Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena, formerly known as Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena, is a large multipurpose arena located in downtown Jacksonville, Florida. Since being built in 2003, it has hosted a wide range of musical acts, sports teams, and events.
Anytime large groups of people gather in one place there is the potential for accidents. If you tripped, slipped, or fell while at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena, you may be eligible to recover damages for your injuries, depending on the details of your case.
How to Know if Your Slip or Fall at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena Warrant a Claim
The first step in any personal injury case is establishing fault by proving negligence. In layperson’s terms, this means we need to show the Arena had a duty to create a reasonably safe environment and failed to do so. The four elements of we look for are the following.
Duty of Care: Did the Arena have a responsibility to provide you with a reasonably safe environment. If you were attending an event and in a public area, they most likely did.
Breach of Duty: Did Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena fail to provide a safe environment? For example, did they know of a safety issue and fail to fix it or restrict access to the area?
Causation: Did you slip and fall due to the Arena’s failure to provide a reasonably safe environment?
Damages: Did your slip and fall cause an injury or financial damages? For example, if you slipped and fell, injuring your tail bone.
Please contact our legal team today. We can review the detail of your case and advise you on your next steps. You should not have to suffer due to the mistakes of another party. Call a Jacksonville personal injury lawyer today if you are thinking about suing Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena for a slip and fall accident at 1-800-747-3733.
Next Steps for Suing Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena for a Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, you may be wondering what your next steps should be. First and foremost, you need to protect yourself and seek medical care. If possible, you should attempt to document the scene and your injuries. Here is a guide for injury victims.
- If you are severely injured, seek medical care right away, mainly if you sustained a blow to the head or experience any numbness in your limbs.
- If possible, take photographs of the location in the Arena where the accident occurred, including pictures of puddles and wider frames to show, for example, lack of wet floor signs.
- While at the hospital, take photographs of your injuries, including any bruises, swelling, or cuts.
- Once you have received medical care, consider contacting a personal injury lawyer. In many cases, they can meet you at the hospital to discuss your case.
If your lawyer determines you have a case to pursue compensation, they will begin to gather evidence, including photographs you took, medical bills, and witness statements.
Next, your lawyer will file a claim with Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena’s insurance company to recover damages. In many cases, the insurance company will settle without proceeding to court.
If the insurance company fails to negotiate in good faith, we will file a lawsuit against them and pursue damages in court.
Damages You May Recover in a Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena Slip and Fall Accident
After a slip and fall accident, you may be facing medical bills, missing time at work, and be unable to take care of your family’s day to day needs. We understand this can be a frightening and frustrating time. Our team is here to guide you through the process, including calculating the full extent of your damages.
While we cannot estimate the value of your case, there are specific types of damages we often pursue in slip in fall accidents. These include:
- Medical costs, including transportation to the hospital, x-rays, pain medication, and hospitalization costs.
- Lost wages, if you are unable to work for a short period due to your injuries.
- Future lost wages if you are unable to work for an extended period or unable to work in the same capacity after you heal.
- Pain and suffering damages, for the physical and emotional pain you endure.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at Vystar Veterans Memorial Arena, we can help. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today to discuss your case at 1-800-747-3733.