There is no set timeframe that determines how long an Orlando truck accident claim takes to settle.
Each settlement process is different and could be determined by:
- The willingness of the insurance company to settle
- Whether you decide to accept an insurance settlement or not
- The amount of money involved
- The extent of your injuries
- The liable party’s role in the collision
A lawyer can look into the factors surrounding your accident and estimate how long your case will take to settle. Yet, as your case develops, there could be additional variables that extend or reduce the time it takes to resolve your situation.
Both You and the Insurer Have Certain Deadlines
Just like how every case is different, every insurance company is different. Some insurers work quickly to compensate injured claimants because they understand the financial stressors surrounding a truck accident. Other companies are not so diligent. If you are unable to reach a fair settlement offer with the insurer, then you have the option of bringing your case to court, but you only have a limited time to do so.
Under Florida Statute §95.11, you are granted a four-year period to file a lawsuit for damages. Many claimants want to avoid going to court because of the time involved with litigation. Yet, according to the American Bar Association, most personal injury cases are resolved without the need to go to trial.
If you agree to a settlement with the insurance company, under Florida Statute §627.4265, the insurer has 20 days to pay you. Still, the period in which you reach an agreement may vary significantly from one person’s claim to another.
A Lawsuit Could Help You Recover Compensation
As we mentioned before, if you cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, then you have the option of taking your case to court. While the law does not require you to work with a lawyer, if you do, they can handle many of the aspects involved with your case.
A lawyer can:
- Estimate the cost of your collision-related expenses
- Determine who is responsible for your losses
- Consult with field experts regarding your accident and injuries
- Gather evidence to determine negligence
- File your lawsuit to the appropriate courts
- Negotiate a fair settlement or argue your case at trial
- Defend your rights throughout the financial recovery process
An Orlando truck accident lawyer may be able to assist you in ways that we have not included here.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Our team will go the extra mile for you, regardless of how long it takes to settle your Orlando truck accident claim. While we advocate for your legal rights, you get to focus on recovering from your injuries. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation during which you can learn more about your options for financial recovery.
To get started, call us today at 1-407-500-4000.