Did you slip on a substance on the floor in a store or fall on a broken step? You may recover compensation for your injury from the owner or operator of the premises.
Proving Liability for Your Injury in a Slip and Fall Accident
An owner or operator of a business owes a duty to keep the premises free of hazards that can injure you.
Examples of Slip and Fall Accidents
Common slip and fall accidents include the following:
- A shopper slips on a spill in a grocery store.
- A customer slips on a spilled beverage in a restaurant.
- A visitor falls on a broken step at the entrance of a business.
- A visitor to a hospital falls on ice on the sidewalk.
Did you slip, trip, or fall while shopping in a store, walking in a parking lot, or climbing stairs? You may be entitled to compensation from the owner or operator of the premises. Contact a slip and fall lawyer in Weston at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for help: 1-800-747-3733.
Proving Liability of the Owner or Operator of a Business for a Slip and Fall
There are several complex elements to showing liability in a slip and fall case, but we can help. What must a lawyer prove to find liability on the part of an owner or operator of a business for your slip and fall accident?
- A hazard was present, e.g., water on the floor, a broken step, or a sudden drop-off in a parking lot.
- The owner or operator created the hazard or knew or should have known of the hazard. For example, water was sitting long enough that an employee should have known it was there.
- The owner or operator took no action after learning of the hazard. The owner did not clean the substance from the floor or put up a sign warning you of the danger.
Gathering Evidence to Prove Liability in a Slip and Fall Accident
Our team works to gather evidence and build your case, including showing liability. How does a Weston slip and fall lawyer gather evidence to prove liability?
- Investigate the scene of your accident
- Interview witnesses to the accident and employees of the business
- Determine how the owner or operator addresses hazards
- Obtain footage of the fall from a surveillance camera
- Check if a step or other structure met applicable building codes
If you slipped and fell on someone’s property, contact a slip and fall attorney in Weston at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for help: 1-800-747-3733. Our injury lawyers will investigate your case to hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries
Slip and falls can cause serious injury, including the following:
- Head and facial injuries: you may strike your head and face on the floor or hit a counter or shelf as you fall
- Broken ankle or leg: a hole or sudden drop causes you to break an ankle or leg
- Broken arm or wrist: you break an arm or wrist attempting to protect yourself when you fall
- Back injuries: you slip a disc or suffer an injury to your back when you land or twist to keep from falling
If you suffered any kind of injury in a slip and fall, contact a premises liability lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for help. Our slip and fall lawyers in Weston examine your medical records, talk to your doctors, and consult with a medical expert to prove the extent of your injury.
What compensation can you recover for your injuries in a slip and fall case?
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
The team at Anidjar & Levine will negotiate a settlement with the insurance company or the lawyers for the other side. We work to get compensation to cover any rehabilitation costs as well as costs related to lost earning capacity.
While many cases settle out of court, if our team does not receive a settlement offer that compensates you fairly for all your injuries, we will not hesitate to take the matter to court.
Deadline to File a Lawsuit for Injuries in a Slip and Fall Accident
In Florida, you have four years to file a suit to recover compensation for injuries in a slip and fall accident. The sooner you contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, the sooner we can begin building your case and working to get you compensation for your injuries.