If you suffered an injury because of someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions, you deserve help paying your medical bills and other losses. A Broward County personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek the compensation you need to get back on your feet.
- Personal Injury Law Covers a Range of Claims
- Personal Injury Compensation Includes Your Out-of-Pocket Expenses and Awards for Pain and Suffering
- How Much Money Can You Receive for Your Personal Injury?
- You Have a Limited Time to File Your Broward County Personal Injury Case
- Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine 24/7 for Help with Your Personal Injury Case
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Broward County, call (800) 747-3733
Personal Injury Law Covers a Range of Claims
Personal injury laws allow you to recover compensation if you or your property suffered harm due to another party’s actions or failure to act. Many types of accidents fall under the personal injury umbrella. Our attorneys can assist with claims and lawsuits involving, but not limited to:
- Car, truck, and bus accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and falls
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Birth injuries
- Dog bite injuries
- Swimming pool accidents
- Negligent security cases
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Rideshare vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Defective products, drugs, or medical devices
Broward County Accidents
According to the Florida Department of Health, there were 8,406 hospitalizations for non-fatal, unintentional accident injuries in Broward County in 2020. Falls were, by far, the most common injury type, with nearly 4,800 incidents across all age groups. The second most common injury type was motor vehicle traffic accidents.
There were 1,280 fatal, unintentional accidents in Broward County during the same year, with poisoning, vehicle accidents, and falls being the deadliest incidents. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a fall, a vehicle collision, or another kind of accident, reach out to our team to learn more about how we can help you.
Broward County Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Personal Injury Compensation Includes Your Out-of-Pocket Expenses and Awards for Pain and Suffering
Personal injury compensation may include your accident-related expenses and awards for your injuries’ effect on your quality of life. In general, you can pursue:
- Medical costs. The cost of health care can quickly add up, especially if you have severe injuries or need ongoing treatment. We can help you seek compensation for all your past and future medical needs, including hospitalizations, surgeries, rehabilitation, medical equipment, medications, and long-term nursing care.
- Lost wages. Your injuries may require you to take days, weeks, or even months off work to recover. Our lawyers can pursue the value of your lost wages. We can also help you seek awards for the loss of your future earning capabilities if your injuries keep you from returning to work.
- Personal property damages. We can help you pursue the cost of fixing or replacing any property damaged during your accident, including vehicles, cell phones, electronics, and jewelry.
- Household services. If your injuries prevent you from doing everyday tasks, such as cooking, driving, cleaning, or caring for your children, we can help you seek the cost of hiring help. Likewise, if you need to change your home to accommodate mobility issues or other health care needs stemming from your accident, we can pursue those costs, as well.
- Pain and suffering damages. We can seek compensation for the physical, emotional, and mental impact of your injuries. This may include awards for pain, scarring and disfigurement, paralysis, anxiety, sleeplessness, stress, and the loss of your ability to participate in activities you once enjoyed.
- Wrongful death damages. If your loved one sustained a fatal personal injury, we can help you pursue awards for their wrongful death. This includes your loved one’s medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Additionally, according to Florida Statutes § 768.21, surviving family members can seek compensation for their pain and suffering and the loss of their loved one’s companionship, support, and guidance.
How Much Money Can You Receive for Your Personal Injury?
How much you could receive in a personal injury settlement or verdicts depends on factors specific to you and your case, including:
- Your age
- Your wages at the time of your accident
- Whether you can return to work
- The value of your personal property damages
- The extent of your medical treatment
- Your future medical needs
- The severity of your injuries and your pain and suffering
Our personal injury attorneys will help you calculate and seek a fair sum for your damages. We will fight for every penny owed to you.
Florida’s Comparative Fault Statute
We can help you pursue awards even if your actions are partially to blame for your accident. According to Florida Statutes § 768.81, the court will assign each party a degree of fault. This fault percentage will determine how much compensation you receive.
For example, if the court awards you $100,000 but assigns you 20 percent of the fault, you would receive $80,000. Our attorneys can tell you more about how this may affect your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Have a Limited Time to File Your Broward County Personal Injury Case
Our lawyers will gather evidence and prepare your case before Florida’s statute of limitations expires. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you have four years to pursue a personal injury case and two years to take action for a relative’s wrongful death.
In addition to filing your claim or lawsuit before the deadline, our lawyers will:
- Locate and interview witnesses
- Collect photographs, video, and other accident-related evidence
- Obtain your medical bills and records
- Consult with experts about your case
- Handle all phone calls and emails with the insurance company
- Negotiate for a favorable settlement on your behalf
- Provide you with regular updates throughout your case
- Represent you in a lawsuit if needed
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine 24/7 for Help with Your Personal Injury Case
Our team is available around the clock to take your call and answer your questions. We work on contingency, which means you only pay us a fee if we win compensation for you. Our services cost you nothing upfront. To find out more about how our Broward County personal injury lawyers can assist you, call our offices at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case review.