Bedsores could be an indication that your loved one is not receiving adequate care during their nursing home residency. If your loved one is not being bathed and repositioned in their bed, they may develop bedsores, among other health complications.
A Boca Raton bedsores lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding your loved one’s bedsores and take any legal action justified by their findings. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about how a lawyer could be of assistance to you and your loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a bedsores lawyer serving Boca Raton, call (800) 747-3733
Bedsores May Be a Sign of Nursing Home Mistreatment
Johns Hopkins Medicine notes that bedsores, also known as pressure sores, may be caused by:
- General, prolonged pressure on your loved one’s skin
- Your loved one wearing a cast for too long
- Your loved one lying in bed for too long
- Your loved one being confined to a wheelchair for too long
If you have seen bedsores on your loved one or have been notified of their presence, then you should consider whether your loved one’s needs are being met. They may be left in compromising physical positions for dangerously long periods of time. This could indicate that your loved one is not being adequately monitored, lifted from their bed, repositioned in their bed, or engaged in activities that could be beneficial to their health. Bedsores may be cause for further investigation.
Bedsores May Be a Sign of Neglect
If your loved one develops bedsores, it is fair for you to question whether neglect is the cause. The nursing home where your loved one has developed bedsores could have failed to deliver quality standards of care. You may want to consider whether the nursing home truly has your loved one’s best interests at heart.
The development of bedsores may not be the only instances of mistreatment that your loved one is facing in their nursing home. The National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA) lists several types of mistreatment that may occur in a residential health care setting.
- Physical abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Psychological abuse
- Financial exploitation
Bedsores could fall under the category of neglect if they are the result of your loved one being left in the same position for long periods of time. You may want to be aware of other possible signs of mistreatment if you suspect that your loved one has been neglected.
Indicators of Nursing Home Abuse or Neglect
If you suspect that your loved one is being subjected to nursing home abuse or neglect, you should intervene immediately. You can start by notifying the nursing home’s administration of your suspicions and see how they respond. You should also start by considering how a lawyer can advocate for your loved one’s right to a clean and safe environment.
Some signs that your loved one has been abused, neglected, or exploited may include:
- Changes in your loved one’s physical appearance, including cuts, burns, bruises, and weight loss
- Concerning changes in your loved one’s personality
- Unexplained or recurring injuries
- A lack of personal grooming
- Unexplained changes in your loved one’s financial assets
- Any other changes in your loved one’s health, appearance, personality, or personal assets that cannot be explained adequately or believably
A Boca Raton bedsores lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has the legal resources you need to promote your loved one’s safety. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to find out more about how we can help your loved one seek justice.
Boca Raton Bedsores Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer Can Stand Up for Your Loved One
It may be difficult to make headway on your own as your loved one’s advocate; a lawyer can help you get to the bottom of your loved one’s mistreatment.
Some ways that a lawyer may help uncover any instances of nursing home abuse or neglect include:
- Visiting your loved one’s nursing home
- Interviewing your loved one to find out whether they have been mistreated, and if so, how they were mistreated
- Consulting independent medical professionals to examine your loved one
- Consulting psychological counselors to assess your loved one’s mental state
- Identifying all parties responsible for any mistreatment your loved one has suffered
- Filing a lawsuit on your loved one’s behalf
- Recovering compensation either through out-of-court negotiations or an insurance settlement
Your lawyer will take into account that your loved one may be unable to provide an account of events, appear in court, and handle the process of bringing a lawsuit. Your lawyer will handle as much of the legal process as possible while protecting your loved one against any further harm.
Your Lawyer Can Recover Compensation
If your lawyer reaches the conclusion that your loved one has been neglected, abused, or otherwise mistreated, then their goal will be to obtain fair compensation for your losses.
If your lawyer negotiates a settlement or secures a judgment, then your family could recover compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of your loved one’s time in the nursing home where they were neglected, abused, or exploited
- The cost of moving to a new nursing home
- Any medical costs resulting from their mistreatment
If your loved one has suffered any other losses as the result of nursing home neglect, then your lawyer may seek compensation for those losses. In addition to seeking compensation, a lawyer will defend your loved one’s rights throughout the legal process.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
You could reap several benefits from hiring a lawyer to handle your loved one’s nursing home abuse case. Their goal is to hold the nursing home financially accountable for your loved one’s mistreatment.
A Boca Raton bedsores lawyer will make obtaining justice for your loved one their priority. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more.