Suing the at-fault party when you are still mourning your loved one may be difficult, but it can help bring you peace by alleviating financial stress. A Lake Mary wrongful death lawyer can help you, if you so decide. Under § 768.19 of the Florida Statutes, the victim’s estate can file for damages. Call Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for legal guidance on how to proceed with your case.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Lake Mary, call (800) 747-3733
Is Wrongful Death a Civil or Criminal Case?
A wrongful death claim is a civil action. If your loved one dies under preventable circumstances, you have a right to seek a wrongful death claim from the at-fault party. Your application indicates that the actions that led to the death in question are intolerable.
However, the court of law might also punish the at-fault party under criminal law to deter others from engaging in similar criminal offenses. Your claim is distinct from the criminal charges the police may bring against the perpetrator.
For instance, the police might prosecute a drunk driver for causing the accident that killed your loved one under criminal law. Additionally, a Lake Mary wrongful death lawyer may be to help you bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the responsible party, according to the § 768.21 of the Florida Statutes.
Call us at 1-800-747-3733 for assistance in your case. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are always ready to provide legal advice.
Lake Mary Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
The Damages One Can Recover in a Wrongful Death Case
Depending on specific circumstances that led to the death of your family member, you may be able to collect both economic and non-economic damages.
There are several types of damages you can claim, including:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of possible inheritance
- Loss of guidance or companionship
- Hospital and medical expenses
- Emotional and psychological pain and suffering
- Loss of the deceased’s earnings and benefits
Contact Our Team Today to Get Started
You can choose not to retain a Lake Mary wrongful death lawyer. However, at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we will inform you about your rights and evaluate your legal options. Call 1-800-747-3733 for a consultation. We are prepared to:
- Collect and study all available evidence to support your testimony (including photos and videos, accident and police reports, medical records, eyewitness and expert witness testimony)
- Make sure you know about all options available to you
- Update you at every point in your case
- Protect your rights
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you in court, if the need arises
- File all paperwork required for your case
- Work to prove the liable party is responsible for your loved one’s passing
A Lawyer Can Prove Liability
In order to win compensation, you have to be prepared to:
- Show that the responsible party had the duty of care to your loved one
- Demonstrate that the responsible party violated this duty
- Prove that this breach caused or contributed to your loved one’s death
- Your loved one’s death caused you financial losses
A lawyer can work to prove all this for you.