Motorcycles can be thrilling, but they can also be dangerous. The same elements that make motorcycles exciting leave the driver vulnerable in an accident. News4JAX reports that on September 7, 2021, a motorcycle driver in Orange Park, Florida, was killed in an accident with a drunk driver.
If you were hurt or lost a family member in a motorcycle accident in Clay County, you may be entitled to financial compensation known as damages. These damages may cover your losses for medical bills, property damage, and other losses. While you can seek damages on your own, you may prefer working with a Clay County motorcycle accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
Negligence and Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Accidents can happen for various reasons, including parties’ careless or reckless behavior. This type of behavior is legally known as negligence. When one party causes a motorcycle accident through their negligent behavior, they can be held legally liable for the accident and financially responsible for related expenses, such as medical bills, property damage, and more.
After a motorcycle accident, two potentially liable parties are other drivers or the municipalities in charge of the road where the accident occurred.
- Vehicle drivers can cause motorcycle accidents with careless driving. Common types of negligent driving include drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, failing to yield to a motorcycle, and failing to observe traffic signs.
- Municipalities can cause motorcycle accidents by creating unsafe driving conditions. Municipalities can be negligent if they fail to maintain roads, clear branches, or other debris. Failing to fix poorly designed intersections or install guard rails or the proper road signs or signals can also constitute negligence.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Clay County, 800-747-3733
Damages Available in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Our lawyer can evaluate the details of your motorcycle accident in Clay County and then determine which damages you may be able to recover and how much those damages are worth. You may be entitled to:
Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
You may be able to recover:
- Medical expenses for emergency care, diagnostic imaging, surgeries, rehabilitative therapies, and prescription medication, among others
- Lost wages for unpaid time off work while you recover
- Property damage for the repair or replacement of your motorcycle
Damages Available in a Wrongful Death Case
You may be able to recover:
- Medical bills for the medical care your loved one received before their death
- Funeral and burial costs, such as fees for the casket, cremation, memorial service, flowers, transportation, and other expenses
- Loss of income and benefits for current and projected earnings and benefits
- Loss of support and services, such as household chores and maintenance, childcare, and others
- Loss of companionship for the loss of the relationship
Clay CountyMotorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Do I Need a Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident?
While you do not need a lawyer to manage your motorcycle accident case, having one ensures a professional is handling your legal matters while you focus on getting better. Our lawyer will:
- Help you with the little things: Whether you need assistance with getting your motorcycle fixed or finding the right doctor, we can help.
- Handle insurance matters: We will communicate with the insurance companies, file a claim, and submit documents supporting your case.
- Oversee the negotiation process: We will negotiate a settlement with the other party’s insurance company. If negotiations fail, we can file a lawsuit and seek compensation in court.
- Provide responsive legal care: Throughout this process, we will keep you up to date on your case’s progress. You can call your lawyer, not just the office, at any time.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
File Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Before Time Runs Out
Florida limits how much time you have to seek damages from the at-fault party after a motorcycle accident. These laws may apply to your case:
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) establishes the statute of limitations for personal injury at four years
- Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) establishes the statute of limitations for wrongful death at two years
In cases of personal injury, the clock starts on the accident date. In wrongful death cases, it starts on the date your loved one died. Under certain circumstances, the law allows for exceptions to these deadlines. Our lawyer will review your case, determine if any exceptions apply, and make sure you file your lawsuit on time.
Clay County Motorcycle AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Client Testimonials for the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we fight for our clients to get the results they deserve after suffering injuries caused by someone’s negligence. We can never guarantee an outcome, but we can guarantee that we will work hard to obtain the best possible results. Here are some of our client testimonials:
- Rudy D.: “Rear-ended in February, 2017. From literally the day after the accident I have been in the extremely capable hands of this law firm. The medical providers I was sent to were top notch, and everyone involved with handling my case (Mark, Jonathan, and Sasha) did an excellent job as well. A year later and my case is wrapping up with a result that I am more than satisfied with. Their reputation is well deserved. Thanks guys!”
- Daniel R.: “Shire Patel worked with me on my case and was absolutely amazing! Sharp as a knife and fought hard against the insurance with my best interest in mind at all time. He was also very responsive and always kept in touch updating me about my case at all hours. I had very high expectations for my injury compensation and he exceeded them beyond belief. He really takes the time to make sure you get the best…. I am very grateful he was my attorney and I would highly recommend him!”
We Can Represent You After a Motorcycle Accident in Clay County
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Clay County, you may be entitled to damages for medical bills and lost wages, among others. Our lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you recover damages for your losses.
Call our office today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free case review. We work on contingency, which means you pay nothing unless we win your case.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW