The pleasant weather conditions in South Florida provide a nice backdrop for motorcycle riders. Unfortunately, some motorists refuse to share the road safely with motorcycle riders, leading to accidents and life-threatening injuries.
Motorcycles pose unique problems when accidents occur due to a lack of safety features. Riders can suffer severe injuries that can impact them for the rest of their lives. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence, a Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek compensation while you focus on recovering.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents And Why It Matters
Motorcycle riders have little protection between themselves and the pavement. As a result, injuries received in a motorcycle accident can be much more severe. A broken bone may also have abrasions subject to infection, increasing the odds of complications during the healing process.
Some common types of injuries received in motorcycle accidents include:
- Scrapes, abrasions, and cuts (known as road rash)
- Broken bones, especially extremities (arms and legs)
- Dislocated joints
- Pinched nerves
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Dismemberment (loss of limbs)
- Internal injuries
After any motorcycle accident, you should seek medical attention. Some injuries are not visible and may not show symptoms right away. It’s important to get a correct diagnosis and a treatment plan on your path to recovery. This will serve as documentation of your accident-related injuries in your claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Kendale Lakes, 800-747-3733
What Compensation Is Available After a Kendale Lakes Motorcycle Accident?
If you or a family member suffered injuries in a Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident, you are entitled to compensation if the accident was not your fault. You can still seek compensation for your injuries if you are partially at fault. There are two basic categories of recoverable compensation – economic and non-economic damages.
Recoverable Economic Damages
Economic damages include expenses that can be directly related to the accident. They may include:
- Medical expenses include ambulance transport, emergency medical treatment, hospital costs, follow-up doctor appointments and procedures, physical and occupational therapy, in-home care, and modifications to your home if necessary.
- Loss of income include lost wages, vacation time accrual, bonuses, missed commissions, and pay raises. If your income decreases because you cannot perform your job at the previous level. In that case, the wage difference is also eligible for compensation.
Economic damages are tangible and can be documented with medical statements, receipts, and earnings reports. Our team can gather these documents and add them to your evidence file to prove the value of your claim.
Recoverable Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages have no direct monetary correlation but account for the physical and emotional pain the motorcycle accident caused, such as:
- Mental anguish and emotional turmoil – caused by the physical changes of having severe injuries.
- Pain and suffering from prolonged injury recovery. In some cases, a motorcycle accident can cause lifelong pain.
- Loss of enjoyment of life can also accompany a severe injury. Activities that used to be enjoyable, such as working out or playing with your children, may be impossible or contribute to increased pain levels.
Although there is no set value for these damages, a Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident attorney at our firm can estimate the effect these losses will have on your life. They can assign a monetary value based on several factors, including:
- Your age
- Your relationship status, such as marital status and whether or not you have children
- The prospect of recovery from your injuries
There is no limit for non-economic damages in Florida.
Kendale LakesMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Wrongful Death Damages in a Kendale Lakes Motorcycle Accident
If you lost a family member in a motorcycle accident, please accept our sincere condolences. Under Florida Statutes Section 768.19, your family may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit for additional damages if another party’s negligence caused their death.
When your family is grieving, you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of financial uncertainty. A wrongful death action can include compensation for:
- Medical costs from any lifesaving attempts following the accident
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium/companionship
- Loss of household income if the decedent was the primary wage earner
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
A Kendale Lakes Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Make a Difference
Knowing your rights after a motorcycle accident is an essential first step. Having a Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident attorney on your side can bring peace of mind. Being familiar with the legal process allows our team to fight for your compensation. Our attorney will do the following for you:
- Collect and organize evidence to present your case
- Investigate your accident
- Interview witnesses
- Create an estimate of your damages, including future expenditures
- Work with your insurance company
- Help you to understand your insurance coverage
- Communicate with all involved parties
- File all paperwork on time
- Represent you in court
Many motorcycle accident injury cases are settled out of court and never require a civil trial. Our motorcycle accident team prepares your case as if we will be going to court.
Responsive Legal Representation That Goes the Extra Mile
Our Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident team offers you responsive representation. You will have your attorney’s direct phone number. Our team will respond to any calls or emails. They will provide case updates to keep you in the loop.
With our motorcycle accident team at your side, you can concentrate on your recovery. We handle all the details while you take care of yourself and your family.
Kendale Lakes Motorcycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
No Upfront Fees – Our Risk-Free Promise to You
When considering a lawyer, we understand that cost is a factor in your decision. First, you can take advantage of our free, no-risk consultation. We will listen to your version of the accident and offer our honest assessment.
Should you decide to work with us, we will build a solid case on your behalf with no upfront costs. Our fee will be deducted from your final settlement or court award. You have enough to worry about, and paying attorney’s fees should not be top of mind.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
After your motorcycle accident, a Kendale Lakes motorcycle accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
Our motorcycle accident team can explain your legal options and develop a plan to get the compensation you need to get back on track in your life.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW