No two car accident cases are the same, and the amount of losses you can get for pain and suffering from a car accident in Orlando, FL, will depend on the strength of the case that your lawyer presents. They will have to clear the legal hurdle of liability first, then go on to present a compelling case that demonstrates that the liable party is responsible for your pain and suffering—along with the other expenses that result from the accident.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
Proving Liability in a Car Accident Case
A personal injury lawyer will first set out to prove that the defendant is liable for your injuries, pain, and suffering. They will do this through a four-step process, which is:
- Establishing that the liable party owed you a duty of care
FL § 429.29 mandates that every motorist act in a way that ensures other motorists and pedestrians are not put at an unreasonable risk of danger.
- Proving that the liable party breached their duty of care to you
If a witness states that the liable party was engaging in any number of dangerous behaviors—speeding, tailgating, being on the phone, changing lanes without signaling, etc.—then they likely breached their duty of care to you, especially if they caused the accident.
- Proving causation
Once we show that the defendant behaved in a way that put you and other motorists at undue risk, we will illustrate that the behavior increased the likelihood of the accident that ultimately occurred.
- Calculating the losses caused by the resulting accident
We will estimate your total expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and any other losses to present a strong case that you are owed recoverable losses at the liable party’s expense.
What Else a Car Accident Will Do for You
To paint a full picture of your injuries for the court, a car accident lawyer serving Orlando, FL will:
- Interview any witnesses to the accident and secure their testimony for trial and settlement negotiations
- Speak with your medical caregivers to document the extent of your injuries, and how they interfere with your ability to work and earn an income
- Review, archive, and present any photographic and/or video evidence of the accident
- Handle all legal filing and correspondence so that you can focus on recovery
- Ensure that your rights are protected throughout the entirety of the legal process
A lawyer serves as your legal counselor in what is often a trying time that can be rife with confusion. It can be helpful to have somebody by your side to interpret the law and handle all legal responsibilities on your behalf.
Damages You May Be Entitled to
Each car accident case is different, but commonly recoverable losses in these cases include:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy bills
- Any past, present, and lost wages stemming from your injuries
- Diminished earning capacity or disability due to your injuries
- The cost of property damage
- Pain and suffering
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Want to Help You
Depending on the details of your case, you may be entitled to further damages. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation. You may have a limited time under FL § 95.11. While we cannot tell you how much you can get for pain and suffering from a car accident in Orlando, FL, we can go over your case and the valuation of your damages.