The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is well-equipped to do the necessary legwork to support your claim. Contact us today at 1 (800) 747-3733 to learn what your options are for recovering compensation.
Common Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Doctor Phillips, FL
There are numerous types of accidents that could leave you or a loved one injured. Here are a few common accidents that cause personal injury:
Over 1,000 car accidents happen every day in the state of Florida, resulting in injuries ranging in minor to life-altering. While accidents are sometimes unavoidable, they are oftentimes the result of negligence on behalf of one of the drivers.
Occupational injuries happen every year, resulting in unanticipated medical expenses, lost wages, and even wrongful death. If you have a personal injury in Doctor Phillips as a result of a workplace accident, a workers’ compensation lawyer can help you collect the compensation you deserve.
Boating accidents are common to the state of Florida and can produce serious or even life-threatening injuries. While the boating accident may be the result of equipment failure, this type of accident is oftentimes the result of negligence.
If you suspect that you or a family member has suffered personal injury or even wrongful death as a result of medical error, you may be entitled to compensation. These are just a few of the most common types of accidents resulting in personal injury in Doctor Phillips, FL. Every case is unique, and your accident may or may not be included on this list.
If you have a personal injury as a result of another person’s negligence, call a Doctor Phillips personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free review of your case to find out what options you have for pursuing damages.
Damages You Can Recover as a Result of a Personal Injury
If you have suffered personal injury as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for damages—the harm you have suffered because of the accident, which lawyers can recover in the form of:
- Lost wages
- Medical expenses, including hospital costs, doctors’ examinations, physical therapy, or prescription medication
- Future medical costs if the personal injury was severe
- Missed opportunities for workplace advancement
- Pain and suffering you have endured as a result of the accident
- Emotional distress
- Property damages
- Damages from permanent disfigurement
- Any other damages directly related to the accident
In some cases, the personal injury is so severe it results in the death of the victim. In this case, the family members are able to pursue damages for wrongful death. These can include:
- The value of the support that the victim provided to the surviving family members
- Loss of companionship and protection
- Funeral costs
- Loss of wages, benefits, and other earnings
- Pain and suffering the family endured as a result of the loss
A wrongful death lawyer can help you navigate the challenging process of filing a wrongful death claim.
How the Statute of Limitations Could Impact Your Claim
The state of Florida imposes time limits on the amount of time that victims have to pursue damages for a personal injury. In most cases, Florida law states that the victim has four years from the time of the accident to pursue compensation for losses. In the case of wrongful death, you must take action within two years of the date of the accident.
If the deadline passes and you have not filed your claim, you may be unable to pursue compensation for any damages you have suffered as a result of the accident.
The sooner you begin the process of pursuing damages, the easier it will be to gather the necessary evidence to support your claim. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free, no-obligation case review. Our team is ready to get started on your case right away to help you get the compensation you deserve.
How a Doctor Phillips Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you have suffered a personal injury because of someone else’s actions, you have the right to hold that person responsible. However, recovering damages can be an overwhelming process, especially if you are trying to heal from your injury while beginning the process of pursuing damages.
A Doctor Phillips personal injury lawyer can take the burden of fighting for compensation off your shoulders. Here is how we can help:
- Gathering evidence like medical records, police reports, eyewitness statements, and other evidence
- Answering all your questions to make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible
- Communicating with insurance companies or other attorneys on your behalf
- Negotiating for a settlement that achieves compensation to the fullest extent of your injuries
- Fighting for your interests in a trial if an agreeable settlement cannot be achieved out of court
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we have worked with many clients in cases similar to yours and are proud of the results we have achieved. Call us today at 1 (800) 747-3733. A member of our team is standing by and ready to get started right away.
We Can Help.