Construction accidents can result in extensive physical, emotional, and financial damages. Expensive medical bills and permanent injuries can cause stress. If you have been in a construction accident, consult a construction accident lawyer in Weston, FL. We will fight to get you fair compensation for your injuries.
Common Construction Accident Causes
Negligence, product defects, improper maintenance of equipment, as well as failure to adhere to safety policies and procedures can result in worksite accidents.
Common causes include:
- Poor safety precautions
- Insufficient training and oversight
- Collapsing cranes
- Overloaded hoists
- Defective harnesses
- Improperly used or maintained equipment
- Mechanical hazards
- Exposure to toxic substances, fires, or explosions
- Slips and falls
- Scaffolding defects
- Misuse of tools
- Electrical accidents
- Falling objects, such as debris
Understanding Workers’ Compensation
Workers who are injured through employer violations of any U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standard can file workers’ compensation claims. By filing claims, workers can get their medical treatment covered and receive back pay for lost wages.
Potential Damages Recovered from a Construction Accident
Serious injuries and permanent disabilities can have a major impact on the victim as well as the victim’s family. A construction accident lawyer in Weston can help you file a lawsuit against a negligent third party to recover:
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings
- Health care costs
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our firm, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, fights for the rights of construction accident victims in Weston, FL. Call 1-800-747-3733 to begin a free, no-obligation review of your case.
Potential Responsible Parties in Construction Accidents
Generally, workers’ compensation insurance covers most work-related injuries. Most lawsuits are filed against third parties such as:
- The Owners of a worksite: Typically, liability is determined by the amount of control the owner has over the property.
- General and Sub-Contractors: General contractors, who are considered project managers, must provide reasonably safe work conditions under standards set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). It is their duty to ensure workers know of potential site dangers or any work-related risks. They must also ensure that workers follow safety regulations. The subcontractors of a project are also bound by OSHA standards.
- Manufacturers, Retailers, and Suppliers: If a defective product caused a person’s injury, the party that made it, provided it, or sold it may be held liable.
Determining liability is a complex process. Therefore, a Weston construction accident lawyer can be a crucial ally in your legal battles. Our firm understands that each case has its own unique nuances. We can handle every detail of your legal challenge, from preparing your case to negotiating your claim.
Our firm stands ready to take your case to trial if the liable party fails to offer a fair settlement. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 to get a free review of your case in Weston, FL.
Steps to Take Following a Construction Accident
Get prompt medical attention if you or someone you love was hurt in a construction accident. You should get a medical examination even if an injury does not appear serious. Taking care of your health is of utmost importance.
Other actions to take following an accident:
- Report injuries to your employer, direct supervisor, or manager
- Take photos of your injury, the scene of the incident, and any equipment, tools, or dangerous situations that led to the accident
- Get information from any eyewitnesses
Our Weston construction accident attorneys will fight to get fair compensation for you and your loved ones. Call our firm at 1-800-747-3733 to get a free, no-obligation review of your case in Weston, FL.
Reasons to Consult a Construction Accident Lawyer
In many cases, negligent parties do what they can to pin the fault on others, including the injured party. They may hire private investigators to bolster deceptive claims about the worker’s injuries. Workers’ compensation insurers also tend to offer hasty but inadequate settlements to avoid more expensive claims. This is why it is helpful to have a construction accident lawyer by your side.
Worried About Being Able to Afford a Construction Accident Lawyer?
Our law firm works on a contingency fee basis. This means our injury lawyers don’t get paid unless you receive a settlement.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733, so we can begin reviewing your construction accident case in Weston, FL. We will fight to protect your rights.