Depression is not listed as one of the potential side effects of the Paragard® intrauterine device (IUD), but it does have a number of other potentially severe side effects.
According to the official website and Paragard® safety information, side effects may include:
- Developing pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Perforation of the uterine wall / Uterus perforation
- Expulsion of the Paragard device from the uterus
- The necessity for surgery to remove a Paragard device that has become lodged in the uterus
These are only the side effects that the manufacturers of Paragard list on their website. You may be subject to additional side effects from the IUD and may want to investigate further if you’ve wondered, can ParaGard cause depression?
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
You May Have Grounds for a Paragard-Related Lawsuit
While many women turn to Paragard as a means of family planning, the device is known to pose hazards to women’s health in a variety of different ways. Some claimants are reporting that the IUD has the potential to tear the lining of the uterine wall, which may require surgery for the piece to be removed.
If you or a loved one was injured by the implementation of the Paragard IUD, you have legal options. You may be able to hold the device’s manufacturer, your doctor, or another party responsible for your injury. During this time, you may want to consider working with a lawyer who can identify the liable parties and pursue the cost of your losses.
You may be able to recover costs associated with:
- Medical bills, including the cost of surgical intervention and removal
- Lost income, if you had to take time off work due to your condition
- Reduced earning capacity, if you were unable to return to your former place of employment
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
Depending on the details of your case, you may be eligible to pursue compensation for damages that we have not listed here.
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
While depression is not listed as a side effect of the Paragard IUD, women have wondered, can ParaGard cause depression? Medical devices must be cleared of any hazards before entering the marketplace, but there are possible unexpected side effects that might be discovered later. After diligently taking measures to promote your sexual health, you should not be subject to any hazards posed by a faulty product.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand the flurry of emotions you must be feeling as you consider your legal options. Our goal is to prove that you were ultimately injured due to another party’s negligence and that as a result, they should be financially responsible for your damages.
A lawyer from our firm can:
- Help you determine who is at fault for your injuries
- File your lawsuit to the appropriate venue
- Collect evidence, including any proof that negligence contributed to your damages and subsequent losses
- Obtain testimony from experts in relevant fields
- Handle all of your legal needs through the completion of your lawsuit
- Defend your rights
We offer responsive legal care and may be able to assist you with your Paragard-related lawsuit. If you’re wondering how can ParaGard cause depression, call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.