Motorcycles are an excellent way to get around Pinellas Park. Any motorcyclist can tell you that few things are as enjoyable as hugging a turn on a two-wheeler. However, this doesn’t come without risk. Motorcyclists have considerably less protection than other motorists on the roadway. When they get into crashes, their risk of suffering from a severe injury is higher.
In 2021, Pinellas County saw 433 motorcycle crashes. The victims of these crashes have the legal right to pursue compensation, whether that’s through an insurance claim or lawsuit. If you were involved in a motorcycle crash, our lawyers are here to help. A Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can fight for your rights and advise you on your legal options.
Damages In A Motorcycle Accident Crash Case
Motorcycle accidents can cause a range of financial, emotional, and medical challenges. For example, it’s not uncommon for motorcycle accident victims to find themselves in considerable debt as they work to pay off the costs of medical treatment. A settlement could provide you with reimbursement for these losses.
Settlements cover specific categories of losses, called damages. Damages after a motorcycle accident may include:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing care costs, such as rehabilitative therapy
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages, which include damage to a motorcycle
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Reduction in quality of life
How Much Will I Receive In Damages?
Unfortunately, there’s no “average” settlement for motorcycle accidents. This is due in part to the variability of these accidents. Some motorcycles entail serious injuries, whereas others involve minor bruising. These factors, which differ from crash to crash, could impact the valuation of your settlement:
- The type and severity of injuries you’ve suffered
- How effective your legal team is during negotiations
- Whether or not your case involves a lawsuit
A motorcycle accident lawyer can discuss the potential valuation of your case with you. If insurers or another party offer you an unfair settlement, an attorney will be able to advise you on your legal options and how best to deal with lowball settlement offers.
What If I Lost A Loved One?
The reality of motorcycle accidents is that they often involve fatalities. If your case involves a wrongful death, we are truly sorry for your loss. We understand the pain that you are experiencing and want to support you during this difficult time. These are the damages you can pursue after a wrongful death:
- Loss of a close personal relationship
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Medical expenses your loved one incurred before their passing
- Pain and suffering that your loved one experienced
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Pinellas Park, 800-747-3733
Working With A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accident victims often assume that it’s necessary to hire a lawyer if they plan on pursuing compensation. In most cases, this isn’t true. Florida typically doesn’t require claimants to hire a lawyer if they don’t want to.
However, there’s a range of benefits available to those interested in working with a Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer such as:
- Consistent case updates
- Communicating with all relevant parties involved in your case
- Helping you to get your motorcycle fixed
- Understanding and explaining the legal options available to you
These services are designed to make your life as easy as possible after a motorcycle accident. Managing medical expenses and recovering from serious injuries can both be energy intensive. A motorcycle accident lawyer can help to reduce your mental load so that you can focus on your recovery.
Dealing With Insurers
To pursue compensation, you and your lawyer will need to be prepared to handle insurers. Insurers can be tricky to deal with after a motorcycle accident, they may:
- Ask that you provide a recorded statement, and then use these statements against you;
- Provide you with a quick but low-value settlement offer;
- Investigate your social media presence to look for signs that your injuries are not as serious as you claim.
An attorney will be familiar with the tactics that insurers employ after motorcycle accidents. If you decide to reach out to an attorney, you will not need to deal with insurers. When the insurers ask to speak to you about the events surrounding the accident, you can ask that they contact your lawyer instead.
Liability is a core element of motorcycle accidents. If you cannot prove that someone else caused your accident, it’ll be difficult to secure a settlement. To establish liability, you will need to first review relevant case evidence, which may include:
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimonials
- Medical records
- Footage of the accident
- Images from the scene of the accident
With this evidence in hand, you can work towards establishing the four elements of negligence. Together, these elements are designed to prove that another party is liable for your injuries. These are the four elements of negligence with relevant examples:
- A Duty of Care: The driver who crashed into you and caused your accident was responsible for keeping you from harm. All drivers owe every other driver on the roadway a duty of care.
- Breach of Duty: The liable driver was speeding prior to causing your accident, therefore behaving negligently.
- Causation: While speeding, the liable driver ran a red light and crashed into you and your motorcycle. This establishes a clear link between their negligent behavior and your accident.
- Damages: Your medical records and other expenses show that you suffered damages because of your accident.
Can I Afford A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Working with a Pinellas Park motorcycle accident lawyer is easier than you might think since many work on a contingency fee basis, which means that:
- You don’t pay any money upfront
- Your lawyer will evaluate your case for free
- The services are risk-free since your lawyer only gets paid if they win your case
Pinellas ParkMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Don’t Wait to Get Started on Your Case
Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), motorcycle accident victims have four years after their crash to file a lawsuit. This deadline shrinks to two years if you’re filing a lawsuit on behalf of a lost loved one. While not every case will involve a lawsuit, it is best to get started on your case as soon as you can.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Contact The Law Offices Of Anidjar & Levine Today
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we focus on providing compassionate and supportive legal services to our clients. We care about the residents of Pinellas Park and are here to support you during this difficult time by fighting for the best settlement possible.
We’re committed to pursuing fair compensation for our clients. Our team can provide you with a free case evaluation to review the facts of your case, and advise you on your next best steps so don’t hesitate to contact our offices today for your free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW