The Miami Herald reported that what initially began as a waterspout made landfall as a tornado, resulting in extensive losses for those living on the South Florida coast. If you were among those whose property was damaged or destroyed by the tornado, then a Golden Beach, FL tornado property loss lawyer will help you file an insurance claim or any other legal action that is warranted.
While some insurance companies strive to fulfill the obligations outlined under claimants’ insurance policies, others do not. You may experience difficulty getting the coverage you need if the insurance company denies, undervalues, or employs “bad faith insurance practices” that prevent you from getting the help you need.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we can help you get the coverage you need to replace or repair damaged property. We have members of our team available today to listen to your story and explain your options for financial recovery. Call 1-800-747-3733 to get started.
For a free legal consultation with a tornado loss lawyer serving Golden Beach, call (800) 747-3733
A Lawyer Can Defend You Against Bad Faith Insurance Practices
We mentioned earlier that some insurance companies will go to considerable lengths to prevent claimants from getting the coverage they need. However, when you partner with a lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, they can advocate for your right to compensation after suffering losses by a weather event.
Some examples of bad faith insurance practices you might be dealing with right now include:
- The insurance company is refusing to answer your calls, emails, or other attempts to get in touch with them.
- The insurance company is denying you the coverage that is clearly stated in the details of your insurance policy.
- The insurance company has undervalued the cost of your damages, despite evidence that proves your losses are worth more.
- The insurance company is pressuring you into accepting a settlement that does not accurately reflect your losses.
You do not have to deal with unscrupulous insurance practices when you have a lawyer on your side. They can read the details of your insurance policy, determine what coverage options you have, and then enter into negotiations with the insurer.
A Lawyer Will Help You Manage Communications with the Insurer
One reason to speak with a lawyer or their team as soon as possible is to defend your rights. For example, the statements that you make to the insurer after the tornado could carry more weight than you realize.
A lawyer can:
- Make you aware of statements and actions that may put your claim in jeopardy
- Speak with insurance company officials on your behalf to protect your rights
- Help you file your claim as soon as possible
- Employ strategies that counteract bad faith insurance practices
A natural event, such as a tornado, may affect a great number of people. Insurance companies may be motivated to settle claims as quickly as possible. Your lawyer can serve as your advocate to make sure that you are treated fairly by the insurer.
Call the team of a Golden Beach, FL tornado property loss lawyer to find out more about how they can protect your rights after a tornado. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Golden Beach Tornado Loss Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How Your Lawyer Will Pursue Compensation
Everybody affected by a tornado has a unique story to tell, and your lawyer’s approach to your claim will depend on your specific set of circumstances. You may pursue an insurance claim in response to tornado-caused property losses.
If this is the case, then your lawyer may:
- Help you document the full extent of your property losses, possibly with help from third-party professionals
- Create an itemized list of the property that has been damaged because of the tornado
- Assign value to each piece of property that was damaged because of the tornado
- Calculate your total losses from the tornado
- Recording and organizing any relevant witness accounts to include in your claim
Once your lawyer has completed the preliminary steps necessary to an insurance claim, they may begin the filing process.
Filing your insurance claim may include:
- Completing all necessary paperwork
- Submitting all paperwork to the appropriate entities
- Handling all correspondence with insurance representatives
- Keeping you aware of the progression of your claim
- Explaining what offer constitutes a fair settlement
If the outcome of your initial property loss claim is not what you hope for, then your lawyer can advise you on your legal options. As a property owner, you have protections against insurance companies, according to the Florida Senate. Your lawyer can share in greater detail what those rights are.
Compensation After a Golden Beach, FL Tornado
Depending on the specifics of your insurance policy, you may have coverage in the case of a sudden weather event. Your lawyer can review those details to determine what compensation you are entitled to.
You may be able to recover compensation for:
- Damage to your home
- Damage to your vehicle (or vehicles)
- Damage to any other personal property because of a tornado
Depending on the specific details of your insurance policy, you may also be entitled to reimbursement for other costs associated with tornado damage, such as temporary accommodations and transportation. Your lawyer will review your insurance policy, determine which of your losses should be covered, and help you file a claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
You may benefit from the legal services offered by a Golden Beach, FL tornado property loss lawyer. Your lawyer will guide your insurance claim to the finish line, looking out for your rights as they do so.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation with our team. We provide responsive legal care and will go the extra mile for you and your loved ones.