Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Southchase
While the details and severity of every case are different, some of the most common types of personal injury accidents in Southchase are:
- Car accident: The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles states that of the more than 400,000 car accidents that happen each year in Florida, over 166,000 of those accidents result in personal injuries.
- Medical malpractice:Medical errors are the third-leading cause of death in the United States. These cases can be highly complex and require the victim–or the victim’s family–to show that there was a breach in the duty of care towards the patient.
- Slip and fall accident: Property owners and business owners have a duty to keep their premises safe from hazards. If the slip and fall was the result of negligence on the part of the property owner, they have breached their duty to the victim and may owe damages.
These are just a few of the possible accidents that can result in serious personal injuries. If you or a loved one is suffering because of someone else’s negligence, contact a Southchase personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
Working with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Southchase
No matter what kind of accident you were in, we are here to pursue damages to the fullest extent of your injuries. While the process we follow for handling your claim can vary according to the details of your case, these are the general steps we will take:
During our initial consultation, we will get a clear picture of what happened to you. We may ask questions to ensure we have all the facts, including:
- When did the accident occur?
- How did it occur?
- Have you been able to return to work?
- Can we access your medical records to learn more about your injuries and treatments?
After the consultation, we will collect evidence like accident photos, police reports, and witness statements. The sooner you seek our counsel after the accident, the easier it will be to collect the necessary evidence.
File an Insurance Claim
Whether we file a claim with your insurance company or another party’s insurer, it is important to know that insurance company’s want to pay out as little as possible and may try to lowball you. Our attorneys will stand up against the insurance companies to ensure you receive a fair settlement. If one cannot be reached, we may advise you to file a civil lawsuit against the negligent parties.
To get started right away or to get a free evaluation of your case, contact one of our Southchase personal injury lawyers right away.
We Can Help.