An Orlando car accident lawyer may deal with insurance companies for you. You may choose to have a lawyer represent you if:
- You would like to settle your financial needs through insurance if possible
- You do not want to agree to an offer from an insurance company because it inadequately values your losses
- You want to ensure that you leave all possible options open to pursue compensation, whether through insurance or civil courts
- You are not comfortable, for any reason, in dealing directly with representatives for one or more insurance companies
Auto insurance can be an extremely profitable business, as Insider Monkey notes that the sector accounted for $285 billion in profits in 2019 alone. Broadly speaking, insurance companies may not be easy negotiators, and they may give you a tough time as they attempt to maintain their profits. Having a lawyer on your side may help protect your rights.
You May Pursue Compensation Through Noninsurance Avenues
A lawyer may represent you in negotiations with insurance companies, but there is no guarantee that they will reach an agreement that you find satisfactory. Some of the possible problems that can arise during insurance settlement negotiations include:
- The insurance company alleges that you do not have sufficient documentation for your losses
- Even if you provide ample documentation, the insurance company offers you significantly less compensation than you need or are entitled to
- The individual responsible for your accident does not have sufficient coverage to account for your losses
- You and the insurance company do not see eye to eye on how you may or may not have contributed to your accident
If negotiations between your lawyer and one or more insurance companies fail, another option you may consider is a personal injury lawsuit, as explained by the American Bar Association (ABA). A law firm representative may explain the specifics for this type of lawsuit.
A Lawyer May Help You with a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Not only may your Orlando car accident lawyer deal with insurance companies on your behalf, but they may also help you take the next steps in pursuing compensation, which might require you to bring a personal injury lawsuit.
Before you decide to bring such a lawsuit, your legal team may:
- Explain to you the compensation that they will seek as the goal of your lawsuit
- Detail the benefits and possible drawbacks that may come from bringing a lawsuit
- Explain why they believe you are a candidate to be a plaintiff in a personal injury suit
- Outline a payment agreement, which may not require you to pay any upfront or out-of-pocket expenses to retain a lawyer’s services
A lawyer may then take all necessary steps to begin and complete your lawsuit. You may be able to receive compensation for:
- Accident-related medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Any other losses you have suffered because of the defendants’ negligence
If insurance companies do not step up to the plate, consider that a lawsuit may be a viable option for pursuing the compensation you may be entitled to collect.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
A lawyer will take on your legal fight for compensation, which could be invaluable if you are recovering from a serious injury, tending to a loved one who has been injured, or mourning the death of a loved one. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-407-500-4000 to learn more about our responsive legal care.