Property owners have a responsibility to keep their property free from unreasonable hazards. If you suffered personal injuries while on an unsafe premises or neglected property in Plantation, you may be eligible to recover compensation for your expenses and losses. You may be able to collect a payout to cover your medical treatment, lost wages, and more.
An unsafe premises & property negligence lawyer in Plantation, FL at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will review your case and explain your legal options. If we believe you have a valid case, can file your claim or lawsuit on a contingent basis. You pay us nothing until we get a payout in your case. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to schedule a time for a free consultation with a property negligence lawyer in Plantation.
- Recoverable Damages in a Plantation Unsafe Premises Case
- Identifying the Liable Party in a Plantation Property Negligence Case
- Recovering Compensation in Your Plantation Unsafe Property Case
- Types of Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Hazards
- Talk to an Unsafe Premises & Property Negligence Lawyer in Plantation, FL
For a free legal consultation with a unsafe premises & property negligence lawyer serving Plantation, call (800) 747-3733
Recoverable Damages in a Plantation Unsafe Premises Case
If we can prove the property owner failed to provide proper upkeep on their property and are liable for your injuries, we may be able to recover a range of damages for you. We may be able to recover these funds through an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Some of the most common types of damages we recover for our clients include:
- Medical care and related expenses
- Other health care costs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Ongoing and future care costs
- Out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering damages
If we take your case to court, the judge may also award punitive damages. These damages are possible in cases where the property owner was grossly negligent or intentionally put visitors in danger. Punitive damages, unlike the other damages available in these cases, are not compensatory. Instead, they punish the liable party for their malicious or particularly careless actions.
Plantation Unsafe Premises & Property Negligence Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Identifying the Liable Party in a Plantation Property Negligence Case
If there is any unreasonable hazard on an owner’s property, they have a duty to repair it as soon as they become aware of it. If this is not possible, they have a responsibility to issue an appropriate warning to any visitors. However, when the premises itself is unsafe or neglected, a warning may not be enough.
It is hard to believe a property owner does not know about the neglected state of their property, especially if it is in significant disrepair. Many, however, still claim they were unaware of the dangers on their property. Common defenses include:
- Denying they knew about the condition of the property, including the hazard in question
- Claiming they warned the victim about the hazard
- Claiming the victim was a trespasser
- Pointing fingers at a renter or other property occupier
We can help you counter these claims, and fight for the compensation you need to make ends meet after an unsafe premises injury. We will investigate your case and help you fight for compensation if you suffered injuries while you were a:
- Invited guest
- Anyone else visiting for the betterment of the property owner
Recovering Compensation in Your Plantation Unsafe Property Case
An unsafe premises & property negligence lawyer in Plantation, FL can recover compensation in an unsafe property case by meeting a standard of care sometimes known as the “reasonable person standard.” To win our claim, we must show the property owner failed to:
- Notice the unsafe premises, neglected upkeep, or other significant hazard
- Take action to prevent you from suffering injuries because of the condition of the property
To meet this burden of proof, we will launch a full investigation into your accident and injuries. This includes identifying and collecting all possible evidence to help us prove negligence and liability. As a part of this investigation, we will be:
- Obtaining police reports, injury reports, and other documents pertaining to your accident
- Sending a survey team to survey and document the site
- Searching for video of your accident
- Reviewing witness statements and interviewing witnesses
- Requesting copies of your medical records
- Talking to experts about your injuries, prognosis, impairments, and ongoing care needs
- Collecting documentation of your related expenses and losses
Only after we have a solid case built do we approach the insurance company to demand a payout. Usually, we attempt to get a fair settlement agreement with the property owner’s insurance company. During this process, we are:
- Handling all communication with the property owner and their insurance company
- Ensuring your rights remain protected
- Sending a demand letter outlining our case and your damages
- Attempting to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
If we are unable to reach a fair settlement agreement, or if the property owner does not have insurance, we may need to file a personal injury lawsuit to try to collect the compensation you need. We will present your case to the judge, and ask them to award you a settlement they believe is fair based on the facts of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Types of Unsafe Premises and Property Negligence Hazards
Almost any type of hazard can support a premises liability claim or lawsuit if there is no warning given and someone suffers an injury. When it comes to unsafe premises and property negligence, though, the problems are usually more severe or pervasive.
When a property lacks proper upkeep, you may see one or more of these hazards:
- Uneven ground and holes
- Poor lighting conditions
- Failure to maintain floors, steps, and other areas
- Problems with stairs, walkways, and sidewalks
- Exposed electrical wiring and possible shock hazards
- Broken railings, handles, and banisters
- Open and unmaintained pools or ponds
Talk to an Unsafe Premises & Property Negligence Lawyer in Plantation, FL
An unsafe premises & property lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers free case reviews and consultations. We can help you understand your best option for compensation, and handle every step of your claim on your behalf. If you suffered injuries at an unsafe premises or neglected property, we will fight for the payout we believe you deserve based on the facts of your case.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733. We can evaluate your case for free.