Losing a family member is devastating, especially if it happened because of someone else’s carelessness. If your loved one passed away due to a car accident on Bay Street, drowning at one of the hotel pools in Daytona Beach, or another act of negligence, you may be entitled to seek damages from the liable party.
It can be difficult to navigate what to do after the wrongful death of a loved one, but the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help. Our Daytona Beach wrongful death lawyers can manage your case while you spend time with your family.
- What is Wrongful Death?
- Understanding Wrongful Death Compensation in Florida
- Our Injury Attorneys Help Daytona Beach Clients Based on a Contingency Fee
- The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Stand by You During This Difficult Time
- Learn How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine’s Daytona Beach Lawyers Can Help
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Daytona Beach, call (800) 747-3733
What is Wrongful Death?
According to Florida Statutes § 768.19, a wrongful death occurs when someone dies because of another party’s “wrongful act, negligence, default, or breach of contract or warranty.”
Our firm handles wrongful death cases that stem from:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian and bicycle accidents
- Accidental drownings
- Medical malpractice, including botched surgeries, misdiagnosis, and failure to treat
- Defective products, including dangerous drugs and faulty medical devices
- Slip or trip and falls
- Dangerous property conditions
Daytona Beach Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Understanding Wrongful Death Compensation in Florida
Unlike in some states, Florida does not allow family members to pursue wrongful death compensation directly. Instead, the deceased’s personal representative must seek damages on behalf of their estate and any surviving family members, according to Florida Statutes § 768.20. Any recovered awards are then split among the deceased’s beneficiaries, which may include their spouse, children, or parents.
You and your family may be entitled to recover losses for:
- The value of the deceased’s lost wages, earnings, and benefits from the time of their injury until their death
- The value of wages, earnings, and benefits the deceased would have saved had they lived
- Medical expenses related to the deceased’s fatal injury
- Funeral and burial costs
- The loss of the deceased’s support and services
- The loss of the deceased’s parental guidance, instruction, and companionship
- The loss of the deceased’s protection and care
We understand that monetary awards will not erase the pain you feel over your loved one’s loss. However, compensation can provide you with a sense of justice, relieve any financial burden created by your loved one’s fatal accident, and provide you with funds to help you heal.
Our Injury Attorneys Help Daytona Beach Clients Based on a Contingency Fee
For nearly 15 years, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has helped thousands of clients from across Florida get the money they deserve after an accident. In doing so, we work for a contingency fee to help relieve some of the financial pressure that comes with these events.
Working on this payment plan involves:
- A free consultation with one of our staff members when you first call us
- No upfront, hourly, or lump sum fees due
- Your lawyer taking their fee from the compensation they obtain for you at the end of your case
- No payment due if your lawyer cannot secure an award on your behalf
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Stand by You During This Difficult Time
Right now, your focus should be on you and your family, not on insurance claims or legal action. Our wrongful death lawyers can take care of your case so that you can turn your attention to what really matters.
We Can Help You Seek an Insurance Settlement
Filing an insurance claim can resolve some wrongful death cases. For example, if your loved one died because of accidental drowning, you may be able to pursue compensation via the property owner’s liability insurance provider. This coverage could be from a business or homeowners policy, depending on where the accident occurred.
Our attorneys can determine if insurance is applicable to your case and help you file your claim. We will:
- Obtain evidence, such as medical records, accident reports, surveillance footage, and eyewitness accounts
- Use the available evidence to build a strong case proving your loved one’s death resulted from negligence
- File your paperwork
- Manage and meet case deadlines
- Communicate with the insurance companies and other involved parties
- Negotiate to achieve the highest amount of compensation possible for you
Throughout this process, our team will be by your side. We will return your calls and emails and provide you with regular case updates so that you are never left in the dark. We will even give you your attorney’s cell phone number so that you can reach out anytime.
We Can Assist You with Taking Action in Civil Court
We can also help you seek compensation with a wrongful death lawsuit. We can even prepare your case for court and pursue a verdict all the way to trial, if necessary.
Lawsuits are subject to the statute of limitations. According to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d), you usually have two years to file a wrongful death case with the court. Your window of time begins at the time of your loved one’s death, which may not be the same as the time of their injury. Circumstances exist that could shorten your time limit.
Learn How the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine’s Daytona Beach Lawyers Can Help
We do not believe your current financial situation should stand in the way of seeking justice for your loved one. Our Daytona Beach wrongful death lawyers can assist you with pursuing financial awards at no upfront cost to you.
Our team can get you started with a free, no-obligation consultation. We will answer your questions, discuss your options, and help you take your next steps. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 today to get started.