A wide range of outcomes is possible in a car accident insurance claim based on a soft tissue injury. Knowing an average settlement value will not tell you anything about your case or what the payout could be.
Our attorney will be able to provide you with a possible fair settlement value range for your case following their investigation as they prepare to file your insurance claim. This is the best way to learn what your case might be worth.
Soft Tissue Injuries may Cause Pain and Limited Range of Motion
Soft tissue injuries affect the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other soft tissues. One of the frequent soft tissue injuries suffered in traffic accidents is whiplash. Whiplash involves damage to the soft tissues. It affects the:
- Upper back
Sufferers may experience pain, limited range of motion, headaches, and other symptoms. Depending on the severity of the injury, they could fully recover in several days, or it could take a few weeks.
Other soft tissues in other areas of the body can also suffer injuries in traffic accidents.
Some People Experience Chronic Pain After Soft Tissue Injuries
According to research published in Pain Research & Management, acute injuries to soft tissues can sometimes lead to chronic pain conditions. Those who have whiplash may struggle to manage their pain and regain their range of motion for months or even years following their crash.
In general, their settlement may be somewhat higher than those who were sidelined for only a few days or weeks by their symptoms.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Documenting and Recovering Damages in a Traffic Accident
An insurance settlement is meant to cover the economic and non-economic costs associated with the collision in question. The at-fault driver’s insurance carrier will not want to pay out any more than it has to. This is why knowing the value of your case and having proof of your damages is essential.
Some of the most common losses and evidence used to prove them include:
- Medical treatment costs with medical bills
- Future treatment, care, and support documented by medical experts
- Lost income with proof from your financial statements
- Reduced ability to earn based on information from experts and economists
- Additional expenses with receipts
Pain and suffering losses are also available in these cases. These are non-economic damages not based on the financial costs you paid or other tangible documentation.
How will an Attorney Investigate My Crash?
Law firms that regularly represent car accident victims will have the resources and network necessary to conduct a full investigation into your crash. This will require the firm to:
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Identify and interview witnesses
- Analyze physical evidence
- Survey the accident scene
- Seek any photos or video of the accident
- Enlist the help of medical experts, economists, and others as needed
- Gather proof of your accident-related expenses and losses
The goal of an investigation is to prove:
- The liable party’s identity
- What happened
- The expenses and losses the victim suffered because of the accident
- The potential value of the case
How can a Car Crash Lawyer Help Me with My Collision Compensation?
A personal injury lawyer with our firm may be able to reduce your stress and make it easier for you to recover appropriate compensation for your injuries and damages. You can focus on your treatment, healing, and physical recovery.
When an attorney represents a car accident victim with a soft tissue injury, they should:
- Protect their right to hold the at-fault driver responsible
- Determine the client’s legal options
- Investigate the crash and gather support for their claim
- Prepare and file their claim, demanding a fair payout from the insurer
- Negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Reach a settlement or pursue action in civil court
- Handle their case with no upfront fees or other out-of-pocket costs
Our personal injury law firm will also be able to determine the deadlines in your case. In general, Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a) gives victims four years to get started on a lawsuit.
However, there may be exceptions to this law. At the same time, there may be additional deadlines you must meet before this deadline arrives.
Our attorney can ensure you meet all applicable timelines if you enlist their representation with time for them to do so. We offer complimentary case assessments for injured car accident victims, so there is nothing to lose by making a phone call to speak with us today.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Talk with a Member of Our Florida Personal Injury Accident Team for Free
Traffic accident victims in Florida can reach out to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a case review today for free. We provide these consultations to ensure injured drivers and their passengers understand their rights and know their options for filing an insurance claim or civil action. We also represent our clients based on a contingency fee.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW