There are many lawyers bringing cases on behalf of patients who use Zantac to offer their services at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost. N-Nitrosodimethylamine is commonly known as NDMA was found at unacceptable levels in Zantac and ranitidine.
An arrangement of this kind is referred to as legal services on a contingency fee basis.
The cost to hire a Zantac attorney includes no upfront or out-of-pocket cost. Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You will pay nothing from your pocket, as the lawyer will only collect a fee as a percentage of your winnings. You and your lawyer agree on the percentage the lawyer will collect prior to your case.
Contingency Fees Lower The Cost to Hire a Zantac Attorney
Contingency fees can be beneficial to both parties in a legal contract—the lawyer and the plaintiff, which in this case may be you. When a lawyer’s payment is contingent on you winning compensation, it means that:
- The lawyer has an incentive to advise you honestly about your case, and the awards to which you may be entitled.
- The lawyer is not likely to waste your time on a frivolous case because they know that they will not get paid unless you secure a successful result (a key difference between a lawyer who works on a contingency fee and one who will bill their client for hours).
- The lawyer is just as invested in securing a favorable outcome for your case as you are.
These are benefits for the client. But another massive benefit of contingency fee-based attorney services is that they allow plaintiffs who could not typically afford a lawyer to secure legal services at no out-of-pocket cost.
Contingency fee based representation opens the legal system to everybody who has been harmed in some way, instead of only those who have the resources to pay a lawyer upfront.
Contingency fees lower the cost to hire a Zantac attorney. It levels the legal playing field in many respects. If you have been harmed by manufacturers of Zantac, a lawyer is ready to represent you at no out of pocket cost.
You May be Eligible to File a Lawsuit Today
Have you taken the acid-suppressing medication Zantac in the past? Perhaps you have taken its generic version, ranitidine, or another brand name medication that contains the same basic chemical makeup as Zantac. If you have, then you may have been put at an elevated risk of developing cancer without being warned.
The manufacturer of Zantac, Sanofi, recalled Zantac in October 2019 according to USA Today, confirming reports that the acid-blocking medication contained impurities. These same impurities are categorized as carcinogenic in humans by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The problem is that Zantac has been on the market since the 1980s, and yet no consumer was ever warned that one of the side effects of Zantac was an increased risk of developing cancer.
The failure to adequately test and warn consumers about possible carcinogens in Zantac, ranitidine, and other pharmaceutical equivalents is the basis for many lawsuits that have been filed recently. The cost to hire a Zantac attorney is no cost upfront.
You may be an eligible plaintiff in a joint or individual lawsuit if you have taken Zantac—especially if you have since been diagnosed with cancer.
A Lawyer Can Provide Legal Services And Guidance at No Cost
Many lawyers who work on a contingency fee basis will handle your case for compensation if you suffered harm because you took Zantac. The cost to hire a Zantac attorney is no upfront fees. A lawyer may assist you by:
- Explaining the circumstances of your case and all of your options
- Collecting all available information and evidence relevant to your case
- Using evidence, testimony, and other assets to put together your case for compensation
- Representing you in court
- Completing all of the necessary steps for your case to reach a conclusion
- Defending your rights during their time as your lawyer
As previously mentioned, a lawyer who works on a contingency fee basis is likely to be upfront with you about the strength of your case, because they only get paid if you win. Call a lawyer today to get an honest assessment of your case, as well as legal services should you choose to move forward.
If you win a settlement or judgement, then you may be able to collect reimbursement for:
- Medical bills related to any illness that may be the result of Zantac
- Income that you have lost because of said illness
- Pain and suffering
You may be able to pursue other forms of compensation.
Call Our Team at The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
We will provide you honest, responsive legal advice and services. You will not pay anything upfront or out of pocket. Call the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation about your case.