesses who saw the accident and preparing them to testify on your behalf;
- Researching state traffic laws and determining which statutes the at-fault driver violated;
- Collecting photographs, surveillance footage, and other evidence documenting the scene of the crash; and
- Consulting with accident reconstruction and medical experts to discuss the causation of the crash and the severity of your injuries.
Depending on the specifics of your car crash, multiple parties may have been responsible for your injuries. These potentially liable parties include:
- The other driver in your crash;
- Your car’s manufacturer;
- The manufacturer of your car’s individual parts; and
- Local government agencies responsible for maintaining the roadways.
We will examine all of the details of your case until we identify the negligent party.
How does negligence play a role in my claim?
Once we have determined who is at fault for your accident, we will establish that their negligence caused your accident and injuries. This requires us to prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached their duty by acting negligently while driving;
- The defendant’s negligence caused your accident; and
- You suffered injuries in the crash.
Once we have thoroughly investigated your claim and collected evidence from various sources, we will begin piecing together your claim for compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What compensation can I receive after a car accident?
We cannot tell you exactly how much compensation you may be eligible for until we look at the details of your claim. However, we are able to recover some common damages for our victims. These include:
- Your medical bills and the cost of any hospitalizations;
- Any prescription drug costs or physical therapy treatments;
- The cost of any future medical treatments you may need;
- Lost wages from missed work;
- Lost benefits and career perks if your injury reduced your earning capacity;
- Costs associated with managing a long-term injury or permanent disability;
- The cost of replacing household services you can no longer perform; and
- Costs of your pain and suffering and emotional distress.
When we calculate the full value of your claim, we will take into account these costs and any other expenses related to your injuries. We will use your medical bills and receipts to determine the full dollar value of your losses. To understand your work-related damages, we can turn to employment records and pay stubs. We will also work with employment experts and medical professionals to estimate the cost of any future losses you will face because of your injury.
When we arrive at a fair settlement amount for you, we will present it to the at-fault party as part of your claim. We will navigate the negotiation process until both parties agree to a fair amount for your compensation. If we cannot come to an agreement, we can take your case to court.
Call the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine today for help with your car accident claim.
At the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine, we fight for the rights of car accident victims. We will work to recover the damages you need to recover from your injuries after a crash in Pompano Beach. We are ready to take on your case today.
For a free case evaluation with a car accident lawyer, call 800-747-3733 today. We are here to help.