When cars and motorcycles collide, the biker often suffers the brunt of the crash. Motorcycles do not offer the same protections as a vehicle’s cab, and riders are vulnerable to severe, life-changing, and fatal injuries. Drivers must learn to safely share the road with motorcyclists or pay for the consequences of their reckless or dangerous actions.
If you or your loved one suffered an injury in a motorcycle accident caused by driver negligence, a West Miami personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can pursue financial compensation to help you recover. Do not allow someone else’s mistakes to threaten your future or financial stability. Let us fight for the awards you deserve.
Compensation For Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A motorcycle accident injury can lead to significant medical expenses, lost wages, and other financial hardship for the victim. If your collision was not your fault, you should not have to shoulder the economic burden of your injuries and damages. You deserve compensation for your losses, and our West Miami motorcycle accident attorneys can help you get it.
We can pursue the following awards with a liability insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Current and future medical expenses. Medical damages may include emergency transportation and treatment, medical procedures, hospital stays, doctor’s visits, mobility aids, prescription drugs, physical therapy, and long-term nursing.
- Lost income. We can recover your back pay and lost employment benefits. If your injuries prevent you from working for an extended time or result in a permanent disability, we can seek awards for your lost future earnings and reduced earning capacity.
- Property damages. Our motorcycle lawyers can seek compensation for your vehicle repairs or your bike’s fair market value if it was totaled. We can also pursue awards for other damaged personal items, like safety gear or navigation equipment.
- Pain and suffering. Also called non-economic damages, these awards compensate for intangible losses, including physical and chronic pain, scarring, disfigurement, depression, stress, anxiety, emotional distress, and diminished quality of life.
- Wrongful death. Our wrongful death lawyers can seek compensation on behalf of your fatally injured loved one’s estate and survivors. Damages may include medical bills, funeral and burial costs, loss of your loved one’s financial support, services, and society, and survivors’ mental pain and suffering.
Do Florida Riders Have To Have No-Fault Motorcycle Accident Insurance?
According to Florida Statutes § 627.732, motorcycles are not “motor vehicles” in terms of the state’s no-fault insurance laws. Therefore, riders do not have to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. Instead, injured motorcyclists can seek compensation from a liable party after an accident.
There is an exception to the no-fault exemption for motorcyclists who want to ride without a helmet. Under Florida Statutes § 316.211, bikers can go without a helmet if they are over 21 and have at least $10,000 in medical benefits for crash injuries.
Proving Your Motorcycle Collision Case
Winning compensation from a liable party means establishing the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. In a motor vehicle accident case, the duty of care is the obligation all motorists have to obey traffic laws and avoid behaviors that could harm themselves or others on the road.
- Breach of duty. Breaches include reckless, careless, or wrongful actions like speeding, drinking and driving, following a motorcycle too closely, passing a rider illegally, or failing to check blind spots for bikes and other vehicles.
- Causation. Causation is the link between the at-fault party’s actions and your motorcycle crash. For example, we may demonstrate that a driver caused your accident by making an improper left turn while texting and driving.
- Damages. We will show that your motorcycle accident caused your injuries, which resulted in financial damages and pain and suffering.
Our West Miami motorcycle accident lawyers will handle every detail that goes into building a robust case. We will visit the scene of your crash, collect evidence, and use our knowledge and case experience to prove your right to financial compensation. When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you can rest and recover knowing your legal issue is in capable hands.
How Long Do You Have To File A Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit?
Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally gives you two years from your accident to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not file before time runs out, the court will likely refuse your case. The statute of limitations will also affect your insurance claims because if the deadline expires and you have not reached a fair settlement agreement, you will no longer have any legal leverage over the insurance company.
Our team can pursue your case before it is too late. In addition, the sooner you reach out, the sooner we can start collecting evidence and helping with other tasks, like scheduling doctor’s appointments or repairing your motorcycle.
How Common Are Motorcycle Crashes In West Miami?
West Miami is part of larger Miami-Dade County, which reported over 900 motorcycle accident injuries and 46 motorcycle crash deaths to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) in 2022. Our accident attorneys have experience with severe and fatal injury cases. We can help if you or your loved one suffered the following during a collision:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Brain injuries
- Dental or facial injuries
- Loss of sight, hearing, or speech
- Bone fractures
- Bruising and lacerations (road rash)
- Loss of a limb or bodily function
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
Connect With A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer With The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
A West Miami motorcycle accident attorney with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you fight for injury compensation for nothing upfront or out of pocket. We serve clients on a contingency fee basis, meaning you don’t pay a dime unless and until we win your case. Contact us to schedule a free consultation and get started down the road to financial recovery today.
We Can Help.