Were you injured in a parking lot accident in Florida? You may be able to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Even if your car was parked or you were moving at a slow speed, you could still be eligible to recover damages.
A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida will gather evidence, file your claim, and fight for you in court. You do not have to handle the legal process alone. The legal team from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help.
Parking Lot Accidents Our Team Handles
When vehicles and pedestrians are in close proximity, as they are in a parking lot, accidents happen. Parking lot car accidents may occur for a number of reasons, including:
- Texting while driving
- Driving under the influence
- Failing to yield to pedestrians
- Failing to follow posted signs
- A lack of side or review mirrors
- Improperly maintained parking lots
If you were injured in a parking lot accident, you have the right to seek damages. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation. We can help you whether you were hit while walking, collided with a vehicle on your bicycle, or struck while driving.
How a Parking Lot Accident Lawyer in Florida Can Help
The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine stands ready to assist you following your parking lot accident. We help in several ways by:
Investigating Your Accident
Parking lot accidents can occur for several reasons and may have multiple causes. The identity of the at-fault party may not be immediately clear. Investigating your parking lot accident can include:
- Obtaining eyewitness accounts of the accident
- Gathering police reports
- Working with accident reconstruction experts
- Obtaining video or photos of the accident
- Compiling medical reports
- Collecting repair bills from your vehicle’s mechanic
This evidence is used to build a strong case and recover damages for your accident.
Establishing fault is a critical step in pursuing compensation. Following our investigation, we determine who is at fault for the accident and how they are liable for your injuries and other losses.
To establish fault, we will prove the following elements:
- Duty of care: We must prove the at-fault party had a responsibility to take reasonable steps to protect people in the parking lot. For example, they had a duty to look in their rear-view mirror prior to backing out of a parking spot.
- Breach of duty: We must show the at-fault party failed to take reasonable steps to protect you and others in the parking lot, either through recklessness or negligence. For example, they failed to look in their mirror before backing up.
- Causation: Next, we must show the at-fault party caused your injuries by failing to meet their duty of care. For example, we demonstrate how your broken ankle was caused by the at-fault driver hitting you.
- Damages: Finally, we must show proof of your damages through reports, bills, and other evidence we gather during our investigation.
Meeting the Statute of Limitations
You usually have four years to file a lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida can ensure you meet the deadline and retain your right to recover damages. Failing to comply with the statutory filing deadline could prevent you from recovering damages at all.
The sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the more time we have to meet the statute of limitations. It also gives us time to conduct a thorough investigation, canvass the accident scene, and locate and interview witnesses while their memories are fresh.
If you sustained injuries in a parking lot accident in Florida, don’t face the complex legal process by yourself. The legal team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help.
We Will Manage Your Claim or Lawsuit from Start to Finish
The legal ramifications of a car accident can be daunting. We will help you navigate the claims process, from negotiating with the insurer to arguing your case in court.
Our law firm makes sure you receive:
- Responsive, supportive legal care
- Your attorney’s phone number
- Ongoing updates about your case
- Timely answers and responses
When we say we go the extra mile for you, we mean it. We even help you schedule your doctors’ appointments and have your car repaired. Our team does everything we can to give the support you want. In other words, we take care of everything else so you can focus on getting better.
We’re Ready to Pursue Your Past, Present, and Future Damages
You may worry that the low speed of the accident means you do not have a right to recover damages. Anytime you are injured due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to pursue damages, which may include:
If you sustained injuries in your parking lot accident, you may recover emergency hospital bills, surgical costs, prescription drug costs, and rehabilitative care, such as physical therapy.
If you missed work due to your injuries, you may be eligible to recover lost wages. If your injuries are severe and limit your ability to work, you may be able to recover future lost wages.
Property Damage Costs
We will pursue the cost of repairing your vehicle to its condition before the accident happened. If the cost of repairing your car exceeds the vehicle’s value, we will help you recover its replacement value based on authoritative industry guides.
Pain and Suffering
Recovering from your injuries after a car accident can be lengthy and uncomfortable, both physically and emotionally. It can also deprive you of the ability to enjoy life and partake in your favorite activities. We help you recover compensation for the pain and suffering you experience.
The damages you are eligible to recover depend on a variety of factors, including whether you can continue working and your post-accident quality of life. A parking lot accident lawyer in Florida can calculate your total damages and pursue compensation.
Reviews from Previous Car Accident Clients
When satisfied clients tell others what it means to trust our car accident team, they say the following:
- Sonia G.: I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine…I am very happy with how they handled my car accident case and with the results…I would definitely recommend this law firm…and would definitely use them again.
- Andrea V.: [The]…attorneys at Anidjar & Levine treated me like family after my accident. The thoughtfulness, attention to detail, follow up phone calls and emails, scheduling appointments, helping with repairs to my car, were things I could never have accomplished without them.
Hear from other car accident clients on our testimonials page, and see what it means to work with our client-focused law firm.
Get Legal Support at No Out-of-Pocket Cost to You
Our law firm represents injured clients on a contingency-fee basis. Here is what that means for you:
- We cover all filing fees and courtroom-related costs.
- We finance the cost of hiring and consulting with experts, such as accident reconstruction analysts.
- You don’t have to rearrange your finances to afford our team.
- You can start your case as soon as you’re ready.
Our fee structure means we accept a percentage of your settlement as payment for our help. So, we only get compensated when you do.
Contact a Florida Parking Lot Accident Attorney Today
If you were involved in a parking lot accident in Florida, you have the right to pursue damages from the responsible party. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help protect your rights and recover damages for your injuries and other losses.
Do not wait; contact our parking lot accident lawyers in Florida today.